The baseball community has lost a special person....

davidlimbaugh

http://www.newsherald.com/blogs/entry.php?...p;submitted=yes

Wayne Boyd passed away..

Who is Wayne Boyd you ask?

One of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

At Riverdale, we had the privilege of playing in some of Coach Boyd's summer tournaments in

Panama City and enjoying his company and watching his teams play in our 4th of July tournaments.

He did so much for baseball in Panama City, from organizing teams to coaching to even working

part time, along with his wife, to earn money to support the program...

He will be missed.....

Wayne Boyd will truely be missed! I had the absolute pleasure of living across the street from Wayne Boyd for 18 years and my parents are still there. Wayne Boyd was a true friend, mentor, and wonderful ambassador for the game of baseball. I cannot put into words the type of impact he had on my life and the impact he had the many people he came in contact with. If you ever met Wayne you know there was noone like him. The passion he had, not just for baseball, but for life was infectious. Please keep the Boyd family in your prayers as they go through this tough time. Wayne...thanks for the memories, you played a GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!

I have met him the last time we went to panama i did not really know him but what little i talked with him was a lot of fun he was telling some of the guys some stories and was a true delight to talk to we have enjoyed his summer tournaments and hope that someone will continue the tradition he started

may GOD be with his family at this time my prayers go out to them