A SUBSTATE GAMES

timbdp

QUOTE(RedwallOutcast @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:10 AM) 826396767[/snapback]Out of the 16 teams left, I have only seen 4 play. They were University High vs. Cloudland, Temple vs. Cloudland, and Harriman vs. Cloudland. I don't know very much about the other teams...

Westside

Pickett Co.

Cloudland

Culleoka

Humboldt

University High

Temple

Moore Co.

Who is the favorite RIGHT NOW to win the title? All I heard was Union City and Lake Co. and they are at the house...

I would think that Humboldt since they beat UC and play in the toughest region or Temple since they have been ranked in the top all year might be the two favorites entering the sub-state games, but we still have games to play before we start picking favorites to win it all since there have been several upsets across the state.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826396795[/snapback]Yes we see the 9-0 all time answer me this question how many of the kids on the current roster played in the previous 9 sub state games, 0 you act like it's the same kids year in and year out playing in the sub-state (9-0) is very impressive but like Legend said it has got to stop somewhere. I have seen both Pickett and CSAS play, and I am telling you now if you think Pickett is just going to roll over the Patriots you have seriously lost your mind, Pickett with the exception of #10, 22, and 34 I wasnt that impressed with everyone else, #11 looked like he could be pretty decent but trust nothing about Pickett will intimidate CSAS, I think CSAS athletic ability will actually give Pickett some problems, but like I said in an earlier post I will give my prediction and game preview Sunday night

Ummm.....No, they played in the 2005 substate game against Grace, so you've already proven your lack of knowledge on that. 10,22, and 34 are the best players, but you leave 11 open he hits it 9 out of 10 times. and 3 isn't the best shooter or our best scorer, but he's the one who is usually, night in and night out he's guarding your best guard. Pickett co. never under estimates anyone, thats why they usually win. They'll be prepared. What makes you think that we think we are just gonna role over everyone? No, we don't think that...I give CSAS their credit, they've made it this far and they are probably a really good team, and it won't be easy for Pickett co. Now with that said, I think Pickett is gonna win, just because it doesn't happen. There is a reason that we are 9-0 in substate games, it isn't because teams don't come ready to play, its because PC has been an impossible to beat at home. They only lost two games at home this year. It could happen though, I guess streaks have to come to an end somewhere, I just don't see it happening this year, and it has nothing to do with CSAS, I think its because the bobcats won't let themselves be the first team to lose a game at home.

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Mar 2 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826396795[/snapback]Yes we see the 9-0 all time answer me this question how many of the kids on the current roster played in the previous 9 sub state games, 0 you act like it's the same kids year in and year out playing in the sub-state (9-0) is very impressive but like Legend said it has got to stop somewhere. I have seen both Pickett and CSAS play, and I am telling you now if you think Pickett is just going to roll over the Patriots you have seriously lost your mind, Pickett with the exception of #10, 22, and 34 I wasnt that impressed with everyone else, #11 looked like he could be pretty decent but trust nothing about Pickett will intimidate CSAS, I think CSAS athletic ability will actually give Pickett some problems, but like I said in an earlier post I will give my prediction and game preview Sunday night

PC will not roll over CSAS, but CSAS will be PC's 10th straight substate victim at PC.

Peabody at Westside

CSAS at Pickett Co

Cloudland at Harriman

Eagleville at Culleoka

Middleton at Humboldt

Wartburg at Univ School

FCS at Temple

Moore Co at East Lit

Westside over Trenton by 2

Pickett County over Arts and Sciences by 5

Cloudland over Harriman by 3

Culleoka over Eagleville by 14

Middleton over Humboldt by 1 OT

UH over Wartburg by 12

Temple over FCS by 18

Moore County over East Literature by 11

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 2 2007 - 06:26 PM) 826397430[/snapback]Ummm.....No, they played in the 2005 substate game against Grace, so you've already proven your lack of knowledge on that. 10,22, and 34 are the best players, but you leave 11 open he hits it 9 out of 10 times. and 3 isn't the best shooter or our best scorer, but he's the one who is usually, night in and night out he's guarding your best guard. Pickett co. never under estimates anyone, thats why they usually win. They'll be prepared. What makes you think that we think we are just gonna role over everyone? No, we don't think that...I give CSAS their credit, they've made it this far and they are probably a really good team, and it won't be easy for Pickett co. Now with that said, I think Pickett is gonna win, just because it doesn't happen. There is a reason that we are 9-0 in substate games, it isn't because teams don't come ready to play, its because PC has been an impossible to beat at home. They only lost two games at home this year. It could happen though, I guess streaks have to come to an end somewhere, I just don't see it happening this year, and it has nothing to do with CSAS, I think its because the bobcats won't let themselves be the first team to lose a game at home.

You missed understood my point I know these kids played in the substate two years ago but some people act likeit's the same bunch that played in the other 8 sub state games. I think Pickett Co. is a good basketball team and i only saw them play one time I just think it's funny how EVERYBODY is picking them to win I understand their fans to expect them to win but everybody is picking them to win. It's cool though that's why this time of year is soooo fun I already have the car gassed up so I can make that trip from Murfreesboro