Coalfield?

bob367

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know enough. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I know more about coalfield. Rockwood is the favorite in the region because of the sticks they get back from last year...... Duncan has a cannon for an arm, but Rockwood lost probley one of the best players in the region last year. And you cannot replace what Willis did for that team. You can only hope for the other kids to step up and as a team work hard to patch the missing hole. Rockwood will be one of the top 3 teams, no doubt. Just depends on where they place.

Rockwood got beat in their first scrimmage yesterday 7-3 by a good meigs team.. rockwood threw duncan cooper skidmore mccreary wampler and colliet.. while meigs threw i think four pitchers.. two who could bring the heat. meigs scored all their runs in the third. other than that it was even the whole game..

Coalfield has a lot to prove!!! They were once a Class A power in the East. For the past 5 years they have been average at best. In their defense keeping a top baseball program running on 90 boys from a small high school is a challenge. They still have a lot of improving to do to get into the form that the program use to be. Their new coach Jason Wilson will do a great job. I think they are on the right track to getting back to a winning program.

QUOTE(KrazyKracka25 @ Mar 1 2007 - 07:03 PM) 826395616[/snapback]Rockwood has a great leader on their team in their catcher marcus whitaker. i dont know if coalfield has that type of leadership on their team. if they do please let me know

Brandon Davis, is that enough? I think so.

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Feb 28 2007 - 05:17 PM) 826393680[/snapback]There is a scrimmage scheduled Saturday 3-3-2007 at 3pm weather permitting. They will be playing the 1998 State Championship team in the yearly alumni scrimmage.

the game has been canceled on sat. due to rain!! i think they are going to try to play it on monday!!

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826396988[/snapback]Rain? There is no rain in the forcast for tomorrow. You guys are just afraid of the old men.

I'd say at Coalfield, along with many other 1A schools, after a deluge like last night, it takes a few days to get the feild back into playing condition.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ Mar 2 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826397210[/snapback]I'd say at Coalfield, along with many other 1A schools, after a deluge like last night, it takes a few days to get the feild back into playing condition.

Nah, the infield is now Bermuda grass with cut out base pads with red clay and Turf treatment. It drains well, and the sun has been out all day with a wind. That dries it pretty quickly. Then you have tomorrow with the same weather conditions and the game was scheduled late. It would have been ready today late, and for sure tomorrow. I've seen that field with a clay infield be dry and playable the next day after a "deluge" in the forty + years it has been in existence.

I just think they are scared of the old men. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />