Oneida

youdontknowme

BOX, for the record I never meant to boost myself or my ego this started with me poking at maxx, I have said many times that I could not coach at the high school level and COACH K is doing a great job. I do know when it's time to shut up and that is now for me. Besides you are from Morgan CO. didn't think you to say anything good about me or Oneida.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Box get of his back man he said it was his take...not what he has been teaching...all though the first year he coached a team to a district championship they was different than the past two seasons, more basketball knowledge, less attitude, probably less athletic, but he taught them what their role was on the team and such. the past two seasons ive seen the teams practice, they would goof off, get in fights and arguments, and im sure coach jeffers didnt like that. He has had a lot of talent here lately, but a bunch of bad attitudes, kids that are all about i. Which is why you haven't seen drawn charges, set screens, and man to man defense is because they goofed in practice and never learned it. I give him props though he has actually turned Oms basketball around the past 3 seasons and now when you see them on your schedule you dont wanna play them. In the past 3 regular seasons of middle school coach jeffers has lost 5 games. In the last two regular seasons he lost 1 game. I dont care what kinda talent he has had, without him i dont see oneida being as good.

So nobody really didnt answer my question towards the first of this topic....How well do you think Oneida will do next basketball season?

QUOTE(killtacular @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826401982[/snapback]Box get of his back man he said it was his take...not what he has been teaching...all though the first year he coached a team to a district championship they was different than the past two seasons, more basketball knowledge, less attitude, probably less athletic, but he taught them what their role was on the team and such. the past two seasons ive seen the teams practice, they would goof off, get in fights and arguments, and im sure coach jeffers didnt like that. He has had a lot of talent here lately, but a bunch of bad attitudes, kids that are all about i. Which is why you haven't seen drawn charges, set screens, and man to man defense is because they goofed in practice and never learned it. I give him props though he has actually turned Oms basketball around the past 3 seasons and now when you see them on your schedule you dont wanna play them. In the past 3 regular seasons of middle school coach jeffers has lost 5 games. In the last two regular seasons he lost 1 game. I dont care what kinda talent he has had, without him i dont see oneida being as good.

So nobody really didnt answer my question towards the first of this topic....How well do you think Oneida will do next basketball season?

High School or Middle?? I heard the High School had some good young players. Central will be rebuilding but we have some good young players so that remains to be seen how they work out with the seniors to support them. Middle School will probably be the same from what I know about Oneida. Central beat them once last year in Middle School and we are losing Jaylon so we will have to see. I have been reading a bunch about Oneida more than I ever knew.

Box you're making me a bit ill.

I'm sure AJ98 would echo this in my time around middle school sports one of the most honorable and overall good guys in the coaching business is Steve J. He has always been an awesome competitor. In coaching you are what your record says you are and Coach J is a pretty darn good coach!

Back off Coach Jeffers a little bit boxanone.

Good Luck Stevie J your a cool guy man /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

GO DOGS!

QUOTE(80sballer @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:24 AM) 826401689[/snapback]gsj, go ahead and crow. I know you have had talent over the past three seasons that other middle school coaches were jealous of, but you and Coach Chambers did the job that was required to win two Area 2 titles and the East TN Sectional State Tourney title. And, from the way things are at Oneida, you won't get too many people to give you the kudos you deserve. In the past four years, you have had more success than any OMS coach that comes to memory (my memory only goes back to the mid 70s). Trebby Hicks had talent and some success when he had the job, was forced to play against the likes of LaFollette, Jacksboro, Jefferson, Clinton, Robertsville, and other large schools in tournament play. Of course, we need to remember, many of the teams that come to "small" school sectional are as much as twice the the size of OMS and you did win the sectional. I have listened to parents, so called "fans", and coaches critique the job you have done. As per the general bad attitude that Oneida has developed and persists, much was negative. This while your teams have lost less than 10 games in the past three seasons. I wish Oneida could have had and will keep "bad" coaches like you. Maybe a state championship is in store for such a poor coach. Thank you for the job you have done and keep up the goodwork.

As I have treid to read through this thread (most of it sickened me) I have been amazed by many of the comments. Max, I have known you since you were in high school. I have followed the OHS b-ball team through the Blackburn, Stewart, Shelton, Hall, Eldridge, Barnes, V. King, and Windle eras. Now, I am getting to enjoy watching Jacob King and the players bring OHS basketball back to a higher level. I have seen you on the sidelines and sometimes at practice, and this year actually try to coach. I have listened to you critique, complain, put down, and defame OHS basketball coaches and players, however I will keep you confidence and never mention names. I've even seen you get a technical on Coach Hall's bench during a tournament game. I was told you said the players of this year's team had never been coached fundamentals in Jr Pro or in middle school during the initial parent meeting this year (insulting many memebers of of the Scott County community, as well as Coach Derek Jeffers and Coach Steve Jeffers). You have talked about players having bad attitudes in this thread. What of your attitude? Maybe you should be doing some soul searching and self-evaluation. I don't know. I do know the things you have spewed over the years have not always been positive for OHS, its coaches, players, or fans. You seem to be fixated on the past. You said Coach King wants to bring OHS b-ball back to like it was in 1996. Why? We should be looking to future and wanting to surpass all previous years. Coach King is on the right path. At times, he has been somewhat immature this year, but has done a great job and I am excited to see what will happen with this team when he has a complete off-season to work with them. But Max, you have hurt Coach King at times this year. And, in some ways you have hurt OHS at times. It appears as though your new found authority as Assistant Coach went straight to your head and turned off the filter between your brain and your mouth. Max, several times through my life I have had to swallow my pride and realize I need to step back and look at the whole picture. Look at myself and say "It is time to shut my mouth and listen and learn." Here is your wake-up call, Max. Step back, shut your mouth, try to evaluate your contributions and see if they are good. I know I am flawed and I only hope you can come to realize that your opinions are just that, YOUR opinions. If you can find that the majority of people agree with your opinions, then by all means I am the idiot spewing garbage without any foundation. I don't believe that is waht you will find.

Good luck to all of the OHS and SHS coaches, students, players, and fans in all sports and activities. Our first goal is supposed about the students having safe and ample oppurtunities to reach their highest in all aspects of life. I don't believe in booing, bad-mouthing, or putting down these student-athletes. Sports are supposed to be fun and educational. Let's make sure we don't take the fun out of it for the kids.

This is my first post on CoachT. It might be my last. I just felt compelled to put this in here. I don't want to offend anyone and what I said I believe in. Max Huff is not a bad person, but I want him to realize some of his mistakes. I believe that is what God desires Christians do. Not to defame, but to help see shortcomings. I have been fortunate to have MANY people point out my shortcomings. Max, I can only hope that you will take this post in the manner I sent, and that is from a desire to see all people improve themselves. In no way do I believe that I am an authority in life or in basketball, but I do believe in what I have poured from heart in this message.

May God Bless You All

80's BALLER, I received a call from a parent about an hour ago to check this out. At first, I was really mad, I signed off to take a fax and now I guess I should answer these comments:

1) Last Friday, I signed off for the last time after receiving some junk from GSJ who I now know is Steve. I know Steve is just messing with me. I have known Steve a long time.

2) I initially got on Coach T do defend Jake. He told me I was crazy for putting my real name so did Bubba. Now I guess I have to state he is right.

3) The parent meeting: you can perceive and hear what you want but I told the parents that our Junior Pro and Middle School and youth teams need to do a better job of coaching fundamentals. (County wide not just Oneida). Oneida and Scott High both have lagged in hoops compared to other counties. I am concerned about Oneida most as you know. That includes me and every basketball mentor so to speak. That comment might have hurt you but all of the coaches at the high school level know this. Evidently you are not one and probably will never be one. I guess the fundamentals comments has became a joke or sore spot at the middle school and lower levels, I am sorry it is not a joke to me. I do not want nor will the Town of Oneida continue to accept mediocrity and you cannot continuously point the finger at the head Oneida Basketball Coach.

4) TECHNICAL: I have never gotten a technical since High School. One game when Gary was coach the bench got a "T" and the ref pointed to Marv; however, I contributed to it so it might be called a "Co-T". The State Tourney Game, I got warned vs. BGA. I also got warned at Wartburg this year after Jake got a T.

5) Hurt Coach King? I don't have a clue what you are talking about. Hurt OHS, well that hurts nor do I have a clue there either. If Jake had an issue he would tell me.

6) Attitude of the player. I guess you forgot that I made a ton of positive statements about a kid who can impact my school. His attitude was no secret to anyone at Oneida High School. My attitude is about having our players improve and further that our goal is Murfreesboro every year if that bothers you then maybe you should go back to Junior Pro. We deal with young teenage men at high school not 8 year olds.

6) "new found authority" "attempts at coaching", FYI I have always had the authority since the mid to early 90's, I just didn't take a JV job or Middle School job (oh you probably were not aware-you missed the memo) due to the my failure to just totally commit. I liked the idea of being there/ not being there. You can call Gary if you like I have his number. Bill and Mark are easy to find. Ask them what my role was? I have had different relationships with all of the coaches. My roles have been different each year. I have supported all of my coaches and the school since I moved back here in 1991. It gravely hurts me for you or anyone else to believe that I have hurt OHS. I have sacrificed a lot in my life since 1991 for the school and the teams, "Floor coaching" now that was new to me. I always had the kids call me Max even this year.

Jake and I committed ourselves to work to put the Oneida team back to 1996 as I referred to in W's and pride in the team and school. We both took a direct attitude. The kids have responded. They are working hard to get better. We are all proud of the work and attitude. No one wanted to end the season this year.

I guess I should take a step back and look. Times have changed. I looked back at what I wrote previous and I directed no digs at anyone. Yes some kids lack some fundamentals but that is no indictment of any one person. Maybe I should back off from helping the High School. I guess I could go to Coach Junior Pro or AAU and pad my coaching resume while I satisfy some "coaching" thirst you think I might have. What in the world do you think I was doing at Oneida in the past? Not floor coaching that was for sure. If I did that, maybe you can help Coach King and share your basketball knowledge and maybe all of your buddies will be happy that I am gone. You can get old mean old max out of the way. You know, I have not been one of these guys following their kids through Jr. Pro, Middle School and involving myself with them through coaching. I was there when I had no kids in the system. I came back to help Jake anyway possible. The ex-players and families, have all called and supported both me and Jake throughout the season ( now when they call me maybe I will think differently after reading your stuff).The majority of people you know-I guess I dont know or at least I didnt know they felt that way about me. Yes Kazam, I was rambling but you know, it hurts that someone thought of me that way and it would you too. I have work to do.

I've found myself at a turning point in my CoachT experience. I used to enjoy talking ball with people from all over the state. However, lately all I've seen is people bashing one another for all kinds of reasons. I don't know about Kaz, Max, gsj or any of the others but it's time for bigdave25 to bow out. I have enjyed the experience, but I wish that this site would be more about encouragement / fun of talking ball and less about what a jerk apparently every coach is. So, I've decided never to post on here again!

Good Luck Coach J, and Kaz, I hope that someday both Oneida and Wartburg could make it to the boro in the same year, That'ld be great. But, right now my plate is way too full for idle gossip and coach bashing. It's time for everyone to go to work to make our teams and respective programs better ....(remember the kids are the program) There are good people in the Middle School program at Oneida on both the boys and girls side let em do their job! I've got to get to work for my kids so I guess this is adios....... /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Bigdave25 is officially off the air!

Sorry I didn't want to stop at 149 posts......so I'm goin for 150 /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

GO DOGS Lets make it happen in the boro /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

There, I'm done! When AJ98 gets to 150 I may go all Michael Jordan and make a comeback! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Bigdave Out!......dang I miss the thumb smiley!

Hey Max, don't take the rambling thing the wrong way.....I actually look forward to your posts. Keep that little guard working on her game, she is slowly but surely begining to make headway. She should end up a joy to watch by the time she is all done. Then again, some magical moments in time she has been a joy to watch right now.

gsj, #20 got to burn a hole in the basket to keep from getting "splinters"! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Ask "Tank" where he gets splinters! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> Hair growing to your butt.......? What else can you come up with?

Kaz

BD25, you can not become a vapor in the wind....... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I, for one, think your opinions are pretty spot on and, while I know you can't sit and hang out at your keyboard all the time, I've come to expect you inclusion into the brotherhood! So don't sign out and leave us hanging.....pop in from time to time to "enlighten" us. Kinda like Max.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Kaz

I started this topic so that people could congatulate this past years team on what they accomplished during the season and since then it has turned into a fight over who's hangs lower.

Kaz, max, gsj, I know all of you, respect all of your opinions, and I know part of the posts are just done in "fun" but to outsiders it just looks like Oneida is crumbling from within. You all know as much as I do that these kids have to be built up not brought down so lets quit arguing with people that aren't from around here and focus on what is most important THE KIDS!!

I hope what you all do is for the kids and I am pretty sure it is.

Have you ever sat back and thought that some of these post might be from people just trying to get a rise out of you? If not just look back at some of them.