Old School Champions

cbg

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 19 2007 - 05:21 PM) 826379570[/snapback]If both D1 & D2 were combined who would win and how would they win.

103 Jeremy Miller (8th Greenback) vs Daniel Baucke (9th CBHS)

112 Josh Jadoobirsingh (11th Cleveland) vs Bailey Whitacker (12th Baylor)

119 Demetrius Johnson (12th Brighton) vs T.J. Duncan (8th McCallie)

125 David Graham (10th Bradley) vs John Michael Simspson (12th MBA)

130 Tanner Johnson (12th Bradley) vs Ben Johnson (12 Baylor)

135 Ulric Winesburgh (12th Soddy) vs Will Young (12th McCallie)

140 Dean Pavlon (11th Bradley) vs Mike Bell (12th Baylor)

145 Kelly Felix (12th Franklin) vs Josh Baucke (12th CBHS)

152 Justin Spain (12th Bradley) vs Reed Doster (12th Baylor)

160 Brandon Wright (12th Houston) vs Daniel Wadell (12th Baylor)

171 Jake Young (10th Ool) vs Aaron Bateman (12th Father Ryan)

189 Tyler Roberson (12th Soddy) vs Darius Williams (12th CBHS)

215 Matt Lettner (12th Soddy) vs Ben Bartholomew (11th MBA)

HW Cody Sliger (11th Ool) vs Zach Herman (11th Father Ryan)

My Picks: D2 25 D1 19

Baucke (D2 dec)

Jadoobirsingh (D1 dec)

Johnson (D1 dec)

Simpson (D2 dec)

Ben Johnson (D2 dec)

Young (D2 dec)

Bell (D2 dec)

Felix (D1 decision)

Spain (D1 dec)

Wadell (D2 3rd OT rideout)

Bateman (D2 major decision)

Roberson (D1 major decision)

Lettner (D1 dec)

Herman (D2 dec)

IMO, the 160#, 103# & HW matches are a tossups and could be won by either wrestler. I don't see any pins unless it is Roberson or Bateman.

103-Miller(D1 dec)

112-Jadoobirsingh(D1 dec)

119-Johnson(D1 major)

125-Simpson(D2 major)

130-Ben Johnson(D2 major)

135-Winesburg(D1 dec)

140-Bell(D2 dec)

145-Felix(D1 major)

152-Spain(D1 dec)

160-Wadell(D2 dec)

171-Young(D1 dec)

189-Roberson(D1 major)

215-Lettner(D1 dec)

285-Silger(D1 dec)

Final Score- D1-33 D2-14

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cbg @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826380680[/snapback]Did Bateman not loose to Williams in the Father Ryan finals after only being in the practice room for one (1) week due to eye surgery?

I believe Bateman had missed most of the season when he wrestled Williams in the finals of Father Ryan. I guess you can take what you want from that. I think the score was 4-0, so people can decide on their own if two more months of wrestling would make up at least 4 points for Bateman. I personally am a facts man, so I can't make the stretch. I think Bateman scores a reversal this time, but Williams still wins by 2. If you like Bateman, you can easily argue that he is much better now than he was a Ryan, but it's hard to prove. Again, we won't have the pleasure of finding out.

QUOTE(Taxman @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826380044[/snapback]I agree with all but the 160lb class. I am a DII guy, but, Wright would beat Wadell, in my opinion. Not that it counts really, but I think Wright beat Waddell fairly easily when they last wrestled. I am a big fan of Waddell's and think he is one of the better wrestlers in the state. The 160lb class was just brutal this year. Wright, Waddell, Creagan and Tolbert are all state champs in any other year. I may have second thoughts on the 189lb class also. Williams and Roberson would be a heck of a match. Williams wrestles all year long, too.

I saw the match between Wright and Wadell at the freestyle state tournament, but not at the Best of the Best. Wadell had two or three takedowns to Wright's zero. Wright just won on pushouts. As for the other match I have no idea what happenned. I know Wright is very good, but I would put my money on wadell in a folk style match. As far as common opponents, Wadell beat Tolbert by 13 then by 3 two days later, and wright beat him by 1. I know there is no transitive property of wrestling, but but there is not much to go on.

QUOTE(best_of_the_west @ Feb 21 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826382931[/snapback]I believe Bateman had missed most of the season when he wrestled Williams in the finals of Father Ryan. I guess you can take what you want from that. I think the score was 4-0, so people can decide on their own if two more months of wrestling would make up at least 4 points for Bateman. I personally am a facts man, so I can't make the stretch. I think Bateman scores a reversal this time, but Williams still wins by 2. If you like Bateman, you can easily argue that he is much better now than he was a Ryan, but it's hard to prove. Again, we won't have the pleasure of finding out.

What I am saying is if a kid has only been in the practice room for one week (5 or 6 days) and they were limited to only riding a bike before that I don't think for one minute that they would be in wrestling condition. Two months makes a big difference in conditioning but it was probably more like a 6 week season for Bateman. I heard that he was not released to practice until the Friday before the Ryan Invitational.

QUOTE(cobrakid8 @ Feb 20 2007 - 05:22 PM) 826381586[/snapback]i still would think he would school Bauke. Yes they wrestled earlier this year. But I just have to think Felix got better than Bauke did. He wrestled much better competition throughout the year compared to CBHS. And thats no offense to CBHS but they did not wrestle the same competition as Felix and Franklin did. Plus he had better competition in D1 than Bauke did but Bauke only won 5-3 over Harding Academy kid and 9-3 over a good Miller. Where as Felix even though people ran from him pin, pin, tech, pin, pin.

Also I just watched another replay of the finals at Father Ryan but this time would be different. For a 2-1 match Felix was in control the whole time.

These two also wrestled in freestyle last summer with Kelly winning two close matches. In the second match they were tied with 15 second left and Felix scored on a bad shot. This has been a close match every time it has been wrestled back to 6th grade.

Best of luck to Kelly in college!!! He has had a great high school career.

O.K so maybe it would be close but I think at no time would Felix be in trouble of getting beat. Sorry, but watch that match again Kelly was in control the whole time. First period all Bauke done was try to underhook Felix to keep him away. Kelly rode him the whole second period and reversed the third whileBauke was on top. Bauke escaped, that was it. Theres one thing about keeping a match close most good wrestlers can do that but beating an opponent is a whole different story. Sorry but after watching both the finals at Father Ryan against Felix and him during the state tournament I think he is so aware of what Felix does that he stays away from it to keep the match close and hopes Felix screws up for him to beat Kelly. So maybe I retract he would school Bauke but it would be a match of defense for Bauke vs. if Felix can get past that defense.