REGION 5 PICKS

FridayMainEvent

Boy, I'm not gonna lie, I think this is going to be a tough region to win. I think we got a tough draw considering we have , in my opinion, three of the best four teams in the region on our side of the bracket. I think us, Van Buren, or Nashville Christian all have legitimate shots to win this region. Unfortunately only one will advance to finals which is tough. Here are the matchups and my picks:

Cascade over East Literature

Van Buren over Nashville Christian

White House over Eagleville

Forrest over Houston County

Semi-Finals

Cascade over Van Buren

White House over Forrest

Finals:

Cascade over White House

I think Van Buren or Forrest could get on a roll and win this thing also. I really like watching Van Buren play and I'll be honest about pulling for Eagleville in the consulation game last night only because I would rather have them in our half of the bracket.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(allregionpatriot#3 @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:15 AM) 826382443[/snapback]Cascade over East Lit (In a very close game)

Nashville Christian over Van Buren

Heritage over Eagleville

Forrest over Houston Co.

Semifinals

Nashville Christian over Cascade

Heritage over Forrest

Finals

Heritage over Nashville Christian once again

You are correct, our game with East Literture could be close. They beat us pretty soundly earlier in the season. I was at the game, but can't remember any details....(old age I suppose). Judging by their schedule, no one has beaten them badly including your team so hopefully we will come ready to play. I still say our half of the bracket is much more difficult. Our picks are similiar except that your giving Nashville Christian more credit than I did. I think they are tough, but I believe they will get picked off by a tough Van Buren team if they aren't careful and overlook them.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 21 2007 - 08:49 AM) 826382484[/snapback]You are correct, our game with East Literture could be close. They beat us pretty soundly earlier in the season. I was at the game, but can't remember any details....(old age I suppose). Judging by their schedule, no one has beaten them badly including your team so hopefully we will come ready to play. I still say our half of the bracket is much more difficult. Our picks are similiar except that your giving Nashville Christian more credit than I did. I think they are tough, but I believe they will get picked off by a tough Van Buren team if they aren't careful and overlook them.

You beat me to making this topic Mike. Great game lastnight huh? It was packed in the gym and hot as you know what as well. I beleive this may be one of the toughest regional tournaments in single A. I do not want to go in over confident, but the way we are playing and have won 13 out of our last 14 games I like our chances Saturday night very much. I was not at the game that Cascade played against East Lit earlier in the season so I cant comment on that too much.I will say this though, we only had one player in double digits that night and that has changed alot recently. I really think any of these teams are capable of winning from either district and who ever makes it out of regions will probably be tough to beat in the sub state games. Although I am rooting for 9A I have to be somewhat unbiased and say we will not sweep them in the first round. My picks go as followed.

Cascade over East Literature by 5

Van Buren over NCS by 3

White House Heritage over Eagleville by 10

Forrest over Houston Co by 7

Cascade over Van Buren by 5

Forrest over White House Heritage by 2

Cascade over Forrest by 5

After Saturday night im sure my picks will change depending on how many I get right or wrong. Good luck to all teams and have a safe travel to your games.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:23 AM) 826384107[/snapback]bump

Unfortunately, I remember the East Lit game well. That week we played EL, Nash C, and VB all in one week and lost em all. That was the low point of the season and had a lot of people wondering about this team. Since the second half of that VB loss, our team has turned around. Everyone now has the green light to shoot if open and the confidence shows. Confidence will be a big issue on Sat. EL is athletic and jumps around on defense better than anybody in our district. They are extremely talented on offense as far as shooting goes. They use dribble penetration to break you down and rely on off. rebounds for alot of scoring.

Wish I could go watch VB-NCS game. That will be a dandy. I hope VB wins, but NCS is good at their game and their coach is a sharp old bird. I thick Forrest will take care of business. Eagleville will surprise WHH at the start of that game cause they are good at playing like they have nothing to loose. However, foul trouble will get em again and WHH will win.

QUOTE(blueice712 @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:51 AM) 826384122[/snapback]Unfortunately, I remember the East Lit game well. That week we played EL, Nash C, and VB all in one week and lost em all. That was the low point of the season and had a lot of people wondering about this team. Since the second half of that VB loss, our team has turned around. Everyone now has the green light to shoot if open and the confidence shows. Confidence will be a big issue on Sat. EL is athletic and jumps around on defense better than anybody in our district. They are extremely talented on offense as far as shooting goes. They use dribble penetration to break you down and rely on off. rebounds for alot of scoring.

Wish I could go watch VB-NCS game. That will be a dandy. I hope VB wins, but NCS is good at their game and their coach is a sharp old bird. I thick Forrest will take care of business. Eagleville will surprise WHH at the start of that game cause they are good at playing like they have nothing to loose. However, foul trouble will get em again and WHH will win.

Okay, now I'm confused, the whole time I thought you were a Forrest fan going by your name. Now that you said "we" played.... I'm guessing your actually a Cascade fan or player. So is the name reflective of your college loyalty? Possibly a Kentucky Wildcat fan? Just curious...

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:22 AM) 826384153[/snapback]Okay, now I'm confused, the whole time I thought you were a Forrest fan going by your name. Now that you said "we" played.... I'm guessing your actually a Cascade fan or player. So is the name reflective of your college loyalty? Possibly a Kentucky Wildcat fan? Just curious...

I noticed in the game stats from when they played east lit earlier in the season that Stefen did not score and only brandon was in double figures scoring wise. Are we playing at a different level than we were then as well in your opinion Blue Ice? Do they do things we are not capable of doing? I did not have the chance to go see their game and wondered how we matched up with them. Are they big down low ? Would be nice to hear a break down from people in their District of what their strenghts and weakness are.

QUOTE(wingman10 @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:52 AM) 826384125[/snapback]Hoping for Cascade to pull it out

I totally agree i hope cascade does win this one and i also hope vb wins their game. It would make for a BIG rematch if both teams come out with a win. I will say cascade by 8. VB over NC by 10. I hate to say it but I say eagleville will lose in a close game by 4 because of foul troulbe. I am cheerin for east lit. to beat forrest but if forrest comes out hot they win. Good luck to all district 9 teams go take care of business.....(GO VB)

QUOTE(snoopy_25 @ Feb 22 2007 - 10:28 AM) 826384394[/snapback]I totally agree i hope cascade does win this one and i also hope vb wins their game. It would make for a BIG rematch if both teams come out with a win. I will say cascade by 8. VB over NC by 10. I hate to say it but I say eagleville will lose in a close game by 4 because of foul troulbe. I am cheerin for east lit. to beat forrest but if forrest comes out hot they win. Good luck to all district 9 teams go take care of business.....(GO VB)

Cascade plays East Lit. Forrest plays Houston Co. I am rooting for all district 9A teams. Good luck to all teams involved.

Go Champs