Tri-County Seven - 18 February, 2007

krichunaka

Congratulations to the Ladies - Cyclones and Blue Devils - for reaching the Regional Semi-Finals. Michaela Pietrowski's double-doube, 17 points and 13 rebounds led Elizabethton. Victoria Hopson scored 13 points and grabbed 6 rebounds; Marti Bush - 7 points and 6 rebounds; Brianne Gouge - 4 points; Kelli Culler 11; Jasmine Treadway - 4; Kyla Jones 2 points.

The Lady Cyclones play Unicoi County, Monday, for the fourth time this season. Alicia Engle went off for 19 points - FIVE THREES!; Payge Barnett, 11 points; Alisha Mainer and Lynz Canady each had 6; Katie Anders 3; Kasey Banks - 2; Ali Gardner - 4; Jennifer Edwards - 8.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclones vs Devils-Round 4. It will be a battle monday night for sure. Should be interesting to see how the foul situation goes with officials from another region. I must say that the ones we got last night at Gatlinburg Pittman were good--they called it both ways and while they did let them play, they kept the game under control at all times.

Hey Krich, who's driving the stoney creek mafia to hancock tonight!?!?!

I'm sorry, but a keyboard malfunction kept me from posting last night.

Crazzyness, I agree that Unaka's win wasn't very pretty, but there are a few good reasons:

1) Nearly every Lady Ranger was sick.

2) Hancock County has a Great Coach. Dean Ramsey continued to do things to keep his young and very athletic team in the game. Like Unaka, Hancock County will graduate only one player.

The matchup between 5' 10 sophomores Alyssa Maloney and Kayla Winters was tremendous; Winters was held scoreless in the first half, but responded with 12 second half points. Sallee Taylor scored 8 points; Natalie Johnson scored 7 points and performed gallantly against the Lady Indians' fourth quarter defensive pressure. Chelsea Anderson scored two and played good defense; Andrea Lewis, Brittany Scott and Kaleigh Elsea each hit one of Unaka's five threes; Taylor had the other two.

The Unicoi County - Elizabethton game is right across the parking lot from where the Washburn - Unaka game will be played. I think Cloudland - North Greene and EHS - UCHS both play at Six O:Clock.