Programs on the rise!

rigger101

One program on the rise is out in memphis, St. Benedict, they have a coach from Virginia that is very passionate about wrestling and know a great deal in the granby system. I know personally he was a very talented wrestler in College and from what I seen at the state tournament, he eventually will start to become a power in D2. Hopefully he will be able to start knocking off some of the top dogs from C-town. Good luck in the future Coach Young

Kurtz is not a Granby Systems product, and unfortunately his lack of regard for a SBA wrestling past will ultimately be his demise. He has run two wrestling alumni into a strong Wave Club program, and rumor has it he is working on cutting his feeder program out completely. This is what happens when a schools AD knows little about athletics... Teamwork, Pride, Excellence, Catch the Wave...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ensworth

Yep they are coming on strong like their football.Easy to become Buck Roger's with the bucks$$$$$ /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Kurtz is not a Granby Systems product, and unfortunately his lack of regard for a SBA wrestling past will ultimately be his demise. He has run two wrestling alumni into a strong Wave Club program, and rumor has it he is working on cutting his feeder program out completely. This is what happens when a schools AD knows little about athletics... Teamwork, Pride, Excellence, Catch the Wave...

Wow, something negative from a one time poster. What a shock! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to just mention Seymour went to the Jefferson County Tournament this weekend. They brought every member of there squad. Not only did they fill an entire team their self, but they also lent out their junior varsity to other teams. Seymour went on to win the tournament (championship match vs Morristown West like 70-6; with MW's only win in the 135 vs a seymour first year wrestler).

Seymour has amazing depth and talent, that is not only building their team but also helping strengthen surrounding schools.

(aka Pigeon Forge)

2 years ago they placed Third at State Duals

Last year finished 2nd.

So they still have alot to learn but from what Ive been seeing they should already have a name for themself.

It just seems their always outshined by someone else.

Another team that will be awesome in a year or two is Dickson. There are several middle school kids that will be in high school next year. Give Dickson 2 years they will DOMINATE!! Nobody ever talks about Dickson (middled school or high school). I don't know if people haven't seen them wrestle or if they don't care because they aren't as popular as other schools. Whatever the case may be take my word for it they are on the rise! Tell me what you think.

I'd like to just mention Seymour went to the Jefferson County Tournament this weekend. They brought every member of there squad. Not only did they fill an entire team their self, but they also lent out their junior varsity to other teams. Seymour went on to win the tournament (championship match vs Morristown West like 70-6; with MW's only win in the 135 vs a seymour first year wrestler).

Seymour has amazing depth and talent, that is not only building their team but also helping strengthen surrounding schools.

(aka Pigeon Forge)

2 years ago they placed Third at State Duals

Last year finished 2nd.

So they still have alot to learn but from what Ive been seeing they should already have a name for themself.

It just seems their always outshined by someone else.

Not sure that Seymour brought every member of there team. You gotta remember- Big T-MAC should have been at 135 this weekend. Lol.. Not that it would have made a difference though, but maybe.

Not sure that Seymour brought every member of there team. You gotta remember- Big T-MAC should have been at 135 this weekend. Lol.. Not that it would have made a difference though, but maybe. I been out with a bad case of mono.

We have an amazing group of kids on the team this year. Its a shame to think how many we have in the room that could also be making an impact at regions, but can't even make the varsity line-up.

Seymour has been building this machine for years through their AAU program.

Way to build a program Rusty!

Lol, sorry... I didnt forget about "Big T-MAC" but i did forget to say besides the sick and the injuryed.

Which, McCroskey did make it clear no one better drink after each other bc no one else is getting sick.

But I am sorry again... we did have quite a number of kids there... but i guess I forgot about the most important one.... Lol, (it comes with getting old).

Anyway... I hope to see y'all wrestle again soon, but until I can make it out to one... get well matbrat.