Best catchers in Middle TN

redbaron515

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say Leigh Beasley from Forrest. She is one of many outstanding players on the team. She has spent many hours training at Club K. She had two doubles and an RBI in the Distric 11A Championship game against Richland. Leigh also has great leadership skills and communicates very well with the other players. Not to mention she's only a sophmore and has two more years to help this team.

Lauren Manna for Hume-Fogg is a great catcher. And yes...that position is overlooked when it comes to accolades. I do believe 'catcher' is the most difficult position to play, and the one of the most underrated in level of difficulty.

My hat is doffed to anyone who plays that position, and plays it well, as in the case of Lauren Manna.

To say the best is putting quite a bit on the line. Definetly one of the best is Amy Hale of Mount Juliet High School. Amy started as a freshman at third only relieving the senior catcher occasionally in tournament play. She has seldom looked back since then. She has called every pitch without help from her coach. She has a good mind for the game. Amy is a threat with a bat in her hand and has been since she was a freshman. She will be attending Austin Peay in the fall. She deserves consideration for one of the best.

Sophomore Audrey Goolsby of Smith County is the best I have seen setting up, blocking the ball and plate. She calls pitches very well, considering she is only a sophomore. Ringlestein has the best arm of anyone I have ever seen behind the plate. They both are tough as nails. I would take either one of them.

Guest jenson37

My vote for most talented catcher goes to Ciara Farr of Watertown. She is an eighth grader and starts for the high school team. She has the best arm I have ever seen on a girl that young. Look out scouts!!

Guest woody1

my vote goes also to ciarra farr from watertown,as a eighth grader starting at the high school level shes by far the best ive seen.this young lady can do it all,she can hit,field and boy can she throw.scouts get ready for this one you all will be fighting over her in afew years.