District 3 AAA

hhsheftylefty10

Halls 7 Oak Ridge 1

Clarke pitches complete game. 2 hits the wildcats.

Halls scores 6 in the first inning mostly on a 3 run double by Noe. Pitchers duel after that with Younkin settling down and only allowing 1 more run in 5 innings.

Next the 7:30p.m. game

Central v West

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ May 8 2007 - 05:51 PM) 826454744[/snapback]Halls 7 Oak Ridge 1

Clarke pitches complete game. 2 hits the wildcats.

Halls scores 6 in the first inning mostly on a 3 run double by Noe. Pitchers duel after that with Younkin settling down and only allowing 1 more run in 5 innings.

Next the 7:30p.m. game

Central v West

I think Halls has this one in the bag, i just don't see oak ridge or west beating them twice on their home turf... who knows, halls could be looking at going back to the state, if they can squeeze by 2 or 3 teams, they may be going back with A very young squad.. they look as if they are getting hot at the right time.

QUOTE(hallsdog08 @ May 8 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826454907[/snapback]I think Halls has this one in the bag, i just don't see oak ridge or west beating them twice on their home turf... who knows, halls could be looking at going back to the state, if they can squeeze by 2 or 3 teams, they may be going back with A very young squad.. they look as if they are getting hot at the right time.

Halls is looking a lot better than they were at the beginning and middle of the season but i dont see them being a state-contender. sorry. but it is baseball, they could wind up getting there.

QUOTE(hallsdog08 @ May 8 2007 - 08:36 PM) 826454907[/snapback]I think Halls has this one in the bag, i just don't see oak ridge or west beating them twice on their home turf... who knows, halls could be looking at going back to the state, if they can squeeze by 2 or 3 teams, they may be going back with A very young squad.. they look as if they are getting hot at the right time.

West defeated Central 2-1 in what ended up being an excellent pitcher's duel. Jake Ryan just happened to be the better pitcher tonight.

West meets O.R. in the loser's bracket final. Both teams will likely focus on that game and not worry about Halls. A region berth is at stake.

QUOTE(JohnDoe @ May 8 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826454970[/snapback]Halls is looking a lot better than they were at the beginning and middle of the season but i dont see them being a state-contender. sorry. but it is baseball, they could wind up getting there.

Nobody has expected anything from this Red Devil team. They just quietly go about their business and win the games when they have too. They play as a team and don't have to rely on a Lockwood type player this year. When someone goes into a slump somebody else steps up. No i in this team and thats the way they play. They may not have the best defense, pitching or offensive stats. They were the #1 seed going into the tournament and are one win away from representing our district as the #1 seed in the elimination game. The hype is all going to SD, William Blount and always Dobyns Bennett and I think they like it that way. If it all comes to a close today it has been a great year for everyone at Halls. Personally, I think we have some surprises in store.

Nothing ends for Halls today. By virtue of being the winner's bracket champ they've already qualified for a spot in the Region. All that remains is whether they finish #1 (and host the District 4 runner-up) or finish #2 (and play at the District 4 champ).

Halls Red Devils are the 2007 Tournament Champions with a dominating 11-2 win against Oak Ridge.

The Wildcats beat West earlier to claim #2 and go to South Doyle next monday.

Willy Blount ahead for the Red Devils at Halls.

White went the distance. Brock, Dayton, Bowman & Noe all had big nights at the plate. Bats are really heating up.

Congratulations on a big year so far. Long may it continue.

QUOTE(Baseballmad @ May 9 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826455855[/snapback]Halls Red Devils are the 2007 Tournament Champions with a dominating 11-2 win against Oak Ridge.

The Wildcats beat West earlier to claim #2 and go to South Doyle next monday.

Willy Blount ahead for the Red Devils at Halls.

White went the distance. Brock, Dayton, Bowman & Noe all had big nights at the plate. Bats are really heating up.

Congratulations on a big year so far. Long may it continue.

tournament champs 5 years in a row....not to be a jerk, but that was for all you people who put us at the bottom in the begining....lets hope we can keep it rollin monday

go devils

QUOTE(hhsheftylefty10 @ May 9 2007 - 10:43 PM) 826455937[/snapback]tournament champs 5 years in a row....not to be a jerk, but that was for all you people who put us at the bottom in the begining....lets hope we can keep it rollin monday

go devils

LOL hefty lefty...that'll teach um to throw you in the basement! good things can happen in a basement....just ask the tornado survivers!

CONGRATS to the Red Devils another good team win. Good luck against WB sounds like you have your work cut-out for you. All of our community are behind you win/lose. You have proven that you do not have to be great, just better at the right time to achieve success. Enjoy this moment, it will stay with you always.

" YOU SPEND ALL YOUR LIFE GRIPPING A BASEBALL AND IN THE END IT TURNS OUT THAT IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND ALL THE TIME"

Jim Bouton

Ball Four

Whats with your coach?

Was that humilty in your win or a major cut against the players. Your suppose to hit against young pitching whats that all about? Sounds like hes a very unhappy person. Did he expect you to run rule them? Give me a break.

At least your pitcher said something good about the run support. Oak Ridge weren't that bad and played well all year.