Dist 4-AA (who looks good, who's improved

utbaseballfan

QUOTE(noquarter @ Apr 8 2007 - 03:43 PM) 826432469[/snapback]Alcoa is not really down this year. We just have played a really hard schedule so far with loseing two to seymour, and andersn county, once to William blount by 1( who made it to the semi finals of the sports bell classic) on an droped fly ball. When we played uall we gave the game away with leaveing to many people on base. We lost to loudon 10-7 with 11 errors. We are just finding out who wants to play and who dosent. On here are schedule is ranked 6th in AA.

I agree you have had a tough schedule. Though, as far as the Loudon game, go back and check the box score. It should be:

Loudon - 10 runs on 10 hits and 4 errors

Alcoa- 7 runs on 6 hits and 4 errors

That is a lot less than eleven.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ironman2020 @ Apr 8 2007 - 04:14 PM) 826432494[/snapback]I agree you have had a tough schedule. Though, as far as the Loudon game, go back and check the box score. It should be:

Loudon - 10 runs on 10 hits and 4 errors

Alcoa- 7 runs on 6 hits and 4 errors

That is a lot less than eleven.

we have down eleven. i know we at least had 9 or 10

QUOTE(CoachLogan74 @ Apr 8 2007 - 04:11 PM) 826432407[/snapback]Rumor has it that a large majority, if not all, of the CAK players do not enjoy playing for the new coach.

I don't know about the CAK players, but I do know that team chemistry means more in baseball than most folks think. I heard Catholic players had a similar problem Coach Sullivan's first year. I think it's gotten better. Sometimes it just takes a little time. However, Coach Guinn at Anderson County seemed to create the right atmosphere his first season. Of course, success on the field usually makes everything okay in the dugout and off the field. It's always interesting to see how a team handles the bumps in the road during the season. AC didn't really have any bumps last season, but I think they'll be fine when they do.

QUOTE(utbaseballfan @ Apr 9 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826432813[/snapback]I don't know about the CAK players, but I do know that team chemistry means more in baseball than most folks think. I heard Catholic players had a similar problem Coach Sullivan's first year. I think it's gotten better. Sometimes it just takes a little time. However, Coach Guinn at Anderson County seemed to create the right atmosphere his first season. Of course, success on the field usually makes everything okay in the dugout and off the field. It's always interesting to see how a team handles the bumps in the road during the season. AC didn't really have any bumps last season, but I think they'll be fine when they do.

If the winning stops at Anderson County, the fact that so many out of district players have been brought in might cause problems. As long as the winning continues, things will be fine. However, if the losses start to mount, I can't believe that some in district parent won't resent the fact that their son is playing behind some kid that lives in Knoxville.

QUOTE(BigFly @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826432828[/snapback]If the winning stops at Anderson County, the fact that so many out of district players have been brought in might cause problems. As long as the winning continues, things will be fine. However, if the losses start to mount, I can't believe that some in district parent won't resent the fact that their son is playing behind some kid that lives in Knoxville.

good point

AC will hit their first bump in the road today. They seem to be on a downhill slide losing 4 or 5 games in the past week. Losing to Powell???? Embarassing. Byrge- looks like the azz whoopins you all have seen have come from the teams you're playing. Guessing you won't pitch against us away from home. Got to keep that record safe. We'd rather see Pack at home. DI and Big Trey should have a field day!

Don't limit the recruiting to Knoxville, you're slighting the kids you've gotten from Campbell County, Clinton and O.R.

QUOTE(BigDawg09 @ Apr 10 2007 - 06:01 AM) 826433716[/snapback]AC will hit their first bump in the road today. They seem to be on a downhill slide losing 4 or 5 games in the past week. Losing to Powell???? Embarassing. Byrge- looks like the azz whoopins you all have seen have come from the teams you're playing. Guessing you won't pitch against us away from home. Got to keep that record safe. We'd rather see Pack at home. DI and Big Trey should have a field day!

Don't limit the recruiting to Knoxville, you're slighting the kids you've gotten from Campbell County, Clinton and O.R.

Should be a good and exciting game tonight at Catholic! good luck to both teams!!!

QUOTE(BigDawg09 @ Apr 10 2007 - 06:01 AM) 826433716[/snapback]AC will hit their first bump in the road today. They seem to be on a downhill slide losing 4 or 5 games in the past week. Losing to Powell???? Embarassing. Byrge- looks like the azz whoopins you all have seen have come from the teams you're playing. Guessing you won't pitch against us away from home. Got to keep that record safe. We'd rather see Pack at home. DI and Big Trey should have a field day!

Stop making excuses for yourself. Be a man and just play ball. They beat us and we didn't cry about it...

QUOTE(BigFly @ Apr 10 2007 - 08:18 AM) 826433828[/snapback]So does that mean you only have recruits from Knoxville, Clinton and Oak Ridge?

I have a question for you Big Fly. Why do you only post on this topic about recruiting? All you do is complain about AC having recruits (which is not true). Why dont you stop being jealous because AC is having a successful season and worry about your own team. Im tired of listening to you complain. And, by the way im taking AC over Catholic 8-1. Good luck to both teams.