Best catchers in Middle TN

redbaron515

Admittedly, I have not seen very many ganes outside of district 8AAA, but this district alone gives me a lot to reference by and I would have to say that Corey Curlee from Shelbyville has to be one of the best catchers around. I do not know any exact stats but I have seen her throw out more girls at second than made it safely. I have seen numerous collisions at the plate (probaly more than she would have liked) and have yet to see her drop the ball. She began really hitting with power the last portion of the season.

But, in my mind, what really sets her apart from others is her ability to call a ballgame. Toni Jensen was selected Pitcher of the Year from the district and I believe she will be the first to tell you that Corey played a big part in receiving the award. The first game I saw them play I kept looking to the dugout to see what pitches the Coach may be calling, but soon found out that there were none. Corey decides, along with Toni of course, all the pitches and their location and this astounded me that this was happening as you really don't see this very much at any level, even pro baseball. Toni's number of strikeouts will reflect that Corey definitely knows what she is doing.

I know this was a long post and I'm sure there are many, many girls out there that are deserving of mention in this thread, but I just wanted to put in my $.02 worth on something I truly believe.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chigger

In single A its gotta be Jennifer Markum of Davidson Academy. In triple AAA the catcher of the future is Amber Warren of Beech, what a player!!

[Edited by chigger on 5/24/02 4:46P]

Guest Wlm12

ciarra farr of watertown deserves a spot in this category. she is only in the eighth grade but she is by far one of the most athletic girls around. She batted leadoff with an average well close to .500 with close to a hundred and twenty plate appearances. this girl can really play, you could put her anywhere and she would perform. her athletic ability and personality put her far above girls her own age. Congrats ci for a great year and i look forward to watching you develop into the player you are capable of becoming

Guest chigger

rebaron515, I would have to say, I've seen this girl for several years now, I've watched the way she has matured and her savy for the game.I will agree that she has a lot to learn, however, at this stage of her career she has ALL the right tools.Bar any injuries,she could be one of the best.

[Edited by chigger on 5/29/02 8:22P]

Guest chigger

coachhard, Lori is a good catcher and I'm happy that she signed with APSU. I hope this is taken constructively. Lori needs to work hard on her positive attitude, whether behind the plate or as a batter. Lori has a great personality and her energy is contagious. However she tends to look for blame when something doesn't go her way.