Elizabethton Coaching

coachtcyclone

Elizabethton plays tonight against Unicoi County for the Championship at Davy Crockett, I wish I could attend but The Eastman has other plans for me tonight!

I did hear some encouraging news from my hometown!

I heard that Mr. Alexander was going to bypass all the petty fueds and jealousy and put the best man in the Boys Basketball position. Wait, you may say, they dont have an opening but someone that I value their opinion very highly has told me that Mike Wilson has already told the adm that he nor his staff would return!

Mike is a very good man and family man but I feel he has no control or discipline over this team and Eliz BB could move forward with a new coach. I have been told that Len Dugger is the leading candidate. I really think the person that told me that is pretty knowledgable about Betsy Sports!

Anyone else heard this or anything different?

coachtcyclone, very interesting post. What makes it more interesting is I heard a lot of the same things at last nights girls game. I think Mr. Alexander wants to get Elizabethton back on track both academically and athletically. Everyone around here knows Len Dugger is maybe the best coach in East Tennessee. I, for one, rank him right up there with King George Pitts at King College. Surely, it would be a no-brainer when you've got someone with so much talent already in your system. And, by the way, if you see Calvin tonight, tell him I said Hello. I asked him if you all worked on the same shift and he explained to me that he did all the work and you were just there for moral support.

GO CYCLONES!

Don't just be proud, be thankful!

QUOTE(EHSFAITHFUL @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:34 PM) 826381241[/snapback]coachtcyclone, very interesting post. What makes it more interesting is I heard a lot of the same things at last nights girls game. I think Mr. Alexander wants to get Elizabethton back on track both academically and athletically. Everyone around here knows Len Dugger is maybe the best coach in East Tennessee. I, for one, rank him right up there with King George Pitts at King College. Surely, it would be a no-brainer when you've got someone with so much talent already in your system. And, by the way, if you see Calvin tonight, tell him I said Hello. I asked him if you all worked on the same shift and he explained to me that he did all the work and you were just there for moral support.

GO CYCLONES!

Did Cal also tell you that he works for me!

I hope your right about Mr. Al and Dugger.That would elevate betsys program for sure,or will it be politics as usual,maybe the new school board will step in?

QUOTE(EHSFAITHFUL @ Feb 20 2007 - 02:34 PM) 826381241[/snapback]coachtcyclone, very interesting post. What makes it more interesting is I heard a lot of the same things at last nights girls game. I think Mr. Alexander wants to get Elizabethton back on track both academically and athletically. Everyone around here knows Len Dugger is maybe the best coach in East Tennessee. I, for one, rank him right up there with King George Pitts at King College. Surely, it would be a no-brainer when you've got someone with so much talent already in your system. And, by the way, if you see Calvin tonight, tell him I said Hello. I asked him if you all worked on the same shift and he explained to me that he did all the work and you were just there for moral support.

GO CYCLONES!

I dont know about ranking him with King George, but he would be a asset to any athletic program.

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Feb 20 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826381120[/snapback]Elizabethton plays tonight against Unicoi County for the Championship at Davy Crockett, I wish I could attend but The Eastman has other plans for me tonight!

I did hear some encouraging news from my hometown!

I heard that Mr. Alexander was going to bypass all the petty fueds and jealousy and put the best man in the Boys Basketball position. Wait, you may say, they dont have an opening but someone that I value their opinion very highly has told me that Mike Wilson has already told the adm that he nor his staff would return!

Mike is a very good man and family man but I feel he has no control or discipline over this team and Eliz BB could move forward with a new coach. I have been told that Len Dugger is the leading candidate. I really think the person that told me that is pretty knowledgable about Betsy Sports!

Anyone else heard this or anything different?

the one name that has been brought up in every conversation is tony gordon of uh. and at one of their most recent games, why would some so-calls from elizabethton be in attendance for a jr. buc basketball game.

you guys make this thing with len dugger sound like a done deal but unless something new has happened in the past few days, gordon will be considered should the job become available.

Both Dugger and Gordon no doubt would do a great job, another important question is who will be the assistants, the previous post said that the entire staff wasn't coming back. Dugger and gordon are good but they can't do it alone.

QUOTE(blueeagle @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826381297[/snapback]the one name that has been brought up in every conversation is tony gordon of uh. and at one of their most recent games, why would some so-calls from elizabethton be in attendance for a jr. buc basketball game.

you guys make this thing with len dugger sound like a done deal but unless something new has happened in the past few days, gordon will be considered should the job become available.

QUOTE(blueeagle @ Feb 20 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826381297[/snapback]the one name that has been brought up in every conversation is tony gordon of uh. and at one of their most recent games, why would some so-calls from elizabethton be in attendance for a jr. buc basketball game.

OK, who are the "some so-called" from EHS that were in attendance?

It could be explained if I knew who the so-called where!

Tony Gordon is a very good coach but remember, Mike Wilson is still the coach until he resigns or is forced out.

My comments about Len Dugger came as a result of SPECULATION that Wilson will not return,as many believe!

According to my friends that were at the game last night, Eliz gave them all they wanted and more until final 2 minutes of 1st half.Then they allowed the soph guard to drive for easy layups,and if that wasnt enough, he killed them with 3 pointers.

I couldnt believe that Carter and Thomas doubled Weaver well enough to hold him to 2 or 4 points in the 1st half,WOW!

I understand Ike was really frustrated. He proved it in the 2nd half as he controlled the paint. I wish I could have been there, it sounded like a fun game to watch!

Hey EHSFAITHFUL, did you make it to the game? Cal said you used to deer hunt with him, hes too lazy for that now!

Are you still in business for yourself?

OK, who are the "some so-called" from EHS that were in attendance?

It could be explained if I knew who the so-called where!

Tony Gordon is a very good coach but remember, Mike Wilson is still the coach until he resigns or is forced out.

My comments about Len Dugger came as a result of SPECULATION that Wilson will not return,as many believe!

According to my friends that were at the game last night, Eliz gave them all they wanted and more until final 2 minutes of 1st half.Then they allowed the soph guard to drive for easy layups,and if that wasnt enough, he killed them with 3 pointers.

I couldnt believe that Carter and Thomas doubled Weaver well enough to hold him to 2 or 4 points in the 1st half,WOW!

I understand Ike was really frustrated. He proved it in the 2nd half as he controlled the paint. I wish I could have been there, it sounded like a fun game to watch!

Hey EHSFAITHFUL, did you make it to the game? Cal said you used to deer hunt with him, hes too lazy for that now!

Are you still in business for yourself?

Let me throw a name out at you guys...You speak so highly of George Pitts, but I would say that many of you do not know that his assistant Michael Morrell is an Elizabethton High grad. and played at Milligan College for Tony Wallingford. I have heard that he wants to stay at the college level, but he might be interested in coming back home if the job came open. I don't know but anyone who has worked for Pitts and I think that have had a great year at King, should be a great catch for a high school looking for a good coach. Again, a young coach might be what E-Town needs.