Scrimmages at McMinn Central

therock

QUOTE(therock @ Feb 26 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826389936[/snapback]How did the scrimmages at central go last weekend? Who looked good or bad?

Rhea County

Looked good but still need some work on a few things but very promising. The only game we had trouble in was when the freshman and non starters played against polk county. We just could not get the bats going and the wind played havoc with the outfielders. The pitching is getting better and better each day, but had a few set backs on saturday.The other two games were very good games with wins over McMinn Central and Megis County.

Megis County is going to turn some heads this year. They are a very solid ball club this year. Heard they tied McMinn County thursday and gave use a run for our money friday night with out their seniors. Their bats got hot in the end and came close to getting the upset, but Rhea Co. held it together and finished strong on defense.

McMinn Central

Pretty good ball club needs some work like us. Pretty good on defense just need to get the bats going and they will be fine.

Polk County they will be ok. I don't know if they would have played the same, if we played our starters. I believe the out come would have not been the same. But they are very patient at the plate, very selective about pitches, and can rip the ball. Defense they are descent and they can make a the routine plays very well.

McMinn County and Loudon. I didn't get to see much of either But what I did see. Loudon should be very good by the time the regular season rolls around. McMinn well they are lacking the talent like they have had the last few years. I think McMinn and us are going to be pretty even along with most of the district.

Polk beat everyone they played. They beat Loudon 2-0, they beat Mcminn County 11-1, and they beat Rhea County 9-1...pretty good ball club as far as i can see....they also beat Mcminn again Saturday 5-1 and tied Walker Valley 3-3 with Walker pitching Fromm and Driggs. They swing the bats real good. They're gonna turn a lot of heads.

QUOTE(TNexpress @ Mar 4 2007 - 03:03 PM) 826399430[/snapback]Polk beat everyone they played. They beat Loudon 2-0, they beat Mcminn County 11-1, and they beat Rhea County 9-1...pretty good ball club as far as i can see....they also beat Mcminn again Saturday 5-1 and tied Walker Valley 3-3 with Walker pitching Fromm and Driggs. They swing the bats real good. They're gonna turn a lot of heads.

I heard that when they beat McMinn 11-1 they were throwing their #2 and since they tied WV with them throwing #'s 1 & 2, hey you better watch them. They have a great coach and since he has some talent he may be able to do something down in 5-AA.