Congrats to Mt. Juliet

crimsontide43

What a game last night. A shot at the buzzer to send it into overtime, then a dominating OT by the Bears. Central did a great job on defense but MJ turned it on in the 4th quarter. After losing the most talent last year and finishing runner up, they came back win their first championship. Bad news for the rest of Middle Tennessee, I saw 3 7th graders on the floor in OT. Congrats to the Golden Bears and Coach Rockingsox.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(crimsontide43 @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826380774[/snapback]What a game last night. A shot at the buzzer to send it into overtime, then a dominating OT by the Bears. Central did a great job on defense but MJ turned it on in the 4th quarter. After losing the most talent last year and finishing runner up, they came back win their first championship. Bad news for the rest of Middle Tennessee, I saw 3 7th graders on the floor in OT. Congrats to the Golden Bears and Coach Rockingsox.

First of all let me say congrats to MT. Juliet you had a great season. Secondly I want to say Congrats to Central you shocked a lot of people by making it to the state finals.

secondly I woldnt go as far to say that Mt. Juliet lost the most talent did you see the Blackman team they lost to last year two of those kids are starting varsity another was actually playing significant minutes on varsity another averaged almost 20 game during the freshman and jv seasons, That is a lot of talent lost.

lastly before you start warining everyone about next year let me give you a heads up about what Blackman is returning. Their leading scorer from this year willbe back their 6th man will be back they have a 6th grade point guard who wis probably better than their starting point guard who was not bad himself plus another kid from the jv squad who averaged almost 20 a game, so dont get too excited and start predicting a repeat just yet

QUOTE(crimsontide43 @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826380774[/snapback]What a game last night. A shot at the buzzer to send it into overtime, then a dominating OT by the Bears. Central did a great job on defense but MJ turned it on in the 4th quarter. After losing the most talent last year and finishing runner up, they came back win their first championship. Bad news for the rest of Middle Tennessee, I saw 3 7th graders on the floor in OT. Congrats to the Golden Bears and Coach Rockingsox.

Congrats to Mt. Juliet!

Many of us are wondering how you come up with who lost more talent last year? Just wondering.

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826380866[/snapback]First of all let me say congrats to MT. Juliet you had a great season. Secondly I want to say Congrats to Central you shocked a lot of people by making it to the state finals.

secondly I woldnt go as far to say that Mt. Juliet lost the most talent did you see the Blackman team they lost to last year two of those kids are starting varsity another was actually playing significant minutes on varsity another averaged almost 20 game during the freshman and jv seasons, That is a lot of talent lost.

lastly before you start warining everyone about next year let me give you a heads up about what Blackman is returning. Their leading scorer from this year willbe back their 6th man will be back they have a 6th grade point guard who wis probably better than their starting point guard who was not bad himself plus another kid from the jv squad who averaged almost 20 a game, so dont get too excited and start predicting a repeat just yet

He makes an effort every time he talks about this years team to mention they are the team that lost the most talent. He brings this upon himself. If he would just leave it at congratulating Mt. Juliet on an incredible season then it would be fine but he has to find some way to mention they lost the most talent every time he posts. What he fails to understands is that there are many teams in the mid-state that have much talent and some of those teams don't get seen in the State Sectional because they are not part of the TMSSAA. This poster can think that Mt. juliet lost the most talent last year all he wants. Lots of people get a laugh out of that one including me!

CONGRATS TO THE BEARS! WELL DESERVED!

QUOTE(crimsontide43 @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826381373[/snapback]Most people want to say Blackman lost the most talent and that is a laugh. MJ freshmen, one loss district champions.

Since you keep making that point, your most talented team walked away last year without a sectional title but they were the better team and most talented? Guess it was the coaches fault or referees fault, right?

Great job your freshman boys have won a district title. While they were busy doing that 4 out 5 Blackman starters from last year 8th grade sectional championship team (That did not play freshman) has started and/or received ample playing time to help lead Blackman to a second place finish in the district.

Seems like both are doing just fine in my opinion! So whats your point! So since Mt. juliet lost the most talent in the mid-state in your opinion then I guess teams like David Lipscomb, MBA, Brentwood had less talent?

QUOTE(Flame123 @ Feb 20 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826381743[/snapback]Most of of the other people are smart on this board and realize that there many other teams in the mid-state that don't aprticipate in TMSAA sectional that have just as much talent!

Since you keep making that point, your most talented team walk away last year without a sectional title! Guess it was the coaches fault or referees fault!

Great job you freshamn boys have won a district title. 4 out 5 Blackman starters from a year ago are to busy starting or receiving ample playing time on varsity and did not participate at the freshman level.

Whats your point, moron!

I agree, Blackman lost much more in terms of instant varsity talent than MJ. Sometimes it's more about the competition than the circumstances. Not to point the finger, but Blackman had the game won last night and lost it more than MJ winning it. Last years MJ team was just the opposite, shoulda won, and couldn't close the deal. I don't think either team was well coached last night, neither seemed to have much control of the game. A long distance prayer from the mj guard, and the game was over in ot.

QUOTE(Dellaball @ Feb 20 2007 - 08:32 PM) 826381798[/snapback]I agree, Blackman lost much more in terms of instant varsity talent than MJ. Sometimes it's more about the competition than the circumstances. Not to point the finger, but Blackman had the game won last night and lost it more than MJ winning it. Last years MJ team was just the opposite, shoulda won, and couldn't close the deal. I don't think either team was well coached last night, neither seemed to have much control of the game. A long distance prayer from the mj guard, and the game was over in ot.

Last year: Could of, would of, should of! Bottom line it doesn't it really matter when we all know that everybody has their own opinion about talent and team concept. However, to beat it over and over just to get a rise out of people like Crimson does just gets old but yet again I don't have to read his post either, do I. I guess it is partly my fault for reading his silly thought process!

I don't mean to single out your last post but Blackman did not play Mt. Juliet last night in the sectional finals. Central Tigers did!

QUOTE(crimsontide43 @ Feb 21 2007 - 02:21 PM) 826383073[/snapback]Della lost all credibility when she said Blackman was in this year's finals. Lets just all agree that both teams last year were loaded. I was not trying to diss Blackman.

Not sure how the flames were mistaken to be in the finals but I am sure it was an honest mistake.

I agree with you that both teams were loaded and I look forward to seeing both teams succeed!

QUOTE(Flame123 @ Feb 21 2007 - 07:34 PM) 826383384[/snapback]Not sure how the flames were mistaken to be in the finals but I am sure it was an honest mistake.

I agree with you that both teams were loaded and I look forward to seeing both teams succeed!

It's been a while since I've had a chance to check the boards, and as usual, crimsontide takes a stand promoting himself and his staff. I didn't post to gain your approval, nor does anything you post damage my credibility. I made reference to last year's Mt.Juliet game with Blackman to illustrate the talent level they faced. I know the teams weren't involved this year, the Blackman team is playing varsity basketball, I merely noted the situation. Had this years team played last years schedule, they would not have made the state tournament at all. Mt.Juliet had a decent squad, but nothing like last year. Not even close. They merely played a very weak schedule. I saw all the home games, and most all the boys teams I saw them play in that gym were weak. WJB was probably the strongest team they played and their team was decimated with injury to the post game. Still took a clock error by MJuliet to win that one at home. Just not impressed with the mj team. Maybe a better, more disciplined approach would not have swayed my opinion. I just know,as a mother, and according to my friends and their parents, the boys might have been prouder of their involvement as well.