Van Buren vs East Robertson

Speedy Claxton

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:37 PM) 826384946[/snapback]Depends on VB coach.

And what exactly does this mean? Coach Binkley has done a TREMENDOUS job with this team! He has taken a team that lost their best player and that has only one true guard and guided them to a district championship game that was then thrown away with missed foul shots (which is completely in the players' hands). He also led this same bunch to a win over the defending state champions which no one would have given them a chance in. In all honesty, considering expectaions, etc. he really should have been voted coach of the year in the district.

Now I really hope that this is not what you meant and if it wasn't then please explain, but all i will finish with is this:

If it does as you say depend on the VB coach then VB will be meeting Forrest in the region semis next week.

QUOTE(vanbureneagle @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:23 PM) 826385023[/snapback]And what exactly does this mean? Coach Binkley has done a TREMENDOUS job with this team! He has taken a team that lost their best player and that has only one true guard and guided them to a district championship game that was then thrown away with missed foul shots (which is completely in the players' hands). He also led this same bunch to a win over the defending state champions which no one would have given them a chance in. In all honesty, considering expectaions, etc. he really should have been voted coach of the year in the district.

Now I really hope that this is not what you meant and if it wasn't then please explain, but all i will finish with is this:

If it does as you say depend on the VB coach then VB will be meeting Forrest in the region semis next week.

We lost the MTCS game by bad coaching. Not foul shots. We need to get over losing this player life goes on play with what u got. As for coach of the year get real.

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Feb 22 2007 - 07:57 PM) 826385065[/snapback]We lost the MTCS game by bad coaching. Not foul shots. We need to get over losing this player life goes on play with what u got. As for coach of the year get real.

We lost because of bad coaching, missing foul shots, not boxing out, and not getting out on the shooters. I think we are alot better of a team without the other Grissom girl cause more people score now, so more are a threat when they hit. Coach of the year should have went to Eagleville's coach even though they whined the whole game. VanBurenEagle you need to worry about your boys team and big game on Sat. instead of getting on here defending the girls' coach.

QUOTE(bird 33 @ Feb 22 2007 - 06:37 PM) 826384946[/snapback]Depends on VB coach.

I find it amusing when others feel the need to critizes coaches, as well as players. Do you ever take into consideration the time and effort a coach puts into his/her team, for very little pay. I wonder if you, bird 33, would take the time away from your family and things you also enjoy doing to practice daily, travel in a bus, and have other adults tell you what you did wrong and how you didn't play their child. I think not... A coach is only as good as its team and a team only a good as its coach... well, I think we should be proud of our team and coach for the good job they have done. GO EAGLES!!!!! ya'll beat the #1 team in the state....

QUOTE(go eagles go @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:10 PM) 826385933[/snapback]I find it amusing when others feel the need to critizes coaches, as well as players. Do you ever take into consideration the time and effort a coach puts into his/her team, for very little pay. I wonder if you, bird 33, would take the time away from your family and things you also enjoy doing to practice daily, travel in a bus, and have other adults tell you what you did wrong and how you didn't play their child. I think not... A coach is only as good as its team and a team only a good as its coach... well, I think we should be proud of our team and coach for the good job they have done. GO EAGLES!!!!! ya'll beat the #1 team in the state....

O I know how much work a coach does but i guarentee i could do better. I would proudly give up my time to coach this team, but whatever. GET NEW PLAYS. You've been running the same plays for as long as you've been coaching and it hasn't worked yet. In the past 7 years he's had two winning seasons in which the team has been above .500. Go Ladies hope you all go as far as your potential.

QUOTE(Speedy Claxton @ Feb 23 2007 - 02:24 PM) 826386159[/snapback]O I know how much work a coach does but i guarentee i could do better. I would proudly give up my time to coach this team, but whatever. GET NEW PLAYS. You've been running the same plays for as long as you've been coaching and it hasn't worked yet. In the past 7 years he's had two winning seasons in which the team has been above .500. Go Ladies hope you all go as far as your potential.

i'm sure if you apply, they will be happy to look at your application.... it's easy to say you'd do better looking down from the crowd and i'm sure he'd be happy if you'd share those new plays.... i guess as a parent, i just proud someone takes the time to work with my child to help me keep them interested in ball and interested in school..... Good luck to the team & the coach!!! i know you girls can do it.......