Stone Memorial Soccer

medicineman

QUOTE(medicineman @ Mar 2 2007 - 12:50 AM) 826396389[/snapback]Hey, does anyone out there know anything about Stone Memorial soccer? What are they going to look like? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

who the heck are they???........oh thats right..... NO ONE KNOWS!

I know that they are a first year program, but they combined from several schools (of which I am unaware of the names). I know their girl's basketball team was very good (though that says nothing about soccer) but I am not going to take them lightly just because they are a new school. We play them late in the season, so I won't know anything for a while. Anyone know what schools were combined to form this school? I think it is near Crossville.

QUOTE($$$ MONEY $& @ Mar 4 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826399790[/snapback]who the heck are they???........oh thats right..... NO ONE KNOWS!

While I'm sure that CAK, Bearden, or FArragut probably have nothing to fear from Stone, it would probably be a good thing for some of their other potential opponents to pay attention to them. I believe they pull a large percentage of their student body from Cumberland County High, which is usually a decent AAA program. They also have exceptional facilities, and every other team I've seen of their's has been well coached, so I imagine their soccer team will be no different. Their boys and girls basketball programs were both very competetive this season, and while I realize Basketball and soccer are not the same, I've noted that success in one area often breeds success in other areas. If you have a group of boys who are accustomed to winning, usually they do, or vice versa.

big g i know that most of stone memorial's kids came from cumberland county high. i also know there girls basketball and girls soccer teams pulled several players from clarkrange high school. i doubt that any guys from clarkrange would help any but last season cumberland county had some very decent players and they would've been a very competitive double a team. if they have pulled the talented players from cumberland county then they could quite possibly be a team to watch out for. they might not be able to compete with the likes of cak or catholic, but from what i saw last year, if they pulled the right kids, they can beat a kingston and definetly a scott county.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(sweep22 @ Mar 5 2007 - 05:59 PM) 826400878[/snapback]big g i know that most of stone memorial's kids came from cumberland county high. i also know there girls basketball and girls soccer teams pulled several players from clarkrange high school. i doubt that any guys from clarkrange would help any but last season cumberland county had some very decent players and they would've been a very competitive double a team. if they have pulled the talented players from cumberland county then they could quite possibly be a team to watch out for. they might not be able to compete with the likes of cak or catholic, but from what i saw last year, if they pulled the right kids, they can beat a kingston and definetly a scott county.

Cumberland County High school did not "combine " with another school.....We SPLIT into two schools. Now there is CCHS and SMHS (Stone Memorial). CCHS dropped in population by about half. CCHS will continue to play 5AAA schools for 3 years. Stone has almost the same population as CCHS and play in A/AA bracket. So, the effects of cutting CCHS in half and playing the same 5AAA schools will prove to be difficult. If CCHS would not have split, the 5AAA districts would have been a breeze......Yep! Crossville, Tennesse has talent and we don't even have to go to the city to get it!?!*# Stone has an amazing coach from Norway (Geir Bergvin) who has worked with a group of 91 boys for about 4 years. These boys are freshman and sophomores. Three of the boys are playing for CCHS and 10 of the boys are at Stone. Stone is young, diciplined, and they are smart. I expect great things to happen for this team..... These boys will only get stronger! Only wish the strict zoning didn't leave the other three boys and the "Patrick Weavers" at CCHS.... then we could have easily fielded 11 boys together who would make some private school boys sweat in A/AA.

Also, no girls were pulled from Clarkrange to play Soccer. One girl left Crossville to play basketball in Clarkrange her freshman year and came back to play her junior year. Then decided to play soccer at Stone.

QUOTE(cchssoccer @ Mar 28 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826425510[/snapback]Cumberland County High school did not "combine " with another school.....We SPLIT into two schools. Now there is CCHS and SMHS (Stone Memorial). CCHS dropped in population by about half. CCHS will continue to play 5AAA schools for 3 years. Stone has almost the same population as CCHS and play in A/AA bracket. So, the effects of cutting CCHS in half and playing the same 5AAA schools will prove to be difficult. If CCHS would not have split, the 5AAA districts would have been a breeze......Yep! Crossville, Tennesse has talent and we don't even have to go to the city to get it!?!*# Stone has an amazing coach from Norway (Geir Bergvin) who has worked with a group of 91 boys for about 4 years. These boys are freshman and sophomores. Three of the boys are playing for CCHS and 10 of the boys are at Stone. Stone is young, diciplined, and they are smart. I expect great things to happen for this team..... These boys will only get stronger! Only wish the strict zoning didn't leave the other three boys and the "Patrick Weavers" at CCHS.... then we could have easily fielded 11 boys together who would make some private school boys sweat in A/AA.

Also, no girls were pulled from Clarkrange to play Soccer. One girl left Crossville to play basketball in Clarkrange her freshman year and came back to play her junior year. Then decided to play soccer at Stone.

I have heard some great things about you guys so far. While you are young, it sounds like you have a lot of talent. We are looking forward to playing you guys! Welcome to the district!