Wartburg vs. Grace Christian

CHS_Bulldogs

QUOTE(RCSportsStringer @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:14 PM) 826394043[/snapback]What killed Grace more than anything was Wartburg embarrassing them on the boards and D.J. Shannon going through Grace like General Sherman went through Georgia. (Two points to anyone who gets the reference.) You can't let a kid score 46 points and expect to win. I'll give Grace credit, they really overachieved this year and they have a good foundation for what could be a very solid program in the years to come.

Thanks for the lesson in history, Those of us that were born in the South know the history of the General whose love of fire dictated his plan of attack. Sherman burned Atlanta, Shannon burned Grace, In case you haven't noticed Atlanta is doing fine and so will Grace Christian Academy. As far as embarrassed, the game was tied with two minutes left in the game. Nothing to be embarrased about on our end of the court. Overachieved! Now let me return the favor and educate you a bit about overachievement. A team overachieves in a game, not a season! I would guess that is why we have playoffs so a team like Wartburg who is 1 and 1 against Harriman this season can not only play for a Regional Championship but have a chance to show some of their fans real need for bragging rights in one sport.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ramtough68 @ Feb 28 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826393965[/snapback]Grace beat Union County at Union County on their court the week before they beat Pigeon Forge! Grace defeated CAK, and many of the same teams Cosby plays year after year. I went over and watched Cosby play KCS at KCS. Is that the "Church League" you were speaking of. Last years Cosby team was as good a high school team as I have ever watched play. Cosby has a name for having really good basketball teams year after year, Grace has a total of three years to draw from, I'm pretty proud of what Grace and Cosby both have been able to do with their programs. Evidently Cosby must have started with a sound foundation to build on, thats what the coaching staff at Grace is trying to do.

Thanks for addressing that ramtough. You know it appears that no matter what Grace does someone is waiting to discount what they have accomplished. However that is probably a good thing, let everyone keep on overlooking the up and coming sports programs at Grace and the rams will soon have to build a seperate building for all their Goldballs.

QUOTE(don222 @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:03 AM) 826394530[/snapback]Thanks for addressing that ramtough. You know it appears that no matter what Grace does someone is waiting to discount what they have accomplished. However that is probably a good thing, let everyone keep on overlooking the up and coming sports programs at Grace and the rams will soon have to build a seperate building for all their Goldballs.

You hit the nail on the head don222. I like your thinking..........Great Reply

QUOTE(OLDSCHOOL44 @ Mar 1 2007 - 12:22 PM) 826394917[/snapback]If Grace want's to win a Goldball they better find a new recruiting coordinator the won they have forgot to find a post player /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

What do you mean by recruiting coordinator? We play with what we got. We only have about 130 students in our high school (9-12 grade). This is only our third year of basketball so please give a little credit were credit is due.

I think what Grace Christian is doing is remarkable. I think they will continue to grow both as a school and as a basketball program.

I frankly think that schools like Grace Christian that are free to teach Christian values as part of the educational process without fear of lawsuits are very appealing to many people. I think enrollment at schools like Grace will continue to grow. As enrollments grow, athletic improvement will occur as a natural result.

Don't let the detractors get you down Grace fans. They wouldn't be saying anything about you if you were not making an impact. The criticism being voiced on this forum about your program should be viewed as a compliment because you have very relevant basketball program.

QUOTE(Norman Dale @ Mar 1 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826395499[/snapback]I think what Grace Christian is doing is remarkable. I think they will continue to grow both as a school and as a basketball program.

I frankly think that schools like Grace Christian that are free to teach Christian values as part of the educational process without fear of lawsuits are very appealing to many people. I think enrollment at schools like Grace will continue to grow. As enrollments grow, athletic improvement will occur as a natural result.

Don't let the detractors get you down Grace fans. They wouldn't be saying anything about you if you were not making an impact. The criticism being voiced on this forum about your program should be viewed as a compliment because you have very relevant basketball program.

Thanks for the compliment Norman Dale. I completely agree with you and we will grow. We will grow as a school, in enrollment, athletics, and most importantly we will grow in Christ. We were blessed with a good football season last Fall, (making the playoffs for the first time in just 3 years) and obviously with the awesome season of basketball we just completed. We couldn't have done this without the support of our great coaches, faculty, and fans and most importantly our athletes realize that all the Glory goes to God.

Once again thanks for the support......God Bless

GRACE CHRISTIAN ACADEMY............Building Christian Character, One Athlete At A Time

www.graceramsbasketball.com

Listen you guys had a good year and got some good players. but slusher is the only one that PLAYED or got any playin time from last years team. it is funny how you bring in 2 good basketball players out of nowhere. you will be just like C.A.K an have to movw up to AA cause of the multiplier rule for PRIVATE schools. i hope you make it to state soon in single A cause your not beatin the Austin-east and the Alcoa'a so good luck in the future. speakin of Atlanta I bet there's somemore good players you guys can recrute and bring in to play with wanamaker and pridemore.

QUOTE(cosbybasketball30 @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:54 AM) 826400360[/snapback]Listen you guys had a good year and got some good players. but slusher is the only one that PLAYED or got any playin time from last years team. it is funny how you bring in 2 good basketball players out of nowhere. you will be just like C.A.K an have to movw up to AA cause of the multiplier rule for PRIVATE schools. i hope you make it to state soon in single A cause your not beatin the Austin-east and the Alcoa'a so good luck in the future. speakin of Atlanta I bet there's somemore good players you guys can recrute and bring in to play with wanamaker and pridemore.

Who knows if they recruit, who cares, this years team was not really much better than Coalfield and Coalfield would have beat them there. If they had to play Central, OS, and Oneida home and home I doubt they would have been ranked. I am sure those kids will be better next year and just like you say, I bet a big post player will have to surface to add to Slusher and Wannamaker.

QUOTE(cosbybasketball30 @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826400360[/snapback]Listen you guys had a good year and got some good players. but slusher is the only one that PLAYED or got any playin time from last years team. it is funny how you bring in 2 good basketball players out of nowhere. you will be just like C.A.K an have to movw up to AA cause of the multiplier rule for PRIVATE schools. i hope you make it to state soon in single A cause your not beatin the Austin-east and the Alcoa'a so good luck in the future. speakin of Atlanta I bet there's somemore good players you guys can recrute and bring in to play with wanamaker and pridemore.

You absolutely have no ideal what you are talking about. Could someone please explain what this person is trying to say?

QUOTE(Boxanone @ Mar 5 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826400502[/snapback]Who knows if they recruit, who cares, this years team was not really much better than Coalfield and Coalfield would have beat them there. If they had to play Central, OS, and Oneida home and home I doubt they would have been ranked. I am sure those kids will be better next year and just like you say, I bet a big post player will have to surface to add to Slusher and Wannamaker.

First of all we don't and can't recruit because we are division 1.

Second, we beat Coalfield 3 times this season.

Third, we beat teams that have beat Central, OS, and Oneida. We beat AA Union Co. then Union Co. beat Central the next night. We beat Harriman 3 times, and Harriman handed it to OS and beat Oneida as well.

Grace was a good team this year no matter what anyone say's. We surprised a lot of people and yes as you say we will be even better next year since we return everyone. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />