East Ridge vs White House

squadup40

QUOTE(abc123kid @ Mar 5 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826401349[/snapback]Dude your lame dont single out players when this is the best year of basketball that has ever been played from East Ridge.. East Ridge is a GREAT TEAM... Jurick is not overratted he will go father than you your son and all your friends will ever go if you seen him in the brainerd or howard game you wouldnt probably even mention overrated just hush your trap and give the boys of east ridge a pat on there back for making history at east ridge highschool.. CONGRATS ON THE BEST SEASON EVER YOU ALL DESERVED EVERY BIT... DONT LISTEN TO CHUMPS LIKE THIS GUY

...let bring it home Howard good luck..

Dont get upset Kid!! Youre right this is the best season of any East Ridge team and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Jurick is not overrated but I think he needs to add a little more heart into his game. It seems like he gets up for the games against howard and no one else(just my opinion). I was surprised about Wells but everyone has a bad game but he has no reason to hang his head he is still on my top 5

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Mar 6 2007 - 01:06 PM) 826402198[/snapback]Dont get upset Kid!! Youre right this is the best season of any East Ridge team and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Jurick is not overrated but I think he needs to add a little more heart into his game. It seems like he gets up for the games against howard and no one else(just my opinion). I was surprised about Wells but everyone has a bad game but he has no reason to hang his head he is still on my top 5

IM not upset im very proud of my pioneers they did great, you just shouldnt down kids after a great season they had.( because it was probably that guys first time ever seeing them play and dont know what he is talking about). yes I do agree philip needs to have more heart in more games, which he didnt have a bad game last night he was getting tripled team and still had fifteen on them ....Yes Alex Wells is one of the best players around and he just wasnt hitting and you cant help that sometimes there just kids ,and you also see major NBA players hit just a couple points a game sometimes you just cant handle it if your having a bad night or not... Great Season..

But HustlinTiger make sure you tell your boys from Howard to go all the way and make chatt town and Hamilton County proud....

QUOTE(abc123kid @ Mar 6 2007 - 02:45 PM) 826402340[/snapback]IM not upset im very proud of my pioneers they did great, you just shouldnt down kids after a great season they had.( because it was probably that guys first time ever seeing them play and dont know what he is talking about). yes I do agree philip needs to have more heart in more games, which he didnt have a bad game last night he was getting tripled team and still had fifteen on them ....Yes Alex Wells is one of the best players around and he just wasnt hitting and you cant help that sometimes there just kids ,and you also see major NBA players hit just a couple points a game sometimes you just cant handle it if your having a bad night or not... Great Season..

But HustlinTiger make sure you tell your boys from Howard to go all the way and make chatt town and Hamilton County proud....

First of all, your screenname says alot (KID). I have seen more basketball that you have ever dreamed about and I have seen Jurrick many times. Please do not think I am knocking anyone's season. East Ridge had a great year and should be very proud of their accomplishment. The student body was great last night and it was a good night for their school. Now, let me point out some obvious things concerning Jurrick. I do believe that Pearl and staff can make him a better player. I am not convinced that he is SEC material as of yet. Here are my thoughts. Watching him from just last night. #1 He struggles from the foul line. He shoots a line drive with very little touch.

#2 He struggles with any shot outside 3 - 4 feet. If he gets right at the basket, he is AWESOME. Keep him away from the rim and he is average. In college, he will not be able to back down 6 -2 post kids as he has done in High School.

#3 Alot of his points last night came on tip ins. Once again, he got to the rim and jumped over a 6-5 kid who was not very athletic. He will not be jumping over 6'5 SEC post players who are not athletic.

#4 THE KID CANT TURN OVER HIS RIGHT SHOULDER after a post feed. He ALWAYS turns left and then if he isnt right at the rim, he passes. Now, he is a GREAT PASSER. But big men in college need to do more than pass. If the defense plays behind him and sits on his left shoulder, he never turns to even look at the basket.

#5 SOMEONE needs to teach him a drop step. He does not have this in his game currently and this makes him easy to guard.

Now, with all that said. He has some talent and I think he is a good player. I just don't believe he is as good as his hype. I am not sure why you have to come on here and insult my knowledge of the game. While you were going nuts and cheering for your team that shot like 15% last night, I was actually studying the game for its nuances. Congrats to East Ridge and I can't wait to follow Jurrick to see what happens. Good luck Phillip!

I saw the game last night on the local access channel in White House. A couple of things I noticed that cost East Ridge the game was the player, I think #30, who took I don't know how many 3 point shots and bricked. After missing at least 3 he should have stopped taking that shot. I did see him make a few jumpers, he should have stayed with that. The BIG GUY for ER was not a huge factor in the game. He had a few blocked shots, but that's all I really saw out of him in that game. He needs to work on the free throws for sure. Maybe nerves got to him if he knew the 2 college coaches were there.

One other important thing that played into WH winning is they played almost a complete game. That had the few minutes where they allowed ER to come back and tie the game to go into over time, but all and all they played almost all four quaters.

To Welch, way to keep your head in the game after the over and back call and coming back and hitting some key shots to help give WH the win. That basketball in the middle of their court hides the half court line pretty good. All you guys from WH played well.

Anyway, WAY TO GO BIG BLUE. Way to finish Monday night. We will be at Wednesday's game against DC. I know you guys are capable of doing it again. Just stay focused and take it to them. Good Luck.

I don't really understand people saying he doesn't live up to his hype. Any kid in Chattanooga that has DI coaches coming to see him play is deserving of some hype. Does he need to improve, of course he does. Tennesseebball makes some good points... but remember he is a HIGH SCHOOL basketball player.

Obviously the DI coaches are seeing something they like.