Questions for Bradley C and Christian Bros

Double Trouble

QUOTE(TurkeyBar @ Feb 20 2007 - 08:10 PM) 826381778[/snapback]If you are really serious about wanting Bradley to wrestle Baylor and McCallie then why not do away with financial aid on the D2 side. Then Baylor and McCallie could have the kids who are zoned for their school enroll and join the wrestling team and you would truly have a public school team. It would appear to me that Baylor and McCallie may not want this match to happen as much as they let on because then they would not have financial aid to acquire the athletes that they desire. Just a thought.

TurkeyBar,

Good post, however, take it one step further. Not only stop financial aid at Baylor and McCallie, stop it at Bradley. Last time I checked, the students were not charged a tuition to cover the cost of their education. Our tax dollars pay for it. Also, some students are offered transportation, ie the bus, free meals for those who can't afford. What type of financial aid would you call this? Also, remember, Bradley had a wrestler from Red Bank who transferred to Bradley after wrestling for Red Bank in the state his freshman year. I believe the parent moved to Bradley in order to get him in. As for zoning, this is a crock. You can attend a public school out of zone and state you need to take a class at that particular school that is not offered at the school you are zoned for. This occurs more than you know. Ask Courtney Coffee and ask many of the wrestlers from the Overton team that won the state a few years ago. Most of their team was not zoned for Overton.

All students attending public schools are getting financial aid because they are not paying the cost of their education!

Tuition at Baylor and McCallie is $30,000+ for boarding students. This makes the cost of tuition at Notre Dame a bargain. What is the cost of tuition at Bradley, Red Bank, Hixson, etc?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Feb 21 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826382413[/snapback]TurkeyBar,

Good post, however, take it one step further. Not only stop financial aid at Baylor and McCallie, stop it at Bradley. Last time I checked, the students were not charged a tuition to cover the cost of their education. Our tax dollars pay for it. Also, some students are offered transportation, ie the bus, free meals for those who can't afford. What type of financial aid would you call this? Also, remember, Bradley had a wrestler from Red Bank who transferred to Bradley after wrestling for Red Bank in the state his freshman year. I believe the parent moved to Bradley in order to get him in. As for zoning, this is a crock. You can attend a public school out of zone and state you need to take a class at that particular school that is not offered at the school you are zoned for. This occurs more than you know. Ask Courtney Coffee and ask many of the wrestlers from the Overton team that won the state a few years ago. Most of their team was not zoned for Overton.

All students attending public schools are getting financial aid because they are not paying the cost of their education!

Tuition at Baylor and McCallie is $30,000+ for boarding students. This makes the cost of tuition at Notre Dame a bargain. What is the cost of tuition at Bradley, Red Bank, Hixson, etc?

Now that is just plain funny......

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:51 AM) 826382413[/snapback]TurkeyBar,

Hoosierdad- what are you talking about? I didn't know you had to pay tuition at Bradley or Red Bank. When did they start paying tuition. Are you talking about the kids who are out of zone and attend Bradley? Because, I do believe they are required to pay some kind of tuition for this.

Last time I checked, you could attend a city or county school if you lived in the city (Cleveland) because you pay both city and county taxes. If you live in the county and want to attend a city school there is a fee. You must provide your own transportation if you go to a school out of your zone.

QUOTE(papbear3 @ Feb 19 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826380250[/snapback]3 – Have you ever been told by a wrestler from another school after he has lost, “F*** you and your school.”? I have, and other mumbled niceties over 17 years. Why put the kid and the coach in that situation?

5 – It is completely unsanitary. The kid has been sweating, adjusting himself, wiping his nose and mouth during the match, and then he wants to shake my hand.

concerning number 3, you teach high school so i guess you don't need to hear it after hours too. and besides, if you think it's bad for you, what do you think the leader o' the dark side at the mustang ranch hears? though, if truth be known, he probably gives as good as he gets.

concerning number 5, i thought you beared a striking resemblance to the dude on the usa network show, monk.

my parting shot for the season.

here's where i insert that peace out thing you guys do............

QUOTE(usfjim @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826382486[/snapback]concerning number 3, you teach high school so i guess you don't need to hear it after hours too. and besides, if you think it's bad for you, what do you think the leader o' the dark side at the mustang ranch hears? though, if truth be known, he probably gives as good as he gets.

concerning number 5, i thought you beared a striking resemblance to the dude on the usa network show, monk.

my parting shot for the season.

here's where i insert that peace out thing you guys do............

Haha, Chris Lewis = Adrian Monk. That is absolute classic usfjim!

QUOTE(hoosierdad @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826382413[/snapback]TurkeyBar,

One big difference is that Private schools can elect not to let you attend for no reason at all thus the term PRIVATE. Public schools have to have a reason . And didn't a Baylor football player just last year leave and return to a Bradley county school to graduate with his friends?

QUOTE(papbear3 @ Feb 21 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826382688[/snapback]I enjoy Monk, have season one on dvd. I can see the resembance.

I definitely like Monk as well but have been really liking Psych lately as well. Oh not to mention House which I own the first season of.

Many friends say I bear a resemblance to both Monk and House as well.

I would say that there are two options when it comes to shaking hands that would keep it from being unsportsmanlike most of the time. Coach Lewis has already explained that his team does not shake hands. The other option was somewhat described by Bayou Bear. If the kid chooses to shake the opposing coach's hand, he could be allowed to. This way, the kids that want to do it will be able to. The problems arise when kids are forced to do it. Either way, is it really a sign of respect when the losing wrestler starts to run off the mat, and his coach has to grab him and send him back to shake the other coach's hand? It's a good tradition, but let's face it, false respect is not really respect, and I doubt any coach would feel disrespected if an angry kid didn't come shake his hand. It should be the kid's choice to shake hands with the coach, but that wouldn't really be a rule, so if you had to make a rule about it, I'd say just save it for after the match. The opposing coach will appreciate it then too.