Sycamore cant beat Harpeth

QUOTE(Big Country @ Mar 2 2007 - 01:44 AM) 826396434[/snapback]I started doing the radio as a volunteer color commentator for a guy named Richard Garza back in the fall of 2003 when I transferred from UT-Martin to APSU.

Hey BC, Is he any kin to Doug Garza?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HARPETHBASKETBALLCHAMP @ Mar 2 2007 - 05:47 AM) 826396460[/snapback]Okay Lets get real First of all Harris can't shoot the ball without taking a squat. Peirre is not good enough for D1 I will bet alot of money on that! Austin is a show boat..... And who knows about the other players on the floor. Its like my Coach said most of the talent and shooters stay on the bench for Sycamore thats why we beat you every time. And as far as your coach goes Ha. Coach W said if he would spend more time coaching instead of yelling at the players and assistant coaches he might get something done. LOL we were in his head so bad he was stomping his little foot and screaming at players who weren't even in the game, and not to mention the little assistant coach that gets screamed at the whole game but is to scared to take up for himself. Anyway maybe next year but let me tell you this I have played with thse guys at Sycamore before if he starts Nicholson,Anderson,Dimpsey along with two other guys that can shoot they may not be beat. Oh well losers see you next year!

austin-showboat??

pierre-not good??

hahaha /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

whats your name son?

QUOTE(HARPETHBASKETBALLCHAMP @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:03 PM) 826397126[/snapback]Just call me District MVP

The District MVP would not get on here and make ridiculous statements such as these. I also don't think Coach W would appreciate you making asinine comments and attributing them to him. You and lilman(probably the same idiot) should grow up and stop acting like 3rd graders. If you guys want to play basketball then do it. If you don't or simply aren't capable(probably the latter), then keep your negativity to yourself and support the guys who put in the long hours and hard work to represent their respective schools. And BC - YOU DO A GREAT JOB AND I FOR ONE HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO GENERATE INTEREST IN AND PUBLICITY FOR ALL OF THE STUDENT-ATHLETES IN 11AA! DESPITE FOOLS LIKE HBCHUMP AND LILMAN ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE APPRECIATES WHAT YOU DO.

HARPETHBASKETBALLCHAMP could not possibly be the District MVP. I know Scott Newton personally and he is way too classy to post something demeaning to another student-athlete. In fact, it is disturbing to think that he is being misrepresented because the kid is a class act and would never lower himself to that level. It is unfortunate that someone would start a new screen name (3 posts) hiding behind a name that would indicate that they are a Harpeth player, that's low.

QUOTE(aj1133 @ Mar 2 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826397175[/snapback]HARPETHBASKETBALLCHAMP could not possibly be the District MVP. I know Scott Newton personally and he is way too classy to post something demeaning to another student-athlete. In fact, it is disturbing to think that he is being misrepresented because the kid is a class act and would never lower himself to that level. It is unfortunate that someone would start a new screen name (3 posts) hiding behind a name that would indicate that they are a Harpeth player, that's low.

Coach Wilson doesnt like his players on Coacht anyways, and I know that Scott Newton would not act like an idiot for a kick. You dont have to act like an idiot, just so people will like you.

Congratulations to Scott Newton and Chase Baker for signing today with Bryans College. NAIA, in Dayton, Tennessee. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(HHSnumber1fan @ Mar 2 2007 - 06:43 PM) 826397452[/snapback]Coach Wilson doesnt like his players on Coacht anyways, and I know that Scott Newton would not act like an idiot for a kick. You dont have to act like an idiot, just so people will like you.

Congratulations to Scott Newton and Chase Baker for signing today with Bryans College. NAIA, in Dayton, Tennessee. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I did not know that. Congrats to both of those young men /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I usually just observe the boards but I had to say something today. Actually, a few things...

1) Big Country - thank you for covering our county sports on the radio...you're doing a great job...keep it up! By the way, I commend you...your posts are always fair and usually quite accurate. It's obvious you know a lot.

2) Haters who are just on here trying to start trouble should get a life!

3) Harpeth and Sycamore both had good teams this year with great players on both sides, but I think Sycamore will beat Harpeth next year, #1 reason, Pierre!

4) Pierre Mitchell is all the way D-1...Some verified facts: His first year playing varsity ball and he is a top rebounder, assister, blocker, and stealer. The most unselfish raw-talented player that played in middle TN this year and a big key to the success Sycamore has had this year, even though they had a lot of good players. Pierre defended all the other teams best offensive players and held them to easily half of what they averaged. Talk to his opponents...he's the number one defender they don't want to see. Even with being defensively focused and with playing time a little more than half the game, still managed to average 9 points a game. Usually the guy he defended got less. Nobody else is doing it all across the board like he is. Oh yeah, and he defended Newton the district MVP in the district title game and Pierre even out scored him...unmatched first year player accomplishments. With another year under his belt the kid is going to be phenomenal. Oh, and I didn't even mention the NBA Dunk Contest caliber dunking ability he has...NASTY! But all that being said, Pierre is unselfish to a fault and way too modest. You can tell he doesn't even know how good he is. He needs to recognize his ability in order to dominate the game next year and hopefully he will work on his free throws this summer because fouling him is going to be the opponents only prayer.

5) Austin Lohin is one of the most intense hard-nosed players that played on any team this year. His intensity and determination on the football field and basketball court were so fun to watch. I'm going to miss that and so will all the rest of the fans. He brought it every night, everything he had, and I know the opponents hated to see him coming because he was impossible to stop. Austin was the only person who could stop Austin. Anybody who knows anything about sports and competing will have great respect for this young man. Does anybody know what his plans are after graduation? College...Football or basketball?

6) Speaking of fun to watch...Coach Froedden is fun to watch. He's so intense...If he could instill some of his intensity in all of his players, they would go much further. It's obvious he loves his guys and they love him. I wouldn't let the divisive comments work. They are clearly intended to try to get the Sycamore team to self-destruct by turning coaches and players on each other. It seems like some Harpeth fans or players are more than a little worried about the Sycamore TEAM they will have to face next year. Hopefully, Sycamore can see through that. Sycamore, stick together boys and the division is yours!

7) Murray Harris...Point blank...what a shot!...it was deadly accurate. Let's be honest....All you players wish you could shoot like him and opposing fans, you hated to see him shoot. Any player would be thrilled to death to be able to shoot like Murray...thrilled! Murray...is he in the valedictorian race? If so, that is awesome.

8) I am a big Sycamore fan but I like to see all the county teams do well...let's keep it clean, fair, tough-nosed competition. No reason to hate...Harpeth, Congratulations. You guys did an awesome job beating Sycamore 3 or 4 times this year...hat's off to you. I think you had the loudest fans in the district...Besides good players, I believe your fans were the x-factor in your success. I hope you appreciate them. Hopefully, the Sycamore fans learned something from yours. But nonetheless, I believe Sycamore will avenge those losses next year...Who knows what will happen the year after that. It is fun to speculate, fun to watch, and really a great thing when all the Cheatham County teams have winning seasons. Winning is fun, but the better the competition, the more fun it is! Hopefully, we provide each other tough enough competition in our district next year so that we can all be more successful in going further. Next year will be fun...can't wait!!!! Good luck to all.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

QUOTE(Sumthin2Say @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:46 PM) 826397618[/snapback]I usually just observe the boards but I had to say something today. Actually, a few things...

1) Big Country - thank you for covering our county sports on the radio...you're doing a great job...keep it up! By the way, I commend you...your posts are always fair and usually quite accurate. It's obvious you know a lot.

2) Haters who are just on here trying to start trouble should get a life!

3) Harpeth and Sycamore both had good teams this year with great players on both sides, but I think Sycamore will beat Harpeth next year, #1 reason, Pierre!

4) Pierre Mitchell is all the way D-1...Some verified facts: His first year playing varsity ball and he is a top rebounder, assister, blocker, and stealer. The most unselfish raw-talented player that played in middle TN this year and a big key to the success Sycamore has had this year, even though they had a lot of good players. Pierre defended all the other teams best offensive players and held them to easily half of what they averaged. Talk to his opponents...he's the number one defender they don't want to see. Even with being defensively focused and with playing time a little more than half the game, still managed to average 9 points a game. Usually the guy he defended got less. Nobody else is doing it all across the board like he is. Oh yeah, and he defended Newton the district MVP in the district title game and Pierre even out scored him...unmatched first year player accomplishments. With another year under his belt the kid is going to be phenomenal. Oh, and I didn't even mention the NBA Dunk Contest caliber dunking ability he has...NASTY! But all that being said, Pierre is unselfish to a fault and way too modest. You can tell he doesn't even know how good he is. He needs to recognize his ability in order to dominate the game next year and hopefully he will work on his free throws this summer because fouling him is going to be the opponents only prayer.

5) Austin Lohin is one of the most intense hard-nosed players that played on any team this year. His intensity and determination on the football field and basketball court were so fun to watch. I'm going to miss that and so will all the rest of the fans. He brought it every night, everything he had, and I know the opponents hated to see him coming because he was impossible to stop. Austin was the only person who could stop Austin. Anybody who knows anything about sports and competing will have great respect for this young man. Does anybody know what his plans are after graduation? College...Football or basketball?

6) Speaking of fun to watch...Coach Froedden is fun to watch. He's so intense...If he could instill some of his intensity in all of his players, they would go much further. It's obvious he loves his guys and they love him. I wouldn't let the divisive comments work. They are clearly intended to try to get the Sycamore team to self-destruct by turning coaches and players on each other. It seems like some Harpeth fans or players are more than a little worried about the Sycamore TEAM they will have to face next year. Hopefully, Sycamore can see through that. Sycamore, stick together boys and the division is yours!

7) Murray Harris...Point blank...what a shot!...it was deadly accurate. Let's be honest....All you players wish you could shoot like him and opposing fans, you hated to see him shoot. Any player would be thrilled to death to be able to shoot like Murray...thrilled! Murray...is he in the valedictorian race? If so, that is awesome.

8) I am a big Sycamore fan but I like to see all the county teams do well...let's keep it clean, fair, tough-nosed competition. No reason to hate...Harpeth, Congratulations. You guys did an awesome job beating Sycamore 3 or 4 times this year...hat's off to you. I think you had the loudest fans in the district...Besides good players, I believe your fans were the x-factor in your success. I hope you appreciate them. Hopefully, the Sycamore fans learned something from yours. But nonetheless, I believe Sycamore will avenge those losses next year...Who knows what will happen the year after that. It is fun to speculate, fun to watch, and really a great thing when all the Cheatham County teams have winning seasons. Winning is fun, but the better the competition, the more fun it is! Hopefully, we provide each other tough enough competition in our district next year so that we can all be more successful in going further. Next year will be fun...can't wait!!!! Good luck to all.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Great Post!!!!! Personally, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE KIND WORDS BUDDY!!!!!

I usually just observe the boards but I had to say something today. Actually, a few things...

OK,

1. first of all, I understand family has to protect family and judgment can get a little foggy at times when it comes to family members but lets not get carried away.

Pierre Mitchell : I give it to him on one level, he is a good assistant. Heres the thing : You cant be a "play maker" you gotta give it to the "play maker" thats the story of a great assist guy. He is no play maker, he cant drive the ball in and make the play, he cant finish when he does, therefore....leading assists FOR SYCAMORE.---NOT THE DISTRICT!

2. Rebound and Block shot leader. Why you say? Because the biggest guy on the team is sitting on the bench 90% of the time. Why you ask? Because Uncle...uhhum I mean coach needs to let nephew..uhhum I mean Pieere get playing time. Plain and simple. We all know Big John isnt always on the top of the thinking pyramid but hey, he's our Big John and they dont call him BIG for nothing. Never gets the time John deserve but never heard him complain, Why? well I'm glad you ask because he's not a cry baby, he acts mature, unlike the Frenchman when everytime he gets fouled he makes his faces and he throws his arms in the air and makes exscuses. Put BIG JOHN in for the playing time he deserves and Pieere sits 90% of the season taking away the "REBOUND BLOCKED SHOT" status.

3. NBA Dunk Contest Caliber. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Thats a good laugh. He put down 4 dunks on the season tops. Exscuse me but I didnt see any 360 slams or Under and Overs. I didnt even see a foul line jump with the classic Jordan. COACH calls EAGLE and NEPHEW gets the ball, not Lohin, NEPHEW gets the ball 2 feet from the basket on the left side and lays it in. Notice how I left out the word JAM. He just put the ball in the basket. The only JAM Pieere has ever seen was on a piece of toast while having a free meal at BJ's. If thats NBA caliber then Austin lohin just got drafted to the Heat baby. Move over Shaq Lohins coming home.

I'm not trying to bash anyone here, all I ever said was that Pierre is NOT a Division ! player and thats the truth. Dont beleive me just ask the fans up in the stands what they think. Not a team mate that thinks Coach Froeden hung the moon, not a family member with the need to defend. Ask the people that count. The ones that come out like faithful fans should and work all week and pay that hard earned money to watch a team. Not just any team but the HOME TEAM take the floor and when the best 5 are not on the floor ( refer back to #2) then yeah it gets a little old week after week when you see players riding the bench that should be starting. When you have a student section that I watched FIRED UP all last year get there HOME COURT ADVANTAGE taken from them time after time from opposing teams and rivals because they cant get fired up and stand behind what they see taking place.

Now Austin Lohin : Cant think of one thing bad to say. He is hard nosed and he loves to compete. He's not looking for glory and he is not selfish. Unlike some people may think. He knows what it takes to win and most of the time its just like when he played football. If he wants the team to score than he takes control. Selfish? NO. Leader? Yes. Keep it up Austin the Town of Pleasant View, The student body, and the Fans up in the Stands all support you and wish you well in your College career.

Murray Harris : Now I have given Murray a little bit of a hard time. Why ? because I could. He is a great player and yes he has a great shot when he gets set. If he is not set then its not going in. Plain and simple. Someone just taught him the ugliest way to get set, sorry Murray but your butt doesnt have to touch the floor to get a basket to go in the hole. I'm not taking anything from Murray. He is a great guy and other teams did fear him from the 3 line. Had a great career at Sycamore and earned his spot, deserved to play every minute he was in the game. A definite TRUE STARTING 5. Just giving him a hard time for thinking FRENCHY was a Div. 1 player. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> that gets me everytime!

Coach Frogden : Just joking people I know his name. I go to the same school for crying out loud. Pete, Pete , Pete. Do "I" like your coaching style? Not really. You know the old saying, " you don't know what you've got until its gone" well the boat is leaving and you missed it pal. In so many ways you have no idea. BIG JOHN will never play for Sycamore again. The victim of one year coaches negelcting to put the time in. Heck even Ed Derrick put time in on his Gloden Egg Rebecca Thompson. Thats a different story for a different time. I can still smell that rotten egg from here! Talk about a flute player gone wrong, someone told her she would make a great basketball player. Should have stuck with the flute honey! Anyways....You got outcoached time and time again but thankfully for you, your kids pulled you from the fires time and time again. Atleast they had those chairs on the the floor during time outs to sit down and tell you what you were doing wrong. Again, way to go Lohin... He shoots, he score, and he coaches. Not only does Austin coach the Special Olympics but apparently he coaches High School Basketball. That brings me to another point. If Pierre is such the leader of this team then why did I hear Pete call for Lohin to pass it to Lohin so Lohin could score? I know, Iknow it doesnt make sense. But it is what it is and we have what we have folks. Unfortunately.

BC : Why bring up your radio stint and your hard times of travel if not to get recognition. OK your a glory hog and you need praise so here gooooooooos..... THANKS. Now get off your high horse and soap box and quit turning something not about you and Cheatham into something about you and Cheatham. Give it a rest. Quit trying to be something your not and quit asking people for praise. Besides I hear you secretly wanted to play basketball but were afraid to try out. News flash........Lohin has an open spot on his Special Olympics team if you want. What do say RINGER! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />