Oakland vs. Shelbyville: Region 4AAA semi final

basketballfan2003

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826390585[/snapback]split with Oakland and maybe loss at White Co. One of the Blackman losses was at the buzzer on a three. And as far as comparing Shelbyville was 2-2 during the season against Blackman and Riverdale, White Co was 1-3.

I think you went a little to far with the split.....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826390585[/snapback]split with Oakland and maybe loss at White Co. One of the Blackman losses was at the buzzer on a three. And as far as comparing Shelbyville was 2-2 during the season against Blackman and Riverdale, White Co was 1-3.

Well if you are going to compare, Shelbyville lost to Clinton County, Ky in the Mid South Classic Xmas tourney. Then Cookeville{7AAA 7th place team} beat Clinton. Then White County won the tourney over Cookeville by about 30 points.

QUOTE(OaklandGrad @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:39 PM) 826390583[/snapback]So people are predicting an Oakland team to win that on paper should win, since when is that not giving a team any respect?

Maybe Shelbyville is quicker, maybe they arent, its pretty even in my opinion. Oakland has preferred to go uptempo the whole time, so their bigs are used to the uptempo rather than the halfcourt game. I have a ton of respect for Kevin Thomas and I think he is just as good of a coach in this area, what he has done with this team shouldnt be underestimated. However, this Oakland team has been stopped short the past few years, and with these 5 seniors, they will refuse to go down in the regionals again, unless like I said earlier, Shelbyville just plays unbelieveable

Not that they are predicting they will win, but predicting the large margin in which they will win in my opinion is not giving someone the respect due. Yes SCHS will have to play well to win, so will Oakland I think. And it will be hard to stop the determination of those seniors.

QUOTE(85warrior @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:45 PM) 826390596[/snapback]Well if you are going to compare, Shelbyville lost to Clinton County, Ky in the Mid South Classic Xmas tourney. Then Cookeville{7AAA 7th place team} beat Clinton. Then White County won the tourney over Cookeville by about 30 points.

Fluke. Just like if Shelbyville wins tomorrow, right?

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:05 PM) 826390507[/snapback]Uh where are you from? Warren County? Thats what I thought. Nuff said to you. Well then Power I guess the game will be in the 40's or 50's because it will a defensive showdown. And yes Oakland is bigger and longer, BUT Shelbyville IS Quicker. Wait and see. So your bigs better be able to get down the floor. BTW when this program ever gonna get some respect from you boro boys. You guys said the same stuff last year and all they did was take Hamilton to double overtime. Granted No Stewart or Twilley makes a difference but give credit where due. Kevin THomas does as good of job as anybody and there is lots of talent here. (Shelbyville will dominate next year and the year after) But anyways Yeah 8AAA is weaker no denying that. Year in year SCHS competes with the top 7AAA and could finish 1st or 2nd if they were in there with them. And 14 I could give a crap if you went 3-1 against 8AAA. You wouldnt beat us, we'd be 14-0 if we had to.

Your really a HOMER and living in the past. Shelbyville beat Franklin County twice this year by a combined 11 points, You beat Tullahoma by 4 , we beat them by 10, So I don't know HOMER , I think it would be a good game between us. Heck you barely beat Columbia, Coffee County beat Columbia !!!! Oakland might win this game by 30 or so !!!!! 85 was right Shelbyville would have at leasst 5-8 losses in 7aaa.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826390601[/snapback]Not that they are predicting they will win, but predicting the large margin in which they will win in my opinion is not giving someone the respect due. Yes SCHS will have to play well to win, so will Oakland I think. And it will be hard to stop the determination of those seniors.

Honestly, if Oakland played well, I could see a scenario where Oakland wins comfortably, but I doubt that it happens. Shelbyville has to make this game an ugly, low scoring game to win

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826390620[/snapback]Your really a HOMER and living in the past. Shelbyville beat Franklin County twice this year by a combined 11 points, You beat Tullahoma by 4 , we beat them by 10, So I don't know HOMER , I think it would be a good game between us. Heck you barely beat Columbia, Coffee County beat Columbia !!!! Oakland might win this game by 30 or so !!!!! 85 was right Shelbyville would have at leasst 5-8 losses in 7aaa.

Ill pay for your ticket to the regional finals if Oakland were to win by that much, its not going to happen

QUOTE(14pioneers @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826390620[/snapback]Your really a HOMER and living in the past. Shelbyville beat Franklin County twice this year by a combined 11 points, You beat Tullahoma by 4 , we beat them by 10, So I don't know HOMER , I think it would be a good game between us. Heck you barely beat Columbia, Coffee County beat Columbia !!!! Oakland might win this game by 30 or so !!!!! 85 was right Shelbyville would have at leasst 5-8 losses in 7aaa.

Actually if you look further I was looking ahead to the future also. And didnt your DISTRICT CHAMP ONLY BEAT COLUMBIA BY 7. Someone said on here earlier it was hard to beat a team three times and a win is a win is a win come tourney time bud.

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:00 PM) 826390646[/snapback]Actually if you look further I was looking ahead to the future also. And didnt your DISTRICT CHAMP ONLY BEAT COLUMBIA BY 7. Someone said on here earlier it was hard to beat a team three times and a win is a win is a win come tourney time bud.

I said it.....and definitely believe it. I expect a good game. You don't get this far if you are mediocre.

QUOTE(85warrior @ Feb 26 2007 - 07:53 PM) 826390626[/snapback]Fluke? Good excuse. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Actually in all seriousness it was before our young team came together, they are 17-2 since that loss.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:03 PM) 826390657[/snapback]I said it.....and definitely believe it. I expect a good game. You don't get this far if you are mediocre.

I thought it was you. Your the only sane one here, well except for RandyMc. I Agree.