A SUBSTATE GAMES

timbdp

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826396591[/snapback]I don't know much about the west tennessee teams and for that matter not a hole lot about east tennessee either. But I know its hard to walk into another team's gym and win. Pickett co. has never lost a substate game at home(9-0). I think Moore co. and Cloudland will be the only two road teams to win, and I don't necessarily think that if they do win that they will be upsets. My big interest is in the Westside/Trenton Peabody game, what are these two teams like, size, speed, and what not?

I think CSAS has the best chance to pull off the "upset."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(culleokarep @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:56 PM) 826396396[/snapback]how bout we play the games before we crown the champs

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> How about you checking out the if's??? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:43 AM) 826396616[/snapback]Ummm....did you not see the 9-0 all time when played in pickett co.? Plus Pickett is on a role right now. Teams from 4A rarely go to Chatttown and win, and Chatt. teams never come into pickett and win.

I've seen it on about 4 different topics. I understand that no one has ever won up there, but there has to be a first time. I really think CSAS's style of play will cause Pickett problems. Oh yeah and there will be neutral refs.

. But I know its hard to walk into another team's gym and win. Pickett co. has never lost a substate game at home(9-0).

Everytime the Patriots hear someone say Pickett Co. has NEVER lost a substate game at home they get a little more excited and a little more pumped up! Keep talkin about NEVER......Pickett has NEVER played anyone like CSAS at home for a substate game!

QUOTE(THELEGEND @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:46 AM) 826396622[/snapback]I've seen it on about 4 different topics. I understand that no one has ever won up there, but there has to be a first time. I really think CSAS's style of play will cause Pickett problems. Oh yeah and there will be neutral refs.

Neutral refs didn't make a difference two years ago. Two years ago everyone was saying that Grace would walk into PC and come out with a fairly easy win. They got thumped. Everyone thought friendships style of ball would cause us problem, didn't .....everyone thought jackson co. would beat us again, didn't....So keep doubting us, its working like a charm so far.

Your right legend, those teams were alot better.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 2 2007 - 09:52 AM) 826396637[/snapback]Neutral refs didn't make a difference two years ago. Two years ago everyone was saying that Grace would walk into PC and come out with a fairly easy win. They got thumped. Everyone thought friendships style of ball would cause us problem, didn't .....everyone thought jackson co. would beat us again, didn't....So keep doubting us, its working like a charm so far.

Your right legend, those teams were alot better.

Guess we will just have to see.

QUOTE(LookinFor4 @ Mar 1 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826396346[/snapback]Red, also Middleton played lights out that night in M-Town. I will say this though, I don't think the M-town big man played that night and that should help their case if he doesn't play lazy. I know how good of a team Humbolt has and on paper there is no doubt they should win expecially at home, but M-town has a tendency to show up in big games and with an aggressive style of offense that could pose problems for a bigger Humbolt team. IF M-towns guards and forwards shoot like they did when they beat Humbolt earlier in the season- Look for the same result. However ,I think with the home court advantage and slowing the tempo to play the post will ill effect M-town.

pick- Humbolt- 70

M-town - 65

This is very true. Middleton did play one of its best games of the year that night. I think this will be a close game but honestly I give the edge to Humboldt. They are playing at home and are on a roll. Middleton did not take care of business and deserves to be on the road. Middleton has probably lost more 1-point substate games than any team in TN. These are the years they have lost by 1 point in the last 11years..(1996-West Caroll,1997-Sharon,2001-Lake County,2004-Halls,2006-Union City)

Pick- Humboldt 59

Middleton 58

QUOTE(timbdp @ Mar 1 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826395981[/snapback]3/5

Peabody at Westside

CSAS at Pickett Co

Cloudland at Harriman

Eagleville at Culleoka

Middleton at Humboldt

Wartburg at Univ School

FCS at Temple

Moore Co at East Lit

who will win these games?

Out of the 16 teams left, I have only seen 4 play. They were University High vs. Cloudland, Temple vs. Cloudland, and Harriman vs. Cloudland. I don't know very much about the other teams...

Westside

Pickett Co.

Cloudland

Culleoka

Humboldt

University High

Temple

Moore Co.

Who is the favorite RIGHT NOW to win the title? All I heard was Union City and Lake Co. and they are at the house...

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Mar 2 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826396616[/snapback]Ummm....did you not see the 9-0 all time when played in pickett co.? Plus Pickett is on a role right now. Teams from 4A rarely go to Chatttown and win, and Chatt. teams never come into pickett and win.

Yes we see the 9-0 all time answer me this question how many of the kids on the current roster played in the previous 9 sub state games, 0 you act like it's the same kids year in and year out playing in the sub-state (9-0) is very impressive but like Legend said it has got to stop somewhere. I have seen both Pickett and CSAS play, and I am telling you now if you think Pickett is just going to roll over the Patriots you have seriously lost your mind, Pickett with the exception of #10, 22, and 34 I wasnt that impressed with everyone else, #11 looked like he could be pretty decent but trust nothing about Pickett will intimidate CSAS, I think CSAS athletic ability will actually give Pickett some problems, but like I said in an earlier post I will give my prediction and game preview Sunday night