Dist 4-AA (who looks good, who's improved

utbaseballfan

QUOTE(ironman2020 @ Feb 21 2007 - 11:56 PM) 826383966[/snapback]Bottom Line- Anderson Co. is the undoubtably the favorite this year. If you want to use the logic of taking the best pitcher off every team last year out of the equation (i.e., Justin Thompson, Loudon) it would have been totally different last year. Again, also take the best pitchers from each individual team off last year and they are not near of the team they would have been. That is just highschool baseball. Some people on this website focus too much on year to year. Other than some obvious (recruiting) from year to year there is not a wholesale change. JUST GO OUT THERE AND BEAT WHOMEVER AND PROVE IT.

Who has been recruiting????

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have head from reliable resources that Jeffrey Smith has been receiving recruiting letters from top D1 schools such as Miami Cal St. Fullerton and Vandy.. But it has also been rumored that he is going to forgo his junior and senior year to sign with DEI and join the Nextel Cup... any truth to this?

QUOTE(railsplitter77 @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826383611[/snapback]DID ANYONE KNOW THAT THE CATCHER FOR AC LAST YEAR SIGNED WITH BLUEFIELD STATE IN WEST VIRGINIA? FROM MY UNDERSTANDING HE WAS A VERY GOOD CATCHER AND COMMANDER FROM BEHIND THE PLATE. THE SHORTSTOP WAS ALSO A GREAT PLAYER FROM THE INFORMATION THAT I RECEIVED. THEY BOTH WILL BE MISSED BY THE TEAM BUT AC HAS SOME VERY RESPECTIFUL YOUNG PLAYERS COMING ALONG ACCORDING TO THE TALK ABOUT TOWN. THE TEAM SPIRT THAT AC DEMONSTRATED LAST YEAR AT THE REGION AND SECTIONAL TOURNAMENTS I FEEL THAT WE SHOULD ALL LEARN FROM. BOTH TEAMS WERE LAUGHING AND TALKING AFTER THE GAME. WAY TO SHOW THE TRUE MEANING OF BEING A " YOUNG MAN" GUYS.

Hello Railsplitter77 I was the catcher at AC last year and I appreciate the compliment. I am at Bluefield State in West Virginia. On reguards to the shortstop, he was a good player and he will be missed. AC will be very strong though and will be competing at a very high level.

QUOTE(Baseballfan9383 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826380893[/snapback]I agree catholic has a great coach! But to say he is the best is a little extreme saying you have the loudon coach who has been the only head coach loudon has had since the school opened. If you have ever been to their field just look at all the banners on the outfield wall.......

Catholic has a great coach? How do you become a great coach in 2 years. AC whipped them 3 times last year. The only team they swept was Scott County. They were lucky to split with Loudon, Kingston, and CAK. He has no clue pitching wise and can't teach hitting worth a lick. They are bunting whizzes. He plays way too much politics and lets the money call the shots. Mike Guinn is a far better coach and so are the guys from Loudon and Kingston. Kent Matthews of CAK has probably forgotten more baseball than Sullivan knew. He's a much better groundskeeper than coach.

QUOTE(BigDawg09 @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826399522[/snapback]Catholic has a great coach? How do you become a great coach in 2 years. AC whipped them 3 times last year. The only team they swept was Scott County. They were lucky to split with Loudon, Kingston, and CAK. He has no clue pitching wise and can't teach hitting worth a lick. They are bunting whizzes. He plays way too much politics and lets the money call the shots. Mike Guinn is a far better coach and so are the guys from Loudon and Kingston. Kent Matthews of CAK has probably forgotten more baseball than Sullivan knew. He's a much better groundskeeper than coach.

your right I am sure he knows nothing about hitting, since he hit 400 his senior year at auburn.

QUOTE(BigDawg09 @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826399522[/snapback]Catholic has a great coach? How do you become a great coach in 2 years. AC whipped them 3 times last year. The only team they swept was Scott County. They were lucky to split with Loudon, Kingston, and CAK. He has no clue pitching wise and can't teach hitting worth a lick. They are bunting whizzes. He plays way too much politics and lets the money call the shots. Mike Guinn is a far better coach and so are the guys from Loudon and Kingston. Kent Matthews of CAK has probably forgotten more baseball than Sullivan knew. He's a much better groundskeeper than coach.

That is probably the dumbest post that has ever gone up on any website.

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ Mar 4 2007 - 04:53 PM) 826399532[/snapback]your right I am sure he knows nothing about hitting, since he hit 400 his senior year at auburn.

It's all about small ball. 82% of his hits were singles. He also led the team in times picked off base! With average to weak pitching you're not going to win in this district playing like that. Walden is the only pitcher with any decent experience then it's BP pitching time for the rest.

Whether a current coach hit .400 or .200 when he played in college doesn't affect whether he can coach hitting or not. Actually, whether he was talented enough as a player to even play college ball doesn't make him a good coach or a bad coach. Many coaches know the skills, but few can teach them and get the most out of their players.

QUOTE(utbaseballfan @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:17 PM) 826401319[/snapback]Whether a current coach hit .400 or .200 when he played in college doesn't affect whether he can coach hitting or not. Actually, whether he was talented enough as a player to even play college ball doesn't make him a good coach or a bad coach. Many coaches know the skills, but few can teach them and get the most out of their players.

Excellent point! How many managers in the big leagues were great players? It's all about teaching and motivating and maybe even recruiting. Delmonico is a great example. He was a soccer guy.