Temple vs Friendship

Possumtowner

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826402003[/snapback]Man being able to post is somewhat addicting....

not knowing what is going on I think that pasture has some problems... jumping into a screen names spiritual life is slightly overboard...

this is an opinion board right??

I liked skogen's reaction that kind of stuff makes high school basketball entertainment and fun to watch...for an outsider like myself anyways...

I respect your opinion. I understand why you may find that kind of stuff entertaining but, in my opinion, there are bigger, deeper things going on than a high school basketball game. Seth's response was not any more Christ-like than FCS's student section.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a parent and someone who was sitting on FCS side please allow me to say

Seth Skogen did nothing wrong. He and his teammates were being cursed and

mocked by students less than 12 inches behind them. I am amazed they kept

their composure as well as they did. It says a lot for their Christian character.

It is wrong of Pasture to get on here and single out one players name and mock

him. All of our players had the right to celebrate at that point. And no I am not

a Skogen but I am a Temple parent. Also, #11 was ejected from the game.

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:01 AM) 826402015[/snapback]I respect your opinion. I understand why you may find that kind of stuff entertaining but, in my opinion, there are bigger, deeper things going on than a high school basketball game. Seth's response was not any more Christ-like than FCS's student section.

Bigger deeper things going on??? please enlighten me i don't know what they are....

to compare seth's actions to FCS's student section makes me think you DO have something against the skogens

I went back and read your posts from the football board... entertaining reading...you do realize that the same verses of scripture you used against IOWNYOU could have been thrown right back at you for your gossip, slander, judgmental and bitter writing about coach skogen and coach beard... just because you don't say 'moron' or 'idiot' doesn't make your pious sounding language any more respectable, or Christian, if you are from temple you are probably just a sad product of legalistic fundamentalism.

I believe #11 fouled out, then he got a technical for throwing a player into the wall...i didn't know that he was ejected, the FCS fans clapping really confused me....

QUOTE(hvnbnd @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:03 AM) 826402020[/snapback]As a parent and someone who was sitting on FCS side please allow me to say

Seth Skogen did nothing wrong. He and his teammates were being cursed and

mocked by students less than 12 inches behind them. I am amazed they kept

their composure as well as they did. It says a lot for their Christian character.

It is wrong of Pasture to get on here and single out one players name and mock

him. All of our players had the right to celebrate at that point. And no I am not

a Skogen but I am a Temple parent. Also, #11 was ejected from the game.

hvnbnd, my intention wasn't to mock, Seth. And your point about the team keeping their composure is very well taken. I should not have overlooked that point and it is definitely a stand out. I did not intend a personal attacke against Seth, just would rathered he not respond in kind but you are right, they did an excellent job of keeping their cool. My comment was not an anti-Skogen comment, what he did just stood out to me.

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:17 AM) 826402038[/snapback]I went back and read your posts from the football board... entertaining reading...you do realize that the same verses of scripture you used against IOWNYOU could have been thrown right back at you for your gossip, slander, judgmental and bitter writing about coach skogen and coach beard... just because you don't say 'moron' or 'idiot' doesn't make your pious sounding language any more respectable, or Christian, if you are from temple you are probably just a sad product of legalistic fundamentalism.

Comparing Seth's actions to the student section is a stretch, I agree, but it was in the same vein.

Did you read all my posts from the football section? My comments about Beard and Skogen were honest perspectives and geared to challenge people who were piling all the blame on an administration that was no longer in place. "gossip, slander, judmental and bitter" is exaggerative at best, but you are entitled to your opinion. I can respect that.

Do you really need for me to explain to you the "deeper, bigger" things or are you trying to be a /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> kidder?

QUOTE(Pasture @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:45 AM) 826402079[/snapback]Comparing Seth's actions to the student section is a stretch, I agree, but it was in the same vein.

Did you read all my posts from the football section? My comments about Beard and Skogen were honest perspectives and geared to challenge people who were piling all the blame on an administration that was no longer in place. "gossip, slander, judmental and bitter" is exaggerative at best, but you are entitled to your opinion. I can respect that.

Do you really need for me to explain to you the "deeper, bigger" things or are you trying to be a /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> kidder?

Please excuse the "pasture", but his reputation precedes him, this is his time to shine, he did this during football! When everything around the Temple basketball program is positive and going well he has to find something negative to say and it usually involves a "Skogen". This guy hides behind a screen name using very derogatory remarks! Anyone can do that, but a real man would come out and share his feelings with everyone face to face! But pasture will stay behind the scenes and continue to be negative about what Temple does even though they are having a great year and the team chemistry is as good as it has ever been. So please everyone just let Pasture say whatever it is he says, and just know that he doesn't speak for the "real" Temple people.

QUOTE(gofish12 @ Mar 6 2007 - 11:54 AM) 826402093[/snapback]Please excuse the "pasture", but his reputation precedes him, this is his time to shine, he did this during football! When everything around the Temple basketball program is positive and going well he has to find something negative to say and it usually involves a "Skogen". This guy hides behind a screen name using very derogatory remarks! Anyone can do that, but a real man would come out and share his feelings with everyone face to face! But pasture will stay behind the scenes and continue to be negative about what Temple does even though they are having a great year and the team chemistry is as good as it has ever been. So please everyone just let Pasture say whatever it is he says, and just know that he doesn't speak for the "real" Temple people.

It is funny that you say that, I noticed that pasture really started going to town with his posts after the south pitt? win. it is good to know though, glory hogs can be annoying, especially when they are adults who throw bible verses around...I guess I will leave him alone...thanks for the tip gofish12... by "real" Temple people do you mean the people who have been at temple for more than a year?