Referee stops game for leg cramp

SNIPER

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girl in question is a very hard player. She has sustained several serious injuries in her years of play because of her intensity. I think you have to be careful not to beat a dead horse here. No one should imply this was staged somehow. Indian stated this earlier. The play in question was not an uncontested layup...there is no guarantee the offense would have scored. There are a lot of "what ifs" on both sides...no calls on obvious fouls. The list could go on.The game is over and Seq needs to focus on Upperman. Even as a MC fan, I enjoyed the closeness of the game last night. Seq is a good team and I wish them the best with Upperman.

Round here when a ref gets tired he usually calls a foul or something to slow this thing down a little........opps....sorry, you weren't talkin' about a ref was you. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 1 2007 - 05:25 PM) 826395468[/snapback]I probably wouldn't have replied, except I thought it needed to be explained where she was on the court. Upperman is the focus now, they're working on what needed to be corrected from last night but they understand there's another opponent Saturday.

Best of luck...I have the upmost respect for Seq girls.

The players know or know of each other, that helped make things that much more even, I thought. They played three or four times in playdays or camps last summer or before the season, I believe. I would not be surprised at all to see McMinn Central win Saturday. Of course, there's no good ball played outside the midstate, everyone knows that /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(SNIPER @ Mar 1 2007 - 03:42 PM) 826395296[/snapback]Question???? Have you ever heard of this?

Sequatchie is driving to the hole, a Mcminn player grabs her calf and cryes, the Referee calls a time out. Have you ever? Nobody can stop the play for a calf cramp, can they? But the Referee did, just as they were driving in for a layup. The Referee that was bald on top I think had to many friends on the McMinn side that he was talking to, thats the side I was on, and I thought He was pushing it just a little bite trying to call the game and visit.

But now get this, their in the 4th quarter everything is neck and neck, and Sequatchie is driving to the hole for a layup and he stopes the game for a leg cramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sniper, with all due respect, if you'd been following high school basketball long enough, you would know that referees from region tournaments must come from different regions than the one they are officiating. Therefore, I don't see how the ref could have been friends with any of the MC fans. FWIW, the bald guy called two very questionable charges on our best player and region and district tourney MVP. Maybe he was trying to cover up his friendship. I've seen several games stopped this year for injury.

QUOTE(Oscar @ Mar 1 2007 - 05:49 PM) 826395501[/snapback]Where can I find that rule?????

It doesn't matter. It wasn't a fast break. The play was in the half court. Although the Sequatchie girl was beginning to drive toward the basket, the lane definitley wasn't wide open for an uncontested layup or anything.

QUOTE(McMinn Central Maniac @ Mar 1 2007 - 05:06 PM) 826395523[/snapback]Sniper, with all due respect, if you'd been following high school basketball long enough, you would know that referees from region tournaments must come from different regions than the one they are officiating. Therefore, I don't see how the ref could have been friends with any of the MC fans. FWIW, the bald guy called two very questionable charges on our best player and region and district tourney MVP. Maybe he was trying to cover up his friendship. I've seen several games stopped this year for injury.

It doesn't matter. It wasn't a fast break. The play was in the half court. Although the Sequatchie girl was beginning to drive toward the basket, the lane definitley wasn't wide open for an uncontested layup or anything.

I know......my point, there is no such rule (TSSAA basketball rule)

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 1 2007 - 06:22 PM) 826395550[/snapback]It's likely just the referee's discretion, same as there's no absolute for when to give a technical or let it go, etc. We may not have liked it but I don't think anybody is trying to say it cost the game.

That was a very tightly contested and exciting game last night. I think the one thing that McMinn Central did better than Tellico against your girls was post defense on #40 (Ledord??). I think McCaslin (#35) especially did a good job of holding her position and challenging her shot in the post.