Ture State Champs

amIaCoach

Cox, cbq is correct in stating that if a student receives one dollar more than what he qualified for through the Princeton review, then that school needs to be turned in. I know of a situation at a private school where a student received more than he qualified for, and he was not allowed to compete that year. Again, all the paper work is submitted to Princeton and they determine the maximum amount a student can receive.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pointblankrange @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826375941[/snapback]if we are going to split it in two divisions why dont we do large school/small school. i dont know one other state that does public/private

Since Private Schools are for the most part all star teams, 2 things should happen to make state more feesable for all teams to compete for dual championships.

1. Keep state duals separate for public and private schools and have 2 division champions

2. Also keep state small school duals but add more teams (up the # of students per school to compete there)

There is no dominance or arguement for individual state if there are no teams points counted so 2 things should happen here.

Have 2 divisions

1. Small school division (half the state public and private)

2. Large school division (same)

I never understood how 140 schools could compete for 6 medals and 14 schools also compete for 6 medals.

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:00 PM) 826378203[/snapback]Since Private Schools are for the most part all star teams, 2 things should happen to make state more feesable for all teams to compete for dual championships.

1. Keep state duals separate for public and private schools and have 2 division champions

2. Also keep state small school duals but add more teams (up the # of students per school to compete there)

There is no dominance or arguement for individual state if there are no teams points counted so 2 things should happen here.

Have 2 divisions

1. Small school division (half the state public and private)

2. Large school division (same)

I never understood how 140 schools could compete for 6 medals and 14 schools also compete for 6 medals.

I never understood why some parents paid for their children's education to go to a private school as well as other children's education in the public school system. Where do you get off calling private school teams all-star teams? How is this possible. The best team in wrestling this year was Soddy Daisy, and last time I looked, they were a public school. Remember, they beat Baylor in the dual as well as the McCallie tournament. I think your Smyrna mentality is getting the best of you. Would it be because you only took 3 to the state this year. Let's be real.

Let's have 1 division for schools where all students pay 100% of their education and 1 division for shools where the students pay for only part of their education. Oh, we can't do that because that would put us back to 1 division.

QUOTE(RHSraptor @ Feb 18 2007 - 05:38 PM) 826377885[/snapback]My idea is after the State Championships are over have a DI/DII dual meet with the champions wrestling each other. That would solidify the argument of 1. which champion is better and 2. which division is better.

What do you all think?

Call it the "Ronnie Carter Invitational"

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826379211[/snapback]I never understood why some parents paid for their children's education to go to a private school as well as other children's education in the public school system. Where do you get off calling private school teams all-star teams? How is this possible. The best team in wrestling this year was Soddy Daisy, and last time I looked, they were a public school. Remember, they beat Baylor in the dual as well as the McCallie tournament. I think your Smyrna mentality is getting the best of you. Would it be because you only took 3 to the state this year. Let's be real.

Let's have 1 division for schools where all students pay 100% of their education and 1 division for shools where the students pay for only part of their education. Oh, we can't do that because that would put us back to 1 division.

J. Miller just won a state championship for a small public school. Great job!!!...... but I am hearing rumors already that some private schools (probably in Chattsville) are trying to grab em up for next year. Maybe trying to get they're team unbeatable?? Like some kind of ALL STAR TEAM????? I'm just saying.....maybe I could use different words to discribe them. I mean there even coming from across the state line to wrestle for them.

I'm glad Soddy beat them all. Go public schools!!!

QUOTE(pointblankrange @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826375941[/snapback]if we are going to split it in two divisions why dont we do large school/small school. i dont know one other state that does public/private

GREAT IDEA ! TWO DIVISIONS... LARGE SCHOOL AND SMALL SCHOOL, BUT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL STATE TOURNAMENT ONLY. YOU STILL NEED TO SPLIT THE SCHOLARSHIP SCHOOLS "ALLSTAR TEAMS" FROM THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS FOR TEAM STATE BECAUSE THEY ARE RECRUITING AND FILLING EVERY WEIGHT CLASS WITH SOME OF THE BEST WRESTLERS IN THE SOUTH. ABOUT 42% OF THE KIDS IN DIVISION 2 ARE MEDALING AT STATE, AND THATS COMPARED TO ABOUT .04% IN DIVISION 1. DIVISION 1 WOULD HAVE TO PLACE THE TOP 60 KIDS IN EACH WEIGHT CLASS IN THE STATE TO GET TO 42%. THATS ALOT OF MEDALS.

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:01 PM) 826380023[/snapback]J. Miller just won a state championship for a small public school. Great job!!!...... but I am hearing rumors already that some private schools (probably in Chattsville) are trying to grab em up for next year. Maybe trying to get they're team unbeatable?? Like some kind of ALL STAR TEAM????? I'm just saying.....maybe I could use different words to discribe them. I mean there even coming from across the state line to wrestle for them.

I'm glad Soddy beat them all. Go public schools!!!

tnko,

The private schools know who Jeremy Miller is, however, so do the public schools. He has wrestled in many tournaments and with a middle school team the last few years so I am sure there are many teams that would love to have him wrestling for them. Please be careful of what you say because it is not always the private schools looking at public schools. There is a history of public schools taking wrestlers from other public schools. There is not a monopoly (?) on this.

P.S. I have heard a rumor of a public school who is after Jeremy in order to have him wrestle in bigger dual meets. See, anybody can say this.

P.S.S. Keep your eyes on your wrestling gear, you may never know where there are cameras!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:49 PM) 826380484[/snapback]tnko,

The private schools know who Jeremy Miller is, however, so do the public schools. He has wrestled in many tournaments and with a middle school team the last few years so I am sure there are many teams that would love to have him wrestling for them. Please be careful of what you say because it is not always the private schools looking at public schools. There is a history of public schools taking wrestlers from other public schools. There is not a monopoly (?) on this.

P.S. I have heard a rumor of a public school who is after Jeremy in order to have him wrestle in bigger dual meets. See, anybody can say this.

P.S.S. Keep your eyes on your wrestling gear, you may never know where there are cameras!!!!!!!!!!!!

In response to your first statement your right, maybe thats why some teams in public school are as good as the private ones,

Your PSS confuses me Master for its been a long time for its been since middle school that Ive tried to decipher Confucious.....

QUOTE(tnko @ Feb 20 2007 - 06:10 AM) 826380602[/snapback]In response to your first statement your right, maybe thats why some teams in public school are as good as the private ones,

Your PSS confuses me Master for its been a long time for its been since middle school that Ive tried to decipher Confucious.....

This topic has been discussed now for many years. The only people who do not want the individual state championships together are the public school coaches. Most of the fans and even wrestlers would like for the tournqment to be all together. Why cant the kids all wrestle and just keep seperate team standings for public and private schools?