Tri-County Seven - 18 February, 2007

krichunaka

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 22 2007 - 09:59 AM) 826384271[/snapback]krich,does a win in the district mean enough that Unicoi should be ranked #1 over Elizabethton?Remember,Eliz beat them both regular season games meaning 2 wins vs 1 loss.I dont think youre being very fair to our kids,show them some love!

I felt it fair to declare the Lady Cyclones regular season champs, and start over, considering Only tournament games. Unicoi County defeated two very good teams - Elizabethton and South Greene - that swept them in regular season; quite an accomplishment; then they doubled up on their first round opponent, West Greene. Meanwhile, the Lady Cyclones, and they know this, didn't play well in the District Tournament. They played with intensity against Johnson County, but the execution was not so good. Then they were beaten by the Lady Blue Devils, and I'm told they played Average against the Lady Warriors. They're much better, even with Mariah's injury, than those performances suggest. The Lady Cyclones will be challenged in the first round, and if they win in Gatlinburg, the Lady Rebels, provided they win in round one, will be a very tough draw.

Elizabethton has four seasoned Seniors, and four improving juniors, and I expect they'll play a great game in Gatlinburg.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krich: The Region 1AA brackets look like this:

Winner of GP/Eliz vs winner of Unicoi/Rutledge

and other semi is

Winner of South Greene/Pigeon Forge vs winner of Claiborne/Happy Valley

EHS and the Lady Rebels can only meet in the regional final. If the Lady Cyclones can beat Pittman, they likely will

get Unicoi in the semis. Its tournament time and anything can happen!

Go Lady Cyclones!!

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ Feb 22 2007 - 04:11 PM) 826384741[/snapback]Krich: The Region 1AA brackets look like this:

Winner of GP/Eliz vs winner of Unicoi/Rutledge

and other semi is

Winner of South Greene/Pigeon Forge vs winner of Claiborne/Happy Valley

EHS and the Lady Rebels can only meet in the regional final. If the Lady Cyclones can beat Pittman, they likely will

get Unicoi in the semis. Its tournament time and anything can happen!

Go Lady Cyclones!!

CycloneFan, Thanks for clarifying. I tend to forget that the Regions allow the Number Fours to miss their own District's Number One, provided you can beat the other district's Number One, or something like that.

QUOTE(#12fan @ Feb 22 2007 - 05:47 PM) 826384835[/snapback]Krich,

I know I'm getting off of the subject of girls basketball for just a second but I've enjoyed this thread a lot this year. I hope you'll do the Tri County Seven in softball also since you know I'm a softball fanatic. Either way, I've enjoyed it this year - Thanks.

#12fan, I appreciate your generous words. For the past three seasons, CycloneFan, GLee, and the guy who took his family out west, but left his heart in Elizabethton, Coachh17, have kept this Seven thang working. And there are others, The Highlander, screenandroll, Sportiemom, coachtcyclone, #1Landerfan, bouncepass, Starman . . . . But, ultimately, Coach Thompson is the driving force. He affords us the opportunity to present a Positive example of our very deserving Ladies.

I hope to do a Tri-County Seven Softball poll. The Lady Blue Devils return nearly entact, having graduated their All-State shortstop. Speaking of All-Staters, Ryann Musick, Megan Heaton, Katie Hubbard and Emily Bennett are all making the adjustment to the college game with remarkable success. We're very proud of them.

Raiderray, Your Erwin Ladies have played well this season. Alisha Mainer is still one of the premier post players in East Tennessee, and Payge Barnett still has the sweetest jumper around. I cannot imagine either of them not being offered numerous scholarships next season.

Unicoi County hasn't been quite as dominant in recent years, primarily because of the tremendous run the Lady Cyclones are making. Cloudland and Unaka broke through against the Unicoi County a couple seasons back, and both teams split with the Lady Blue Devils last season. I think the season-ending victory over the Lady Highlanders began the recent surge. Good luck tonight.

QUOTE(hoopsters @ Feb 23 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826386723[/snapback]My bad . . . it will be Washburn instead of Wartburg on Monday night at Chuckey-Doak (not sure what time).

Winners were Unaka, Cloudland, North Greene by three, and Washburn by 2.... Unaka didn't deserve to win tonight. That was awful... But survival is the name of the game this time of year. But if they play like that again, they will be sitting at the house.