maroonandgrey Where are you Now

BrandonCrump#04fan

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Feb 21 2007 - 03:16 PM) 826383068[/snapback]I wasn't attesting to how many times I've seen Volunteer's coaches pull players out of the game, I was questioning why they dont

We do, and did in the game. Just leave it alone. You want to rant your venom on here. I am giving you first hand knowledge and you still want to say things differently. You are the one who made the accusations that we teach them to play dirty. You are the one who said that "they try and hurt players from the opposing team is classless and redneck and deserves no respect whatsoever." You are the one who said "Everyone knows they play dirty. They are coached this way. Todd Whittlemore coaches his players to try and hurt players from the opposing team." You are the one who said "who do you blame? The coach for teaching this garbage." We do not teach that way of basketball. Stop making accusations without facts. It's not everyone that thinks this way. If you deem the few venom spewers on CoachT as everybody, you have a small group of friends. I never said it wasn't physical Monday night, BUT you refuse to see the physicalness of DB, which was noted by a commentator that I think highly of, from both sides. So go ahead and give your one-sided opinion. GOD Bless....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Stokomo @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826382898[/snapback]Your quote of sports revealing character........ how can you talk about someone's mom like that? What if someone said some things about your mom? You guys just do not get it. This is a sport that should be positive in support for each other. No one has said anything about Volunteer all year and now that we have had the best year as a AAA Falcon in the school's history, people want to bash the program. I stopped posting on here for a long time, but I will not stand by and let "renegade" statements be hurled at a good program. No one from Volunteer has hurled insults at any program, and some good shots could have been taken at some of the schools. Do you know how East Tennessee looks to the rest of the state? You people put so much hatred into downing another local school that you do not realize that we are not the enemy. We will cheer for anyone who makes it to the state from this area. For our success what do we get, ridiculed and lied on. This is getting lame..... Central hates TN High, TN High hates DB, DB hates Science Hill, Science Hill hates DB, everyone hates Volunteer, the poor county school that only wants to hurt us superior people, and so forth. Guess what posters, fans, and parents........ long after you have spewed your venom across CoachT, long after your sons and daughters have graduated from their respective schools, long after the games are over, careers are forgotten, and coaches move on, there are athletes that are making friends for a lifetime. I am a DB graduate and four year player at DB under Van Huss. I still have "blood-brothers" from DB and King Colllege that I see. BUT!!! I also have friends from opposing schools that I have played against that I wouldn't trade for anything in this world. I love the game of "baskeeetball" (old DB faithful will get that one) too much to intentionally hurt any athlete playing for or against me. People are quick to point out the physical aspect of the game, but looked over one poster's comment that said he heard the game broadcast by DB Commentators and stated that it was very physical from both sides. I spoke with one of the commentators and they said the same thing immediately after the game on Monday. So for the few that want to spew their venom on here, go right ahead, but I will call out the false statements. Like the one about Coach Whitt yelling at the student section in the middle of the game. First of all, there was not many students at the game for DB. Secondly.... anyone at the game would know that our bench was near the stage. The DB section was diagonally accross the floor by the entrance way. He would have had to use a mega-phone to even get heard. I do apologize for not signing off the way I usually do on the last post. Regardless of what some of you think, there is no intent to hurt anyone. To my knowledge, the five years that I have been at Volunteer, there has not been any opponent's player injured in the games we have played. Five years with no injuried must mean that we are doing a lousy job of coaching to intentionally hurt players. The whole year, only four times has a player fouled out. We are either paying off the refs or some venom on here goes without merit. I think it is the latter of the two.

So in closing, cheer for your team, cheer for any team that makes it out of this area. Teams and coaches please represent this area well. I wish everyone good luck and GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!

Excellent post!! Post of the year Stokomo! I in the past have been so Gulity to come on CoachT and bash bash bash my fellow Big 9 teams. But eventually you mature and see that we are all one Big 9 family and yes support your team, but also support your fellow conference brother teams. BEST OF LUCK TONIGHT DB AND TN. HIGH!!

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 21 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826383077[/snapback]1st, there was more than one

2nd If you read the post you refer to, nobody was called stupid or illiterate. You are inferring that from the fact that I made the comment that the post was one long continuous sentence which was true and there should be more emphasis to improve english and communication skills. Don't blame me, blame the public school systems of today because they're not emphasizing skills that are necessary to succeed and before you make it appear that I am calling only the Church Hill school system bad, that would go for most school systems including Kingsport City. Thanks

1st...He is a kid...take that into consideration when you poke fun...No..you did not call anybody stupid or illiterate..you just implyed it...I guess when you was his age all your communication skills were perfect...LOL ...I can only imagine....He's making a post on a board, taking up for him and his teammates.....Give him a break..he isn't writing a term paper...LOL..

Thanks to you too....

QUOTE(VolMom2006 @ Feb 21 2007 - 04:06 PM) 826383118[/snapback]1st...He is a kid...take that into consideration when you poke fun...No..you did not call anybody stupid or illiterate..you just implyed it...I guess when you was his age all your communication skills were perfect...LOL ...I can only imagine....He's making a post on a board, taking up for him and his teammates.....Give him a break..he isn't writing a term paper...LOL..

Thanks to you too....

I'm not going to argue with you anymore on this subject out of respect for you being a mother....accept my apologies if any kids have been hurt by the comments.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 21 2007 - 03:39 PM) 826383173[/snapback]I'm not going to argue with you anymore on this subject out of respect for you being a mother....accept my apologies if any kids have been hurt by the comments.

Thank you very much for your apology...

I've always thought you were a better person than is revealed by some of your posts...

QUOTE(Stokomo @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826382898[/snapback]Your quote of sports revealing character........ how can you talk about someone's mom like that? What if someone said some things about your mom? You guys just do not get it. This is a sport that should be positive in support for each other. No one has said anything about Volunteer all year and now that we have had the best year as a AAA Falcon in the school's history, people want to bash the program. I stopped posting on here for a long time, but I will not stand by and let "renegade" statements be hurled at a good program. No one from Volunteer has hurled insults at any program, and some good shots could have been taken at some of the schools. Do you know how East Tennessee looks to the rest of the state? You people put so much hatred into downing another local school that you do not realize that we are not the enemy. We will cheer for anyone who makes it to the state from this area. For our success what do we get, ridiculed and lied on. This is getting lame..... Central hates TN High, TN High hates DB, DB hates Science Hill, Science Hill hates DB, everyone hates Volunteer, the poor county school that only wants to hurt us superior people, and so forth. Guess what posters, fans, and parents........ long after you have spewed your venom across CoachT, long after your sons and daughters have graduated from their respective schools, long after the games are over, careers are forgotten, and coaches move on, there are athletes that are making friends for a lifetime. I am a DB graduate and four year player at DB under Van Huss. I still have "blood-brothers" from DB and King Colllege that I see. BUT!!! I also have friends from opposing schools that I have played against that I wouldn't trade for anything in this world. I love the game of "baskeeetball" (old DB faithful will get that one) too much to intentionally hurt any athlete playing for or against me. People are quick to point out the physical aspect of the game, but looked over one poster's comment that said he heard the game broadcast by DB Commentators and stated that it was very physical from both sides. I spoke with one of the commentators and they said the same thing immediately after the game on Monday. So for the few that want to spew their venom on here, go right ahead, but I will call out the false statements. Like the one about Coach Whitt yelling at the student section in the middle of the game. First of all, there was not many students at the game for DB. Secondly.... anyone at the game would know that our bench was near the stage. The DB section was diagonally accross the floor by the entrance way. He would have had to use a mega-phone to even get heard. I do apologize for not signing off the way I usually do on the last post. Regardless of what some of you think, there is no intent to hurt anyone. To my knowledge, the five years that I have been at Volunteer, there has not been any opponent's player injured in the games we have played. Five years with no injuried must mean that we are doing a lousy job of coaching to intentionally hurt players. The whole year, only four times has a player fouled out. We are either paying off the refs or some venom on here goes without merit. I think it is the latter of the two.

So in closing, cheer for your team, cheer for any team that makes it out of this area. Teams and coaches please represent this area well. I wish everyone good luck and GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't talking about anybody's mom, I don't even know who this woman is, but if shes on here rapping on people, please excuse me for doing what these boards are intended for. If you have no interest in basketball, You Are At the Wrong Place. On another note, it sure is noble of you getting on here defending your team but it seems to me you are at the wrong place to do that.

QUOTE(Snowman16 @ Feb 22 2007 - 01:02 PM) 826384531[/snapback]I wasn't talking about anybody's mom, I don't even know who this woman is, but if shes on here rapping on people, please excuse me for doing what these boards are intended for. If you have no interest in basketball, You Are At the Wrong Place. On another note, it sure is noble of you getting on here defending your team but it seems to me you are at the wrong place to do that.

Hey Snowbaby, how well will Greeneville handle the aggressive style of Volunteer?

QUOTE(Snowman16 @ Feb 21 2007 - 01:02 PM) 826382840[/snapback]How do renegade moms find out about this sit eand find time to post on here? "I don't even like basketball" you say? well go to www.homesandgardens.com.

If this was your quote, then you called someone's mom a renegade......

Look..... this has gone on far too long. There is nothing to gain by putting someone or their team down. It only makes the person doing the name-calling small. I know most of the posters on here are teenagers. I hope that you can someday mature and understand that fact. For your info.... I do defend what is not true. If it were true about the things being said, I would not be around. IT is not, so best of luck to you and the Chiefs. Best of luck to everyone this weekend. Have some fun and say something nice about someone today. SNOWMAN.... you write well..... Waco..... YOU'RE WITTY GOD Bless!!!!!