Temple vs Friendship

Possumtowner

I thought having the cheerleaders stand right behind the temple players was kind of classless. I have never seen that before. They should all be together on the end line. They were so close to the players they could have messaged their shoulders while they sat on the bench.

I don't think any student section should go unchecked by the school adminstration at a game like that. (especially if you claim to be a Christian school)

Kids will be stupid even at a Christian school but an adminstrator should be on top of those kids. I have seen it happen at many games. I have even seen administrators take kids out for being rude or disrespectful. I don't blame the kids... I blame the administration.

Sitting behind the bench is a little rude but I guess it was part of their stratagy. Don't really have a problem with it but I can't imagine the kids didn't say things that they shouldn't have said because kids do stupid things.

Where was the FCS adminstration? I am not a big temple fan but I am glad they won this game.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mtnman @ Mar 6 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826401801[/snapback]I thought having the cheerleaders stand right behind the temple players was kind of classless. I have never seen that before. They should all be together on the end line. They were so close to the players they could have messaged their shoulders while they sat on the bench.

I don't think any student section should go unchecked by the school adminstration at a game like that. (especially if you claim to be a Christian school)

Kids will be stupid even at a Christian school but an adminstrator should be on top of those kids. I have seen it happen at many games. I have even seen administrators take kids out for being rude or disrespectful. I don't blame the kids... I blame the administration.

Sitting behind the bench is a little rude but I guess it was part of their stratagy. Don't really have a problem with it but I can't imagine the kids didn't say things that they shouldn't have said because kids do stupid things.

Where was the FCS adminstration? I am not a big temple fan but I am glad they won this game.

I too was sitting on the FCS side close to the Temple bench. The curse words were flying in the 4th quarter.

Even the ref made the comment after the game that he thought FCS was supposed to be a Christian school.

It's not easy getting beat in the playoffs. We know from football. But we at least held our heads up high

and showed class. The parents and students of FCS cannot say that.

The player from FCS that was ejected was #11. The bloody incident you refer to happened because an FCS kid hit his face on the shoulder of a Temple kid going up for a rebound. It was nothing close to an elbow. The player from FCS was just being agressive and jumped for a rebound. I think the FCS player was actually called for a foul for going over the other kids back. The bloody incident was two players being agressive, the shove into the wall was a player loosing his temper. As far as the cussing from the student section, students will be students, but I do agree that some administration should be over there keeping the students in check, congrats to temple, good luck in the state.

I thought the student section and the cheerleaders lacked class but they only acted that way because the administration has allowed it to go on. There were one or two adults who got out of hand but that happened and happens on both sides, all the time. While I appreciated the spirit and energy of the student section, it may be that there is a better way to use that energy in support of the school and its athletes.

Some things that were unnecessary was the turning the backs of the student section and cheerleaders while our players were being announced. While that may seem cute or funny, it is not, and it shows a lack of respect not only for the competition but the game. I would guess that when FCS lost to PC for the region, they did not applaud PC when the first place plaque was awarded. There are some things, while allowable in other arenas, ought not to be characteristic of Christian schools. In all fairness, I found it disheartening to see Seth Skogen holding up the front of his jersey and waving bye to the student section. By the way, FCS's number 11 committed an intentional foul against Dee for his fifth foul. He was not ejected. It is characteristic for the team and fans to applaud a player when he fouls out. I am sure they were not applauding that particular foul. As far as the kid getting bloody, it was not anything more than an accident.

It is not hard to understand why the region 4 teams have such a distaste for FCS and it is unfortunate because there are quite a lot of classy fans who post on here. I felt sorry for FCS in their loss last night. They obviously worked hard to make it to the sectional and they have a good group of athletes. FCS was ill prepared for the match up last night just as we were in Lebanon back in the fall. Congratulations to FCS on a great season!

By the way, I appreciated the earlier post about the officiating. It did look by the end of the game that the officiating was fairly balanced. There were bad calls and no calls that went both ways.

Pasture- I regret seeing you post your anti-skogen crap on here once again-- but morons will be morons

and to use the words disheartening- that is pathetic, seth is an extremely emotional player and more emotion he shows the better he plays and the better his team plays... criticize all you want...maybe you should be more concerned about the stupidity and the lies that fly around the temple administration, than a kid who points at his jersey after getting cussed at...

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826401917[/snapback]Pasture- I regret seeing you post your anti-skogen crap on here once again-- but morons will be morons

and to use the words disheartening- that is pathetic, seth is an extremely emotional player and more emotion he shows the better he plays and the better his team plays... criticize all you want...maybe you should be more concerned about the stupidity and the lies that fly around the temple administration, than a kid who points at his jersey after getting cussed at...

oh the love...

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:09 AM) 826401917[/snapback]Pasture- I regret seeing you post your anti-skogen crap on here once again-- but morons will be morons

I think you have some really serious spiritual issues that need to be addressed.

Even though I know it is a waste of my time, I would mention, yet again, that I am not a Skogen hater. My comment about Seth's actions have nothing to do with his identity. You are probably not at a mature enough place in your life to really understand this but hopefully at some time in your future you will realize that when you let other people dictate your actions you allow them to control you. Seth allowed the student section to control him. Anytime a classy player like Seth allows the crowd to affect him it is disheartening, but hey, he is just a kid, like you.

Man being able to post is somewhat addicting....

not knowing what is going on I think that pasture has some problems... jumping into a screen names spiritual life is slightly overboard...

this is an opinion board right??

I liked skogen's reaction that kind of stuff makes high school basketball entertainment and fun to watch...for an outsider like myself anyways...

It is SAD that FCS went to Temple and showed their true colors. I'm not surprised....I heard a rumor that they are discussing taking christian out of their name as well they should. I don't believe they should be held at a higher standard than others because of their name however, a christian should be christ-like and hold those qualities and exhibit them in day to day life. I have witnessed the display of school spirit on numerous occasions this year and I see nothing wrong with cheering for your team. I have also witnessed and heard the profanity from the student section during warm ups and games this year. Teenagers and adults will do whatever they are allowed to do.... I respect Coach Bradshaw and i think he is a good coach and person- I do wonder how he puts up with all he must endure to coach at FCS. FCS is lucky to have him. We should all hold ourselves accountable for our actions and words- be they good or bad- YES the administration should Step Up but so should the parents, teachers, and student athletes at this or any school that acts the way they seem to act game after game after game ........

QUOTE(IOWNYOU149 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:38 AM) 826401971[/snapback]if you are going to jump into, and judge someone's spiritual life from stuff on a message board...you have proved yourself to be a moron... however, not unlike temple to judge, condemn, and judge some more...

why don't you address what I say...instead of how I say it...

Maybe, you really do not realize how much you actually communicate about yourself in your posts. (By the way, I thought I did address what you said...).

I have been reading your posts for quite awhile and, in my opinion, you seem to always take the low road of degrading, attacking, and insulting people. Your pleasure rests in putting other people down. If you are a believer, you are a very carnal one at best. The only fruit I have to examine is what you put on the message board, since I do not think that I know you personally. In no way would I want to be guilty of judging someone unfairly.

John 7:24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." NKJV

James 3:8-10 "But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. {9} With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. {10} Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. NKJV

Matthew 15:11 "Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man." NKJV