Collinwood vs Wayne Co

TrojanSportsFan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great team effort ladies! Probably could have won by much more if coach hadn't made you hold the ball for 9 minutes!!!!! Let's break this down:

Held the ball,

2 minutes 1st quarter, 4 minutes 2nd quarter, 3 minutes 3rd quarter, total points scored during that time = 3.

I don't get it, he's done this all year and it ALWAYS allows the other team to get back in the game. Get a clue coach!!!!!!!!

Congrats Trojanettes, good luck Wednesday night!!!!!

QUOTE(Shootmore @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:03 PM) 826390656[/snapback]Congrats to the Wood on a big win. Good luck they rest of the way!

Also, congrats to Wayne Co for a great year!!!

you stole my advatar... haha jk

QUOTE(Hollywood85 @ Feb 26 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826390980[/snapback]Great team effort ladies! Probably could have won by much more if coach hadn't made you hold the ball for 9 minutes!!!!! Let's break this down:

Held the ball,

2 minutes 1st quarter, 4 minutes 2nd quarter, 3 minutes 3rd quarter, total points scored during that time = 3.

I don't get it, he's done this all year and it ALWAYS allows the other team to get back in the game. Get a clue coach!!!!!!!!

Congrats Trojanettes, good luck Wednesday night!!!!!

maybe thats why they are succesful... and when they are holding the ball they arent scoring, but neither is the other team

Hollywood, as fans we can have any opinion as we sit in the stands that we want, but our opinion don't amount to a hill of beans. That is why were in the stands. You failed to list the number of minutes in the 4th quarter. Would be interesting to see how much time they forced Wayne County to chase them. Nine minutes of the 24 possible minutes thru three quarters sounds pretty good if your ahead. Looks like they are doing pretty good with that game plan with a record of 27-4. I hear that Moore Co. did the same thing holding the ball. Wait, they won also! I'm sure that no coach cares what I think or any other fan thinks, but it is always funny to hear us give opinions that most of the time give no clue about how a particular sport should be played. As fans we always provide a good laugh every now and then. By the way, congratulations to the Lady Dawgs from Gleason.

QUOTE(Afterlife @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826391068[/snapback]you stole my advatar... haha jk

maybe thats why they are succesful... and when they are holding the ball they arent scoring, but neither is the other team

and you stole what I was going to say.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(CATS1 @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:44 PM) 826391124[/snapback]Hollywood, as fans we can have any opinion as we sit in the stands that we want, but our opinion don't amount to a hill of beans. That is why were in the stands. You failed to list the number of minutes in the 4th quarter. Would be interesting to see how much time they forced Wayne County to chase them. Nine minutes of the 24 possible minutes thru three quarters sounds pretty good if your ahead. Looks like they are doing pretty good with that game plan with a record of 27-4. I hear that Moore Co. did the same thing holding the ball. Wait, they won also! I'm sure that no coach cares what I think or any other fan thinks, but it is always funny to hear us give opinions that most of the time give no clue about how a particular sport should be played. As fans we always provide a good laugh every now and then. By the way, congratulations to the Lady Dawgs from Gleason.

I left off the 4th quarter (wich was two minutes) due to the fact that we were shooting free throws at that point and I wasn't sure how many we made down the stretch. True, we won, but that's due to the fact that we're a much more talented team than Wayne Co. As we continue on, I can assure you that our fortune will not be the same playing this way. My grandma could have coach this team to a 27-4 record. So don't start preaching to me when you obviously know nothing about this team or the coach. Trust me, it's not just me, 95% of the fans with a pulse and brain knows that this style is going to eventually get us beat. By the way, I played my whole life and have coached AAU and will be coaching high school soon, so don't assume that I'm an uneducated idiot. Just so you know, we scored 20 points in the first quarter running our offense. We scored 5 in the second and allowed Wayne Co. back in the game by holding the ball. We also lost to Summertown in the regular season after being 14 up early in the 2nd half. We started the freezing crap rather than running our offense and they caught up. So please, speak only if you have something worthy to say.

QUOTE(Afterlife @ Feb 26 2007 - 10:27 PM) 826391068[/snapback]you stole my advatar... haha jk

See, that's the problem. Usually we end up turning the ball over and the other team does score. I can see freezing the ball with the lead at the end of the game, nobody's arguing that, but to do it with a 2 pt. lead in the 2nd or 3rd quarter? Does that make any sense??? I don't know too many coaches that would be comfortable with that kind of lead................oh wait, I know one!