District 9 Championship

ThePenguin

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake, CPA has a lot of weapons on the floor and is on a roll just making the top 10 this weekend. On the season--Hunter Miller...over 90-3s and to many assists to mention, David Anderson....almost 60-3s and over 50 drawn charging fouls, Kyle Reeves...30-3s and a great passer, a very speedy senior and great defender in Ryan Burgett and at 6'6" (a potential Div. 1 recruit) Z Mason who is just plain difficult to stop in the paint and can shoot from anywhere as well as the free throw line.

Granted, MLK's Gerald Robinson is a great player and fun to watch but it may very well take more than that to beat CPA tonight. MLK and CPA both have great coaches. Should be a really good game and will go to the team who makes the fewest mistakes and plays defense.

QUOTE(Gimmetheball @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:50 AM) 826381032[/snapback]Make no mistake, CPA has a lot of weapons on the floor and is on a roll just making the top 10 this weekend. On the season--Hunter Miller...over 90-3s and to many assists to mention, David Anderson....almost 60-3s and over 50 drawn charging fouls, Kyle Reeves...30-3s and a great passer, a very speedy senior and great defender in Ryan Burgett and at 6'6" (a potential Div. 1 recruit) Z Mason who is just plain difficult to stop in the paint and can shoot from anywhere as well as the free throw line.

Granted, MLK's Gerald Robinson is a great player and fun to watch but it may very well take more than that to beat CPA tonight. MLK and CPA both have great coaches. Should be a really good game and will go to the team who makes the fewest mistakes and plays defense.

Wow! Must be nice to get a D-1 recruit playing for ya the next 2 years. Unless he needs to go back to Davidson Academy for a semester.

QUOTE(aauboy @ Feb 20 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826381069[/snapback]Wow! Must be nice to get a D-1 recruit playing for ya the next 2 years. Unless he needs to go back to Davidson Academy for a semester.

Pathetic!

Any high school can have a D1 recruit. CPA may have more than just Z. You never know. Fact is, Z still has to show that he can play at that level. He'll have to work and grow. It's just to soon to say as a sophmore. Oh and by the way...it is nice to have a great guy like Z at the school. He made a huge mistake last year and paid a big time price for it. What else would you like see? He's a team player that makes everyone around him better.

D-1 recruits are overrated. Look at the MLK team 2 years ago that lost by 2 to Bolivar in the semis at state without a single D1 recruit (unless you count gerald who was a sophomore and 3rd string pg at the time and didnt get much playing time over lee and hopkins) while bolivar had chism and both kemps and i dont remember if rhodes was getting playing time his freshman year but if he was that makes 4 D1 recruits at least

AUUBOY you are a pathetic....this topic is about MLK and CPA not a players past mistakes...chances are you havent even said a word to Z in you life...you dont know him......so why dont you just shut your mouth and if you not going to post about the game DONT post at all....

i got cpa by five in a great game

Pearl beat Lipscomb by 22 last night..... and tonight CPA lost by 6 to MLK in a great game!! it was back and forth the whole game until finally MLK got a 3 point lead with 3 minutes to go and the ball. Gerald took the ball and just literally dribbled around for 2 minutes!! some pretty good coaching i thought! CPA didnt want to foul and they just wasted clock! finally CPA got it and missed.....the key though was that CPA started fouling and MLK hit almost EVERYTHING!!!! RIght at CPA's crowd! Very impressive!! Good luck to both teams in region!!

Guest bballmom10

Way to go MLK! You guys really played tough in a very hostile environment. You would never know this game was on "neutral ground". Robinson spends a lot of time showboating but he can play and the other members of the team hustle like crazy. Not a lazy one in the bunch. That's nice to see. I like #24-don't know his name. Every time I have watched him play he has given it his all. My team wasn't in the final, but I am glad I stayed to watch this one. A great game!