Dobyns Bennett and District 1 AAA Playoffs

DBGRAD70

I don't see a thread on this topic but I thought there should be one.

Monday night Dobyns Bennett faces Volunteer for the 3rd time this year. DB beat Volunteer in both of there previous meetings. It is very hard to beat a good team 3 times in one season. Volunteer is 20-10 for the season vs. Dobyns Bennett's 21-7. Not a whole lot of difference. Yes, we know that DB has really come on strong the later part of the season but can DB beat them again?

What about Tennessee High and Science Hill. They split the 2 meetings with Tennessee High but Science Hill is similar to Volunteer. If DB were to get past Volunteer, could they beat Science Hill again?

Is DB ready for the playoffs? It's been a long time since they last played. Will the other teams have their playing legs since they have played more recently. Will that be to DB's disadvantage?

Honestly I would love to see DB win the whole thing. They have had alot of progress as a team throughout the season and I think they truely work together as a team should. I think their seniors Sensabaugh, Throp and Blackwell deserve it this season. Beating a team 3 times is tough, but I think the Tribe will come up with the hard fought win. Good luck.

QUOTE(rolltriberoll @ Feb 19 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826379994[/snapback]I also think the lay-off hurt, but I will take the win.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Hope they have the frost off their shooting fingers. They'll have to in order to beat TN High on their own court. Judging by the TN/SH game tonite, TN High wants it. No spring thaw, no win. If DB comes in hot like in some recent games (ie. Science Hill game), DB will take it by 20.

Coach Morgan put together a great defensive plan the last time they took on THS and I'm sure they will try to repeat that same plan. The Viking's coaching staff will have their work cut out for them to counter that plan, and I'm sure that will be the focus for them in their practices leading into Wednesday's Championship game. So don't count on slipping past the Vikings so easily this time. Sylvester had his best performance to date in the last game and that was key in their last victory over the Vikings. The problem with DB is that if you key on shutting down one player on this years team they have two or three others that can and will step up. Should be a great game, but either way it goes District 1 will be well represented in the Regional tournament with the four remaining teams!

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:34 AM) 826380590[/snapback]Congrats to both D/B and Tn. High. Great game by both teams. The championship should be a great game. I'm sure D/B players will have to soak in ice all day tomorrow after playing Volunteer.

I was wondering if Volunteer was going to kick a field goal to tie it near the end of the game since they thought they were playing football. I hope there is nothing serious for the Tribe because they were getting knocked to the ground all game...I guess that's basketball

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:41 AM) 826380468[/snapback]Coach Morgan put together a great defensive plan the last time they took on THS and I'm sure they will try to repeat that same plan. The Viking's coaching staff will have their work cut out for them to counter that plan, and I'm sure that will be the focus for them in their practices leading into Wednesday's Championship game. So don't count on slipping past the Vikings so easily this time. Sylvester had his best performance to date in the last game and that was key in their last victory over the Vikings. The problem with DB is that if you key on shutting down one player on this years team they have two or three others that can and will step up. Should be a great game, but either way it goes District 1 will be well represented in the Regional tournament with the four remaining teams!

It was never my impression that Morgan thinks "in the box". I'm looking for a slightly modified game plan. I hope TN does assume the plan will be the same.

It will be a great game. TN High is a great team and in several ways DB and TN High are alike - the trait you mention above - others stepping up. I wouldn't miss it.