Temple vs. Arts & Sciences

Natural_Gas

I thought this game was played how I thought it would have been played during the regular season. The chemistry and experience of Temple vs the speed and athletism of CSAS. The defense was great for both teams which made for seemingly sloppy play but for people who know basketball this was a good game played by both teams. Refs were a little inconsistent but I thought for the most part they let the teams play. I do wish there were neutral refs from another region calling the game though. That said, good win by Temple and good showing for CSAS. Temple should win their matchup w/ Friendship and IF CSAS can go to Picket and survive the long road trip and the initial culture shock they should be ok also. I see both teams going to 'boro from 3A. Good Luck to both!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CSAS played well defensively, very athletic and quick, scrappy, emotional, and streaky, could give pickett a game or could get destroyed....

Are you a Temple fan? When you say destryoyed, then you are saying that Temple would be 8-10 points away from being "destroyed" by Pickett as well if they had to play them again? Not sure what you are saying?

CSAS played well defensively, very athletic and quick, scrappy, emotional, and streaky, could give pickett a game or could get destroyed....

Are you a Temple fan? When you say destryoyed, then you are saying that Temple would be 8-10 points away from being "destroyed" by Pickett as well if they had to play them again? Not sure what you are saying?

QUOTE(global98 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:40 AM) 826396609[/snapback]CSAS played well defensively, very athletic and quick, scrappy, emotional, and streaky, could give pickett a game or could get destroyed....

No i am not a temple fan, I do follow them because of their success, CSAS knows temple because they have played them 3 times.... CSAS is good enough to play with pickett....however, pickett beat temple and CSAS knows nothing about, and has never played pickett, and look what happened the first couple times CSAS played Temple!!!

QUOTE(global98 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:40 AM) 826396609[/snapback]CSAS played well defensively, very athletic and quick, scrappy, emotional, and streaky, could give pickett a game or could get destroyed....

No i am not a temple fan, I do follow them because of their success, CSAS knows temple because they have played them 3 times.... CSAS is good enough to play with pickett....however, pickett beat temple and CSAS knows nothing about, and has never played pickett, and look what happened the first couple times CSAS played Temple!!!

If CSAS plays Pickett County with the same hustle they played Temple last night then they can pull off a win. Make no mistake about it that Pickett is a good team but CSAS proved last night that they are worthy. Temple's loss to Pickett had more to do with hometown referees then basketball. Temple was leading in the fourth but the officials began to chalk up stupid T's and other nonsense fouls. I just hope that CSAS's starters don't have to try and match up against 8 instead of 5.

I would love to see CSAS and Temple match up in the championship game in Murfreesboro.

I thought this game was played how I thought it would have been played during the regular season. The chemistry and experience of Temple vs the speed and athletism of CSAS. The defense was great for both teams which made for seemingly sloppy play but for people who know basketball this was a good game played.

I don't see how you could say Temple played a good game. They were very sloppy on offense. It did not seem like a sloppy game it was a sloppy game. I will give some credit to the defense played by CSAS, but Temple was very lazy with their passes. They also did not meet the pass which led to a lot of turnovers. Their first half press break was awful as far as trying to throw the ball in bounds. They did not adjust this until the second half by bringing Skogen down the middle to receive the inbounds pass. Defensively in the first half they kept going for head fakes when CSAS had not even put up an outside shot let alone make one. They let them get to them rim way to many times.

Everyone says this was a great defensive game and then refers to the low score. I don't think it was that great a defensive game. I thought it was a really sloppy game. You could also tell Temple has not had many close games because they really tightened up as CSAS got closer on that run in the fourth quarter.

QUOTE(19591959 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826396717[/snapback]I don't see how you could say Temple played a good game. They were very sloppy on offense. It did not seem like a sloppy game it was a sloppy game. I will give some credit to the defense played by CSAS, but Temple was very lazy with their passes. They also did not meet the pass which led to a lot of turnovers. Their first half press break was awful as far as trying to throw the ball in bounds. They did not adjust this until the second half by bringing Skogen down the middle to receive the inbounds pass. Defensively in the first half they kept going for head fakes when CSAS had not even put up an outside shot let alone make one. They let them get to them rim way to many times.

Everyone says this was a great defensive game and then refers to the low score. I don't think it was that great a defensive game. I thought it was a really sloppy game. You could also tell Temple has not had many close games because they really tightened up as CSAS got closer on that run in the fourth quarter.

Good defense makes offense look bad & sloppy. Defensively CSAS forced Temple into 25 turnovers for the game. Defensively, CSAS missed point blank layups after driving to the paint. You could only think that it took alot for CSAS' guards to penetrate and Temple's strength & resilience wore them down as the game went on. This was a good matchup for the Regional Championship. It gave Temple a good test before the state (which they haven't had many this year) and it was good for CSAS' confidence and my opinion that Pickett is a similar team to Temple just with fewer weapons.