Anderson Co. vs Catholic

JACKETDAD

I really thought AC and Catholic would be a pretty good game last night, however, it turned into a blowout. Does anyone know why Whitney Elliott wasnt playing for AC? I was somewhat impressed with the improvement AC has made since the beginning of the season, they played well against Kingston and pulled an impressive upset out against CAK. After watching them against Catholic last night, its apparent that Whitney Elliott is very much an impact player. AC looked as bad as Kingston. They really dont have much without her.

QUOTE(JACKETDAD @ Feb 20 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826380803[/snapback]I really thought AC and Catholic would be a pretty good game last night, however, it turned into a blowout. Does anyone know why Whitney Elliott wasnt playing for AC? I was somewhat impressed with the improvement AC has made since the beginning of the season, they played well against Kingston and pulled an impressive upset out against CAK. After watching them against Catholic last night, its apparent that Whitney Elliott is very much an impact player. AC looked as bad as Kingston. They really dont have much without her.

What about Catholic's improvement? It's obvious you didn't see Catholic's game with Loudon. They were a phantom foul call away from overtime. Elliot is a really good player for AC and she was having a great tournament run, but, is she a 35 point difference maker? I heard she was sick.

I agree with ScottA11, The lady Irish have improved tremendously! Also I believe that they are a young team. I would really like to see them get a scoring post player to go with their guards. Coach Cool has done a good job and no matter what happens vesus Seymour they should have alot of momentum to build on going into next year.

QUOTE(ScottA11 @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826380847[/snapback]What about Catholic's improvement? It's obvious you didn't see Catholic's game with Loudon. They were a phantom foul call away from overtime. Elliot is a really good player for AC and she was having a great tournament run, but, is she a 35 point difference maker? I heard she was sick.

No one person is a 35 pt difference maker if you only consider pts! With Whitney in the line up, Catholic would not have scored 59 pts because of what she brings to the defense. And what about Catholics improvement, I really didnt notice anything different than what they've done in the past. I surely hope you dont think because they played Loudon so close, which they did, means they've improved that much. I was at that game and thats the absolute worse Loudon has played all season. They were overlooking Catholic and looking towards Stone. Regarding a "phantom foul" in the Loudon game, I'm not sure where you were sitting or standing but I was standing by the doorway and not only saw the foul on Buckner but heard it as well. It was a good call. If Catholics Coach knew what he was doing, he should have fouled when there was still 45 seconds left, that way if they missed one, Catholic could have at least had enough time to win the game. What was he thinking to let them run the clock to 10 seconds, everyone in the gym knew they were going to take the last shot. Poor coaching on his part. Then again, he spends more time coaching the girls on how to stall the ball when he gets a small lead instead of teaching them how to play the game. After reading all this, you probably think I wanted Loudon to win, thats the fartherest thing from the truth, I'm from Kingston and would have loved to see Catholic upset them.

QUOTE(JACKETDAD @ Feb 20 2007 - 11:57 AM) 826380932[/snapback]No one person is a 35 pt difference maker if you only consider pts! With Whitney in the line up, Catholic would not have scored 59 pts because of what she brings to the defense. And what about Catholics improvement, I really didnt notice anything different than what they've done in the past. I surely hope you dont think because they played Loudon so close, which they did, means they've improved that much. I was at that game and thats the absolute worse Loudon has played all season. They were overlooking Catholic and looking towards Stone. Regarding a "phantom foul" in the Loudon game, I'm not sure where you were sitting or standing but I was standing by the doorway and not only saw the foul on Buckner but heard it as well. It was a good call. If Catholics Coach knew what he was doing, he should have fouled when there was still 45 seconds left, that way if they missed one, Catholic could have at least had enough time to win the game. What was he thinking to let them run the clock to 10 seconds, everyone in the gym knew they were going to take the last shot. Poor coaching on his part. Then again, he spends more time coaching the girls on how to stall the ball when he gets a small lead instead of teaching them how to play the game. After reading all this, you probably think I wanted Loudon to win, thats the fartherest thing from the truth, I'm from Kingston and would have loved to see Catholic upset them.

For the talent Catholic has, they've done really well especially after the way they started the season. Name one team in that district that Catholic (on a player for player basis) has more talent than? I think Coach Cool does a great job and he gets the most out of his players and in the past they have played Loudon close. Coaching means doing what you have to do to keep your team in the game. If you remember, Coach Cool got a technical because the ref didn't call a foul when Kirkpatrick went in for a layup and was HAMMERED but (the same guy who made the no call)) calls a foul with 3 seconds in a tie game come on. With Elliot it probably is different game. My point is that Catholic, as of late, has been playing well. If you want to criticize them and their head coach it's your right too. However, I'd like to see you get a coaching job in this district and you try to run and gun with Loudon and or Stone and see where it gets you.