REGION 1

CoachC47

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville is the best team in the region but, Boone and THS are playing great right now. Science Hill is one year away from being at the top but then again they are a very legitimate threat to surprise THS or Greeneville. Boone's record is very misleading. They have played a very tough schedule and the games they lost were by margines that could have went the other way. It would surprise me if anyone but the Greene Devils won but the parity of the Big 9 this year may give them the advantage this time of year. Greeneville had one scare this year. THS, SHHS, and Boone had to bring their "A" game most of the time in conference play this season.

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 26 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826390112[/snapback]Crumbley set a goal for pts allowed @ 40 and the girls have done a pretty good job of acheiving it with opponents averaging just 35 ppg.

More impressive, aside from the Ladies Classic games - the only teams to score over 40 were Daniel Boone (Both games), Tennessee High and Cocke County. Jefferson County did score 40 in the regular season finale.

I look for Greeneville to win against Boone. I know that Boone has been playing better as of late, but that does not mean that they have enough in the tank to win agains a very sound Greeneville team. I think that boone's game against Tennessee High proved that Boone has not progressed as much as everyone would have hoped. They are a number 3 or 4 team, but they are not the top 1 or 2. Nothing against Daniel Boone, but I don't think they can stop Greeneville's three posts.

Tennessee High will win this game in the fourth quarter. I think that Montgomery will take over and show why she deserved the District 1 MVP. This will be a high scoring game.

QUOTE(bucdaddio @ Feb 26 2007 - 04:07 PM) 826390252[/snapback]The thing about Dickson and Deans is that when I have watched them play this year, you sit there thinking "They're good, but not THAT good", but yet they ALWAYS get it done and get their points and win.

Maybe they just make it look easy.

They have been consistent each and every game. That is what makes them good. They probably don't have the "star" ability that people are thinking about, but they will do the little things to win the ball games. I don't know if there is a better defender on the post in east tennessee than Deans. She will shut her opponent down. Dickson needs to improve and pick up the intensity on deffense. She hustles and gets in the passing lanes, but needs to be better in shutting her opponent down. Greeneville has played good all year. Boone has had their spurts. I think if Greeneville can get up on boone and get them down then they will throw that team mentality out the window.