DII state

Trojan Fan

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(stbulldog @ Feb 27 2007 - 01:19 PM) 826391843[/snapback]Everybody is wondering how you can be even for three quarters, but lose the game due to a two point second quarter. Very interesting. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The quarter by quarter scoring was basically even in 3 of the 4 quarters but they outscored us 15-2 in the second.

QUOTE(ashjan44 @ Feb 27 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826391947[/snapback]The quarter by quarter scoring was basically even in 3 of the 4 quarters but they outscored us 15-2 in the second.

So it was even for one quarter and then you got the fire beat out of you and then you couldn't catch up. I got it now. I kinda like how you describe a loss. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(stbulldog @ Feb 27 2007 - 03:44 PM) 826391976[/snapback]So it was even for one quarter and then you got the fire beat out of you and then you couldn't catch up. I got it now. I kinda like how you describe a loss. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Someone told me that DII could be anyone's guess because Webb should be going for their 3rd state title with all the talent they have. Somehow they have managed to lose the last several years even w/ Glory.

I think this could be Webb's year... Glory is such an impact player.

Ensworth is still young, but they sure are good. If they do not win it this year... they could the next two. Very talented team with excellent coaching.

BA has been inconsistent. If their guards are hitting the threes, and Dunlop is getting some good looks inside, they will be tough to beat. The key to beating BA is changing-up the defense every two or three times down the court. Don't let them get in a rythym. Their success has been their ability to go from strong post play to a solid outside game.

The thing with Webb and BA is they have 'stars.' If the 'go to' girls have a bad night, it could change things. Ensworth and JPII seem to be less dependent on a star, and adapt really well defensively. My money is on Webb, but I'd love to see one of the Nashville teams win the Gold ball.

QUOTE(Morton @ Feb 27 2007 - 10:41 PM) 826392537[/snapback]I think this could be Webb's year... Glory is such an impact player.

Ensworth is still young, but they sure are good. If they do not win it this year... they could the next two. Very talented team with excellent coaching.

BA has been inconsistent. If their guards are hitting the threes, and Dunlop is getting some good looks inside, they will be tough to beat. The key to beating BA is changing-up the defense every two or three times down the court. Don't let them get in a rythym. Their success has been their ability to go from strong post play to a solid outside game.

The thing with Webb and BA is they have 'stars.' If the 'go to' girls have a bad night, it could change things. Ensworth and JPII seem to be less dependent on a star, and adapt really well defensively. My money is on Webb, but I'd love to see one of the Nashville teams win the Gold ball.

In the region final Brentwood Academy without Townsend, it could have been Ensworth as the region champ. She has played very well in the games that count. Ensworth will exploit any weaknesses their opposition has. If they come up against a strong man to man defense, they struggle, against a zone they shine. Should be a great tournament. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(hamlet7478 @ Feb 28 2007 - 01:12 PM) 826393402[/snapback]Just in. Webb beats JPII by ~ 17.

Webb won by 15. It was 10 at the half. JPII shot 30% for the game. Glory and dupree played well inside. Their guards turned it over a lot and could hurt them. We just didn't convert their turnovers into points and didn't hit open looks. Good luck to Ensworth and BA.

Lausanne with the 12 point win over Ensworth...appears from the stats that they opened up a lead in the 1st quarter, really extended in the 3rd and cruised home...sets up a heck of a matchup in the semi-finals with Webb w/ the two best teams on that side clearly taking charge today. Anybody that gets to attend that one should be in for a treat.

stat link:

http://tssaa.org/2006Champions/StateGBaske...ionII/Game2.htm

Girls Prep takes a close game at half and steadily pulls away in the 2nd half...especially in the 4th quarter....to beat ECS girls 55-37 spoiling a dynamite effort by ECS guard Leah Leppert who was 9-15 from the field (including a sterling 5-7 from behind the arc) and 5-6 from the line to net 28 of their 37 points. The rest of the ECS team shot 12% from the field (3-25).

Girls Prep only shot 33% from the field themselves but shot the ball 57 times to only 40 for ECS as Girls Prep had 11 steals and caused 22 turnovers and pulled down 42 boards while ECS had only 4 steals and GP only turned it over 14 times and ECS was 16 behind GP on the boards with only 26. GP's 18 offensive rebounds to only 6 for ECS was probably the key stat of the game.

Only the Brentwood/Briarcrest winner is needed to complete the semi-final bracket.

http://tssaa.org/2006Champions/StateGBaske...ionII/Game3.htm