Best AA teams in state?

EMbaseball8

QUOTE(frankiec996 @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826402415[/snapback]USJ is going to make a solid run this year. They really only lost Spencer from last year and they still have a really solid line up with Gant and Liles both still there.

Look for them to do amazing things this year.

and HALFCOURT.... You cant really compare it to basketball because if you are claiming that private schools recruit, look at USJ?s basketball team this year. Im pretty sure they dont lol

USJ's basketball is due more to the multiplier, their district, and playing teams 2-3 times their size. They would have gone deep in single A the past two years. You could also make a case for USJ's football team. If USJ recruits, their recruiting coordinator needs to be fired. Somebody already mentioned this, but it doesn't affect baseball much.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826405355[/snapback]USJ's basketball team would have gone deep in AA last year had 6'7" guard and Utah State signee Brad Brown not moved.

matt86: Do you know who is catching for USJ this year?

The word is Josh will catch when Clayton throws, then be in center the rest of the time. Trey Buckley will probably handle the rest of the duties.

I haven't heard that about Brad Brown - where can I read more about that? He was a huge loss two years ago - he, martindale, kovalic, and torstrick would have been pretty tough to stop last year.

I looked around and couldn't find any articles or anything. He's not on Rivals, but then again Minnesota isn't exactly a hotbed of basketball talent. He has definetley signed though, just ran into Kovalic and he confirmed it. He could be a real sleeper for Utah State once he gets in the weight room. I'm sure they'll do well with him -- that's a quality program. There are not too many 6'7" guards around who can run and shoot like he can.

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 9 2007 - 11:33 AM) 826406167[/snapback]I looked around and couldn't find any articles or anything. He's not on Rivals, but then again Minnesota isn't exactly a hotbed of basketball talent. He has definetley signed though, just ran into Kovalic and he confirmed it. He could be a real sleeper for Utah State once he gets in the weight room. I'm sure they'll do well with him -- that's a quality program. There are not too many 6'7" guards around who can run and shoot like he can.

I totally agree, he has great skill, and like you said, if they can put more weight on him he'll be a great fit for that program. I looked on Utah State's sites and couldn't find anything, but I'll keep looking.

QUOTE(FriendlyFoe @ Mar 9 2007 - 06:35 PM) 826406614[/snapback]I believe Josh will be behind the plate 95% of the time, not just when Clayton Gant pitches.

A source close to the subject indicated you are correct, Josh will catch more than when Gant pitches. Trey is a good catcher already, and will be outstanding with his continued rate of improvement. However, he is just a freshman. If you have an important game, and Josh is available, why not use his experience behind the plate? That way Trey gets to develop at his own pace, no baptism by fire. Good coaching.

QUOTE(JoseWales @ Mar 9 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826406704[/snapback]A source close to the subject indicated you are correct, Josh will catch more than when Gant pitches. Trey is a good catcher already, and will be outstanding with his continued rate of improvement. However, he is just a freshman. If you have an important game, and Josh is available, why not use his experience behind the plate? That way Trey gets to develop at his own pace, no baptism by fire. Good coaching.

Sound like great coaching to me. Josh is a great catcher as well as a center fielder. Trey from what I have heard is developing in to a very good catcher.

For Josh, it just gives him one more tool that major league scouts might consider. They never can find enough catchers.