Can anyone in 12A hang with Culleoka? Or anyone in 11A

ckc20

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ckc20 @ Feb 22 2007 - 12:21 AM) 826383862[/snapback]Right now, Cully is winning with sophmores and juniors. They are making a good run this year and I hope they keep winning. But what alot of people don't understand is that this is not even "The year". Next year is Cullys year. If they all stay together, I don't think there will be a team in the state to touch'em or shouldn't. It should be above the rim play all game. Guess we'll see.

Sorry to butt in on another region's thread,but when I read this I just had to let you in on something......Union City will be better next season...

Personally,I hope Cully keeps on winning...I want to see the Williams kid play....

QUOTE(mphstigerfan @ Feb 24 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826387868[/snapback]Tough draw for Mt. Pleasant having to face Columbia Central East High in the first round of the region tournament. But it was nice to see Mr. Football Marco Dailey outplay Mr. Basketball Demario Williams.

Look at the stats and it might appear that way...problem is Mt. Pleasant is a one-man show. DeMario doesn't look to take over unless its necessary. I only saw one other player for Mt. Pleasant even look to take a shot tonight. The rest of the time, the ball was in Marco's hands. Good job by Mt. Pleasant either way. The game was much closer than it might appear by the final score. Culleoka had to be about 30% from the free throw line tonight, which hurt them badly. DeMario's shooting was off a bit tonight also. Congrats to Cully on the win and congrats to Mt. Pleasant on a good season.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Feb 24 2007 - 09:50 PM) 826387882[/snapback]Sorry to butt in on another region's thread,but when I read this I just had to let you in on something......Union City will be better next season...

Personally,I hope Cully keeps on winning...I want to see the Williams kid play....

Yeah I would like to see union city play too! I like the idea of 5 in and 5 out. Sounds like some good coaching going on.

For those of you who thought I was putting down D. Williams I wasn't. He is a great ball player that has definitely earned his keep. Theres nothing speciall about him he's just quick with great hands, a good ball player. I mean there are things he needs to improve on but what player doesn't. What I was simply saying is that Cully can get beat on any given day by any given team whether he is on the court or not, and that was the answer to the question that was asked. The night they became district champs his defense and free throws were key other than that C.J. was hitting and so was the little guard and there other post. It was a team effort but why do yall hype this kid up like there is no one else on the team. Mr. Basketball or not there are four more players on the floor also. I would just like to see them get involved more offesively and defensively. And that comment is not directed towards how good or bad of a player D. Williams is but when you hype a player up and have everyone looking at them they are going to talk am I not right?

Cully is stopable to answer the question directly! They will go far but they have an off night against a team like they did against mt. pleasant their opponent will take control and capitalize on their mistakes. They are just like any other team the only difference is that they are finding ways to win their ball games and some of these teams either are at home or just fallen short. I still dont think that they will be hard to stop though. It's just a matter of time! But good luck to all the teams that are still in it especially Cully!!!

QUOTE(mphstigerfan @ Feb 24 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826387868[/snapback]Tough draw for Mt. Pleasant having to face Columbia Central East High in the first round of the region tournament. But it was nice to see Mr. Football Marco Dailey outplay Mr. Basketball Demario Williams.

I thought Marco outplayed him too. Williams was guarding Marco and he still got 24 points. Someone said that Marco is a one man show. If that's the case, why didn't you stop him? If no one else is going to shoot, why guard them? Face it, Marco was the better player!

QUOTE(coach1 @ Feb 25 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826388294[/snapback]I thought Marco outplayed him too. Williams was guarding Marco and he still got 24 points. Someone said that Marco is a one man show. If that's the case, why didn't you stop him? If no one else is going to shoot, why guard them? Face it, Marco was the better player!

DeMario wasn't guarding Marco the whole game. Sure, Marco scored more points, but Cully made some defensive adjustments at the half and slowed him down the rest of the game. No doubt Marco is a great athelete and had a good game. I just feel that if he would have involved his teammates more that Mt. Pleasant could have pulled the upset last night, since Cully wasn't playing its best.