District 3 AAA

hhsheftylefty10

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hhsheftylefty10 @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:20 PM) 826398436[/snapback]Who is ur pick to win the district? West and Karns are suppose to be the powerhouses...but who may come up big?

Karns lost a lot last year, at least 3 pitchers and a ss. Powell should be good.

QUOTE(hhsheftylefty10 @ Mar 3 2007 - 05:20 PM) 826398436[/snapback]Who is ur pick to win the district? West and Karns are suppose to be the powerhouses...but who may come up big?

So let me get this straight you think Knox West is suppose to be a powerhouse. You obviously have to be from west, because no one else would say that.

Powell should be pretty good this year. I saw Halls play earlier this year they are down from the past couple years but they would have to be after losing lockwood, lucas and many others. But i do believe Halls should be pretty good. West was pretty young last year but its going to hurt losing Byrd to Beardon.

QUOTE(downtown @ Mar 4 2007 - 11:27 PM) 826400029[/snapback]Powell should be pretty good this year. I saw Halls play earlier this year they are down from the past couple years but they would have to be after losing lockwood, lucas and many others. But i do believe Halls should be pretty good. West was pretty young last year but its going to hurt losing Byrd to Beardon.

losing lockwood will def. put halls on their toes, so im seeing them as just OK. the team to watch for is powell. 8 returning starters and a pretty good pitching staff. going to be the team to beat this year.

QUOTE(SportsGUY2232 @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:16 PM) 826404201[/snapback]losing lockwood will def. put halls on their toes, so im seeing them as just OK. the team to watch for is powell. 8 returning starters and a pretty good pitching staff. going to be the team to beat this year.

I dont know what powell team your watching, but to say that they have a pretty good pitching staff is a huge over statement! They have the same pitchers they had last year and NONE of them showed me anything

QUOTE(khspitcher12 @ Mar 8 2007 - 11:29 AM) 826404724[/snapback]I dont know what powell team your watching, but to say that they have a pretty good pitching staff is a huge over statement! They have the same pitchers they had last year and NONE of them showed me anything

Did they not show you anything because you were on the bench? Their pitchers beat Halls and had you beat til the last inning in the district tourny...

QUOTE(KTownBaseball @ Mar 8 2007 - 12:39 PM) 826404736[/snapback]Did they not show you anything because you were on the bench? Their pitchers beat Halls and had you beat til the last inning in the district tourny...

I think powell may have a decent squad this year, however I can't see any way anyone would consider them the favorite, it has been several years since powell has performed at a high level of baseball, 2002 I believe, that was the last good team I remember them having, and that was a good team.

West beat Alcoa last night 8-0. West is very fast. Everytime they were on base they were moving somewhere. I am really a football guy but I attend most of the baseball games as well because there or so many football players on the team. They seemed to be too fast for there own good a couple of times because they got greedy and were thrown out. They hit the ball very well. Robby Hopkins pitched the entire game and look great. It would of been nice to keep Johnathon Byrd at West, but Will Coley is pretty tough. I heard Coach Wright tell the umpire last night that Will is the fastest kid on the team. It got to be pretty funny watching him run to first on a grounder because he would practically beat the runner to first. He threw out everyone that stole second or third. LIke 6 guys. They seem like they are pretty good though. I know most of the kids out there since I follow mostly football. I do know they are young. They started 8 juniors and 1 Freshmen last night or thats what someone in the stands said. ANyways, should be fun to watch everyone this year. Hopefully the weather is nice.

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ Mar 8 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826404740[/snapback]I think powell may have a decent squad this year, however I can't see any way anyone would consider them the favorite, it has been several years since powell has performed at a high level of baseball, 2002 I believe, that was the last good team I remember them having, and that was a good team.

2004 powell team won district. but yes i've seen powell play a few games already this year and your right, they are "decent" they all have talent, i just cant put my finger on what makes them not any better than they should be. any ideas?

Halls will be fine. To many good athlete on this baseball team to be average. New group without the Lockwood or Lucas name but will be in the race at the end of the season. Top to bottom all these kids have played open league ball since they were very young. Long ball may be a problem but this team has alot of speed and the defense may be better. The question is how will the pitching hold up?