Millington Star on "Millington's new star".

hedgehog

An opinion piece on Millington's Coach Gatlin from "The Millington Star".

Millington's arrival on the shoulders of new coach

I happen to agree. No matter what you may think of him and his posts on this board (and MANY people have expressed their displeasure about it) he has turned around the program at Millington. People fail to realize that his team is mostly freshman and sophomores, so no matter how far they go this season, next year they will in all likelihood dominate 14-AAA, and for at least the next few years will be very competitive in Memphis area high school girls basketball. Don't be surprised if they make repeated trips to Murfreesboro to compete in the state tournament.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hedgehog @ Feb 24 2007 - 03:58 PM) 826387397[/snapback]An opinion piece on Millington's Coach Gatlin from "The Millington Star".

Millington's arrival on the shoulders of new coach

I happen to agree. No matter what you may think of him and his posts on this board (and MANY people have expressed their displeasure about it) he has turned around the program at Millington. People fail to realize that his team is mostly freshman and sophomores, so no matter how far they go this season, next year they will in all likelihood dominate 14-AAA, and for at least the next few years will be very competitive in Memphis area high school girls basketball. Don't be surprised if they make repeated trips to murfreesboro to compete in the state tournament.

Hey, thanks! I don't know you, but I really appreciate it, sincerely! That article shocked me just as this post did.

Hey Coachgat,

Congratulations on your District crown. I enjoy reading your post and can tell by them that you know the game. I think its great that they gave you a chance at the high school level, and you have proved that you can get the job done. Hopefully one day someone will give me the chance not only to teach young ladies about the game of basketball, but to also teach them a few things about life. Keep up the good work!

Indian Chief

QUOTE(coachgat @ Feb 24 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826387789[/snapback]Hey, thanks! I don't know you, but I really appreciate it, sincerely! That article shocked me just as this post did. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Congratulations Coach to you and your team on a great season. The best of luck to your Millington Trojans

in the Region, and hopefully the Sub State and M-Boro. The honor you received was well deserved...

Keep up the good work!

Bigpops

QUOTE(bigdave25 @ Feb 27 2007 - 07:55 AM) 826391392[/snapback]When does this team play again?

Millington will play Bartlett Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. at Arlington High School for the Region VII championship. Winner hosts loser of Memphis East and Memphis Northside on Saturday, March 3rd. Loser will travel to the winner of the game between East and Northside the same night. Winners of these two games get to travel to M'boro to play on Thursday. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(hedgehog @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:24 AM) 826391447[/snapback]Millington will play Bartlett Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. at Arlington High School for the Region VII championship. Winner hosts loser of Memphis East and Memphis Northside on Saturday, March 3rd. Loser will travel to the winner of the game between East and Northside the same night. Winners of these two games get to travel to M'boro to play on Thursday. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

The winner of the Millington-Bartlett game will probably host Northside. East is very effective because they start 4 guards

and if you can't control the tempo they will run you off the floor. Northside last night had 32 turnovers and missed 20

free throws... They were down 11 late in the third quarter, but their players are seasoned and refused to lose. Bartlett

and East are playing the best of the 4 teams remaining...This is only my opinion... The Sub state looks like this...

Northside plays at Bartlett, Millington plays at East...

Bartlett and East advance to M-Boro.