Referee stops game for leg cramp

SNIPER

If anything there should be a rule saying that if a player is hurt that the game stops immediately. I doubt many coach would think it was a bad rule. (I'm saying if it looks like a severe inury).

Tonight a kid from Wartburg had his head busted open and was bleeding all over the place away from the ball. The refs let the play continue and Harriman scored a fast break basket. Harriman won by one in double overtime.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not at this game, so I don't know how it all went down but here is my experience with this:

If a player goes down with an injury a ref is to:

a) not blow a whistle until the kids mother is crying over top of their contorted body

B.) only blow the whistle if it favors the higher ranked team

c) blow the whistle just before the players team, that is down by one, hits a three point shot. Thus disallowing the shot.

d) only blow the whistle after the players coach runs out and steals the ball from the opposing team. This usually is after the opposing team gets three shots, and is scrambing for the ball over top of the injured player. (I have to admit to doing this one once, and getting T'd up for it....it is only a game after all)

d.5) when he realizes that the prospective tourney MVP can't get her 20th layup if the injured player is not removed from the lane.

Seriously though, Refs discretion. And we all know that this is usually not a good thing. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(goosevol @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:35 AM) 826396415[/snapback]If anything there should be a rule saying that if a player is hurt that the game stops immediately. I doubt many coach would think it was a bad rule. (I'm saying if it looks like a severe inury).

ohhhhhhhhhh, you do NOT want this rule. This is badbadbad. My own kid, god bless her, is a certifiable drama queen. nuts Im tellin ya. Give her a rule like this, and she would make you think she took a 2x4 off the back of her head, just to make sure that the girl who just blew by her didnt get an easy layup.

You so thoroughly don't want this rule.

QUOTE(Bobcat Goldwaith @ Mar 1 2007 - 06:13 PM) 826395342[/snapback]Safety of the kids comes 1st !!

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:41 AM) 826396530[/snapback]You dont stop an offensive possession for a defensive players injury unless it life threatening

Safety first. I believe they stop it if there are other players around the "injured" player. So that they do not get stepped on or someone does not trip over them.

QUOTE(SNIPER @ Mar 1 2007 - 02:42 PM) 826395296[/snapback]Question???? Have you ever heard of this?

Sequatchie is driving to the hole, a Mcminn player grabs her calf and cryes, the Referee calls a time out. Have you ever? Nobody can stop the play for a calf cramp, can they? But the Referee did, just as they were driving in for a layup. The Referee that was bald on top I think had to many friends on the McMinn side that he was talking to, thats the side I was on, and I thought He was pushing it just a little bite trying to call the game and visit.

But now get this, their in the 4th quarter everything is neck and neck, and Sequatchie is driving to the hole for a layup and he stopes the game for a leg cramp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didnt Sequatchie lose by three? Ok. Lets give Sequatchie those 2 points back. Now they only lost by 1. Satisfied?

Nobody from Sequatchie talked about this for a day, if I looked at the posts right. This was more a discussion of the rule than anyone complaining, especially by people who weren't at the game and didn't know where the girl was on the court-away from the action. Sequatchie had to foul with about five seconds left and McMinn Cent made two to make it a three point game. Sequatchie might have been up one instead of down one, with McMinn Cent fouling late instead of Sequatchie but who knows. When neither team leads by more than four the entire game there's all sorts of things that could have made a difference. I still have to ask anyone who thinks it was a good decision, would it have been good with three seconds left and either team about to score a winning shot.

QUOTE(jimbo44 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:07 PM) 826397650[/snapback]If you stop play, then make the kid sit out until the next dead ball. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

She did go out and if she was faking her future isn't in basketball....it's in soap operas.

I think everybody has said all that needs to be said on this....especially with big games to worry about tonight. Just so nobody has to guess I'm going to close it so we can move on.

Good luck Sequatchie Co. and McMinn Central tonight!

DL.