Dist 4-AA (who looks good, who's improved

utbaseballfan

QUOTE(BigDawg09 @ Mar 31 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826427371[/snapback]After we sweep Loudon, we will be ready for the Mavericks. Bryge may regret threatening us with the azz whoopin by then. Nice class talking that way to our Asst. Coach's wife! You probably won't pitch at Catholic anyway since you can't handle our student section. They would have you rattled. Guess they'll save you to pitch at home where it's safer for you anyway!

At least AJ Kirby is going to a good school like TN Tech. Byrge has Roane State written all over him. Also don't think they lost 8 out of 9 starters. I know for sure that AJ and Bo both started last year and several others started several games but they are weaker than usual I'll admit.

BigDawg switches views more than John kerry.. AC will win this district hands down.. ive seen them play and I believe they will make it to state.. AJ Kirby can flat out rip the baseball.. but when it comes to pitching.. he has speed.. upper 80s 87-89. thats about it.. NO control.. but Byrge is the better pitcher. he's got a bit more speed and a whole lot more control.. and Byrge is going to LMU but maybe you can make the trip up there and watch him one day..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Byrge kid he can run that mouth a little bit but seems to back it up. Sometimes you have to have an attitude to be a confident pitcher. But unfortunatly I can vouch for him since i have faced him for the past 2 years. He is good! We only had one hit against him this year up at AC and they had a gun on him and (supposedly) he touched 90-91 a few times staying upper 80's. So the irish will have their hands full with him. But would not worry about him now b/c the redskin nation is on the horizen!!!

QUOTE(CoachLogan74 @ Apr 2 2007 - 06:17 PM) 826428489[/snapback]I saw the Loudon-CAK game at CAK. An unbiased opinion, CAK made a ton of mistakes, Loudon looked they were playing up to their potential. The game ended 3-2. CAK was, and is, the better team.

Well if CAK was and is the better team they now are 0-2 vs the SKINS, and since last night Catholic is ow 0-1 vs the SKINS so you just keep thinking happy thoughts.

QUOTE(utbaseballfan @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826428961[/snapback]CAK has a ton more talent than Loudon, and I believe Catholic is more talented than Loudon. But somehow, Coach Thompson gets the best out of his kids. Hats off to Loudon and Coach Thompson.

Agreed. This is what i meant to say, you just said it alot better than i did. Billy, its good to see that you have enthusiasm and school spirit. But the fact of the matter is that school spirit only gets you so far. Congrats to Loudon and enjoy this while it lasts.

What's wrong with CAK right now? I've seen them play before and I know they are talented. I've also seen Loudon and Kingston, and I know they have average talent at best. CAK should not have gone 1-3 against those 2 teams. And although CAK beat Alcoa by 1, Alcoa is really down this year at 3-10.

And Catholic seems to be off to a good start, but they really don't have any quality wins yet. We'll see how they do against Anderson County next week. AC is the only team in the district with some quality wins thus far.

I still think AC and CAK are the 2 best teams in the district, but CAK just hasn't showed it yet.

QUOTE(utbaseballfan @ Apr 6 2007 - 08:48 AM) 826431255[/snapback]What's wrong with CAK right now? I've seen them play before and I know they are talented. I've also seen Loudon and Kingston, and I know they have average talent at best. CAK should not have gone 1-3 against those 2 teams. And although CAK beat Alcoa by 1, Alcoa is really down this year at 3-10.

And Catholic seems to be off to a good start, but they really don't have any quality wins yet. We'll see how they do against Anderson County next week. AC is the only team in the district with some quality wins thus far.

I still think AC and CAK are the 2 best teams in the district, but CAK just hasn't showed it yet.

Rumor has it that a large majority, if not all, of the CAK players do not enjoy playing for the new coach. Many of them miss the atmosphere of their former coach, Steven Gum. Many parents discredited Coach Gum claiming he wasnt a good coach, but this team finished with a .500 record last year and did much better against the district teams and only lost 2 players to graduation and lost 1 to transfer from last season. Sometimes, you just gotta hate how some parents stick their noses where it doesnt belong and unfortunately, they're reaping what they sowed.

QUOTE(utbaseballfan @ Apr 6 2007 - 08:48 AM) 826431255[/snapback]What's wrong with CAK right now? I've seen them play before and I know they are talented. I've also seen Loudon and Kingston, and I know they have average talent at best. CAK should not have gone 1-3 against those 2 teams. And although CAK beat Alcoa by 1, Alcoa is really down this year at 3-10.

Alcoa is not really down this year. We just have played a really hard schedule so far with losing two to seymour, and anderson county, once to William blount by 1( who made it to the semi finals of the sports bell classic) on an droped fly ball. When we played uall we gave the game away with leaving too many people on base. We lost to loudon 10-7 with 11 errors. We are just finding out who wants to play and who doesn't. On here are schedule is ranked 6th in AA.