Moore County/Summertown

Unionvegas

QUOTE(refchaser @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826396736[/snapback]Frothing??? Geeze. You saw it, perhaps, but you were not close enough to detect frothing because there was none. I have apologized to every parent and player there for being a bad role model. I apologized to the authroities and to the administration at that school. I have had many people to thank me for caring so much, but what I did was WRONG and I REGRET it. Just because a person has supporters does not make their actions right. I can not hit the "rewind" button and undo what I did. All I can do is try to do better. I believed our player was fouled. I was upset because she was hurt (torn acl) and the refs refused to call anything. I don't have children of my own, so ALL of them feel like my kids. I always clap for the other team when being introduced, I clap for the other team's cheerleaders when they perform a special dance or routine and I cringe when any player is hurt, just like the rest of you. I am not trying to make myself sound good, just trying to let you know that the shameful action you saw on my part was not what I am about entirely. Please remember that no one is as bad as the worst thing they've ever done. "He who is without sin cast the first stone."

Sounds like you have said all that needs to be said.

Sorry for the young lady. Hope she recovers quickly. ST has had the injury bug crawling all over them this year, and last year.

I have wanted to come out of the stands a few times too. At Lauderdale County (Alabama), I would have if the refs had reacted to what I said to them. Thank the good lord they didn't.

You have said all you can say. Everyone can just move on now. They really have no choice. As far as being a good or bad roll model, I think you have just set the example for all to follow. Everyone will mess up. A good roll model says I am sorry when they mess up. At least that is what Jesus says.

Take care and good luck in the future.

PS. You have to admit, if you did have kids, and they had a video of you coming out of the stands, it would be like gold to them. My kids would kill for something like that to hold over me. I would never be able to live it down. Right now you are a little embarrassed, a little mad, a little frustrated, and very very concerned about the young lady (for which I thank you very much). 5 years from now you will laugh about your actions and your hubby will make fun of you for it. Take care of yourself and thanks for supporting the girls on your team so well.

By the way, it will be $500 for this session!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Is that not what a PSY. charges?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(refchaser @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:45 AM) 826396736[/snapback]Frothing??? Geeze. You saw it, perhaps, but you were not close enough to detect frothing because there was none. I have apologized to every parent and player there for being a bad role model. I apologized to the authroities and to the administration at that school. I have had many people to thank me for caring so much, but what I did was WRONG and I REGRET it. Just because a person has supporters does not make their actions right. I can not hit the "rewind" button and undo what I did. All I can do is try to do better. I believed our player was fouled. I was upset because she was hurt (torn acl) and the refs refused to call anything. I don't have children of my own, so ALL of them feel like my kids. I always clap for the other team when being introduced, I clap for the other team's cheerleaders when they perform a special dance or routine and I cringe when any player is hurt, just like the rest of you. I am not trying to make myself sound good, just trying to let you know that the shameful action you saw on my part was not what I am about entirely. Please remember that no one is as bad as the worst thing they've ever done. "He who is without sin cast the first stone."

Well, I have to say, you served as a pretty good rold model to me...in fact I can recall having numerous conversations with you about basketball and everything else both while I was on the team and even now since I have graduated. They'll forget what ya did and be bashing the next person again in a few weeks, so no worries! You could have went out there and shook the refs hands and then they would have been talking about how you were brown nosing the refs, people just need something to talk about.

-Jaco

QUOTE(ladyeagle @ Mar 3 2007 - 11:44 AM) 826398236[/snapback]Well, I have to say, you served as a pretty good rold model to me...in fact I can recall having numerous conversations with you about basketball and everything else both while I was on the team and even now since I have graduated. They'll forget what ya did and be bashing the next person again in a few weeks, so no worries! You could have went out there and shook the refs hands and then they would have been talking about how you were brown nosing the refs, people just need something to talk about.

-Jaco

Jake, you KNOW how much we love you. Your post means a lot to me! Thank you...and you know our phone lines and home are open to you anytime! Jamie, I am not sure I have met you, but thanks for what you said. You are right; I am embarrassed by what I did and am ashamed. I am 45 years old yet when I see my Mother's number on caller ID, I cringe, because I am worried that someone has told HER! She raised me better than that and I need to act like it. Thank you both for your posts; you have no idea what they mean to me. Hugs!

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826397045[/snapback]Sounds like you have said all that needs to be said.

Sorry for the young lady. Hope she recovers quickly. ST has had the injury bug crawling all over them this year, and last year.

I have wanted to come out of the stands a few times too. At Lauderdale County (Alabama), I would have if the refs had reacted to what I said to them. Thank the good lord they didn't.

You have said all you can say. Everyone can just move on now. They really have no choice. As far as being a good or bad roll model, I think you have just set the example for all to follow. Everyone will mess up. A good roll model says I am sorry when they mess up. At least that is what Jesus says.

Take care and good luck in the future.

PS. You have to admit, if you did have kids, and they had a video of you coming out of the stands, it would be like gold to them. My kids would kill for something like that to hold over me. I would never be able to live it down. Right now you are a little embarrassed, a little mad, a little frustrated, and very very concerned about the young lady (for which I thank you very much). 5 years from now you will laugh about your actions and your hubby will make fun of you for it. Take care of yourself and thanks for supporting the girls on your team so well.

By the way, it will be $500 for this session!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Is that not what a PSY. charges?

Just light your pipe, Doc, and put it on my tab! Thank you for a very diplomatic and funny post...you have me giggling! I needed that!

QUOTE(coach_mac @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:18 AM) 826391245[/snapback]I dont believe the girl was fouled her shot blocked yes fouled no. she had to have come down wrong on her ankle or something because after she got up she wouldnt walk on her right leg as they helped her into the locker room. Along with her coming down wrong she was taking the last shot which would have won them the game so she was probably upset also that her season had just ended. It was a sad way to end the game for the Summertown girls much less needing to see that woman rave across the floor like that. Good hard fault game by both teams and good luck to Moore Co. on their road to state.

I was there and have watched the replay several times. She was not only fouled but fouled badly. Blocking a shot does not mean that a player can fall into the shooter's arm and head, then slide under them knocking them off their feet. A completely severed ACL, surgery and months of rehab prove more than just coming down on her feet wrong. You are right even though you meant "fought" that it was a hard FAULT game...lots of faults...on the part of the refs! I know no one is perfect and we should not expect refs to be perfect, but this habit they have gotten into about running off when there are still seconds ticking has got to stop. They don't fail to call fouls (technicals) before a game even begins, so why are they excused on the last few seconds? (Don't answer, it is a rhetorical question).

QUOTE(refchaser @ Mar 6 2007 - 06:32 AM) 826401746[/snapback]I was there and have watched the replay several times. She was not only fouled but fouled badly. Blocking a shot does not mean that a player can fall into the shooter's arm and head, then slide under them knocking them off their feet. A completely severed ACL, surgery and months of rehab prove more than just coming down on her feet wrong. You are right even though you meant "fought" that it was a hard FAULT game...lots of faults...on the part of the refs! I know no one is perfect and we should not expect refs to be perfect, but this habit they have gotten into about running off when there are still seconds ticking has got to stop. They don't fail to call fouls (technicals) before a game even begins, so why are they excused on the last few seconds? (Don't answer, it is a rhetorical question).

If you go back and look at the posts, Moore County is a very dirty team. Teams have been complaining all year.

Refchaser, I for one, am proud of you! You did what a lot of people felt like doing at the time! And no matter what certain people, who think they know everything, say it was NOT a tasteless. To me, your action showed support beyond belief. I think it is tasteless for people to pass judgement on players as well as their fans. That game was so upsetting to many people, even more so since someone got hurt. Your actions were justified completely. I am glad that there is someone out there who is willing to show emotion and challenge what happens as apposed to people who just make rash and meaningless comments about things. Thanks again for showing that you care about the girls.

refchser maybe you should practice what you preach. A few months ago when you were under scrutiny you made the comment and I quote--

"I was raised in a home, although not perfect, in it we were taught that adults should take the high road." And if I saw you running after me I would run to the locker room, call security, and lock the doors also. Chasing the refs off the court is not taking the high road.

refchser maybe you should practice what you preach.

Oh please, give me a break. Are you here to talk about girls basketball or criticize every little thing fans do and say? If you will take the time to go back a page and read what refchaser said..you'd know that she recognizes that she's not perfect * nor does she claim to be* and oh my..she even apologizes for what she did. Could that possible mean that she has come to grips with what happened? I think so....but since you are the high authority on pointing out what people say and do..please do enlighten us all on how to never mess up or contradict ourselves. Thanks.

QUOTE(soccergal27 @ Mar 7 2007 - 11:12 PM) 826404301[/snapback]Oh please, give me a break. Are you here to talk about girls basketball or criticize every little thing fans do and say? If you will take the time to go back a page and read what refchaser said..you'd know that she recognizes that she's not perfect * nor does she claim to be* and oh my..she even apologizes for what she did. Could that possible mean that she has come to grips with what happened? I think so....but since you are the high authority on pointing out what people say and do..please do enlighten us all on how to never mess up or contradict ourselves. Thanks.

Oh Please. The woman does something so incredibly stupid and then goes to a public forum to discuss her comical deeds. Was that her a few years ago at another Region tourney chase the refs off the court or another large blonde woman from Summertown? And yes, I will call things to your attention when you enter a public forum and attempt to explain things away. So let me enlighten you about this. When you do something really stupid DO NOT GO TO A PUBLIC FORUM AND WRITE ABOUT IT. Expect some feedback.

QUOTE(sinjin @ Mar 8 2007 - 06:45 PM) 826405364[/snapback]Oh Please. The woman does something so incredibly stupid and then goes to a public forum to discuss her comical deeds. Was that her a few years ago at another Region tourney chase the refs off the court or another large blonde woman from Summertown? And yes, I will call things to your attention when you enter a public forum and attempt to explain things away. So let me enlighten you about this. When you do something really stupid DO NOT GO TO A PUBLIC FORUM AND WRITE ABOUT IT. Expect some feedback.

Well for one thing, the "Large blonde woman" has a name. It is rather tacky to refer to her like you do. If you don't want to use her name, fine..don't use it, but at least have some respect for how you talk about people. And big flippin deal if that was her a few years ago. She is a fan..probably one of the best fans out there. My gosh if one of my girls had been fouled like that...you better believe I would have been out on the court in a heart beat too. And I don't see anywhere on here where she tried to explain it away. She apologized...I trust you know what that means. She made comments to those who were willing to forgive her..even make light of the situation. Finally, what I expect to find on here...a sports website..are scores, highlights of plays, ect.... not personal attacks on fans. I know I have come in here and made a personal statement, so yes I am a hypocrit...I'm sure you can supply me with a quote from one of my previous posts...so please, by all means, point out how I am a hypocrit and I will acknowledge it. And it is not in YOUR place to judge people. The worlds full of people who have nothing better to do than to nit-pick...we don't need anymore. So thank you for enlightening me...I feel so much better about myself and my mistakes. I'll be sitting here anxiously awaiting your feedback for my stupid post