TSSAA forming THSA?

BigG

QUOTE(viking_fan @ Apr 5 2007 - 04:09 PM) 826430879[/snapback]Thanks, SS. Another thing I might point out to MtP---there are actually two private schools in our region, and Pc beat both of them: CA and Zion Christian. I think Zion only won one game all season(if they won any at all, can't really remember, but I think they won one), so I don't think being a private school has helped them any. And of course, MtP beat both of those teams; they just happened to lose to a private school in the play-offs. But like I said before, I still do think they do have some advantages, I just don't think it's that big an issue. Of course, I might think differently if PC went to the play-offs and a private school knocked us out of going to the Blue Cross Bowl! LOL

I think some of those same points have been made to MP in the past. I do not deny that private schools have some advantages over public schools. I also fully believe that public schools have some advantages over private schools. I could also say some private schools have advantages over other privates schools and some public schools have advantages over other public schools. As you have pointed out, where does it all end?

You may remember that my Boyd Buchanan boys basketball team defeated your Perry County Vikings in the 1996 state final. I thought (and still think) that your team had the talent advantage, but our team was a better TEAM that year. You rectified things the next season with your 37-0 year and total domination of Columbia Academy in the finals. Advantages could be seen both ways. Historically, Perry County's basketball program is second to none in the state of Tennessee -- public or private.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(supersteve17 @ Apr 6 2007 - 11:17 AM) 826431329[/snapback]Oh, I have no doubt he can get to the beach. I just wonder if he can find the ocean! Just kidding. It sure is easy to pick on somebody when he's not around, huh? LOL.

Not really. It's easier and more fun when he's here, metaphysically speaking of course. He's coacht's version of Alan Colmes, except he's not paid a lot of money to take nonsensical positions on any issue. Gee, I hope he doesn't read this. It'll make him mad.

QUOTE(rollredroll @ Mar 28 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826425436[/snapback]You may not say good things about TCHS if they beat your team 91-0 (ask Red Boiling Springs).

One thing you gotta love about this thread, is that we never let the facts get in the

way of a good post. The only people I have seen or heard complain about this

score , are the uninvolved people on here. Certainly, the score was lop-sided, and

unfortunate. I have all the respect in the world for the RBS players & program, I have watched them play for yrs. They do not play well. I have also seen Clint punt the ball

back after taking over on downs. It isn't fair to the Jackets players to sit on their

hands when RBS has the ball. RBS should be in another region. It's a no win situation.

You may not say good things about TCHS if they were beating you in the playoffs on the last play of the game and they tried to tack on another TD for good measure - a move that, if memory serves, TCHS tried to pull on DCA in the late 80s versus DCA, only to see themselves fumble the ball and have it returned for 70 or 80 yards for the game winning TD for DCA.

Possibly the reason for the attempt to score again.....obviously the current score wasn't enough. This, of course, if memory serves correctly.

TCHS may "follow the same rules" as the other small public schools, but many football fans in this state, while acknowledging the tremendous success Trousdale County has had on the field, are probably saving their benevolence for other programs. TCHS jumped to 3A after the 47-14 playoff loss to CPA in 2000 - as you said previously, they "saw the writing on the wall" - but seemed to forget the fact that that loss came on the heels of a 12-game playoff win streak versus privates by an average score of 41-10. They now have jumped back to 1A (in what you previously deemed a "smart move" - definitely a smarter move that the one exhibited in the DCA game above) now that many of the more established privates have been multiplied to 2A (never mind the fact that they dominated those same privates they apparently are avoiding).

This is still another tired old story, that makes the rounds now & then from the

ill informed. TC "jumped" to 3A due to an enrollment increase. They were required to move to 2A due to enrollment.....they elected to move to 3A due to travel involved.

So did other schools in the Region.

They "jumped" back to 1A, again due to enrollment.

As you did mention, there was no need to avoid the privates, as TC has done quite

well against them.

I, too, give props to Trousdale County for their results on the field - particularly with such a small enrollment and roster - but their spirit of fair play and apparent disdain for even a threat to their historical success has this fan slightly more reserved in showering too much praise on the Hartsville program.

Certainly, you are entitled to your opinion of the TC program, coach, etc. It is not

a widely held opinion statewide. There is an obvious bit of a problem you have with

TC for whatever reason. Just try to keep it within the lines, without the rumors and

hearsay.

Thanks, and good luck to the Big Red

One thing you gotta love about this thread, is that we never let the facts get in the

way of a good post. The only people I have seen or heard complain about this

score , are the uninvolved people on here. Certainly, the score was lop-sided, and

unfortunate. I have all the respect in the world for the RBS players & program, I have watched them play for yrs. They do not play well. I have also seen Clint punt the ball

back after taking over on downs. It isn't fair to the Jackets players to sit on their

hands when RBS has the ball. RBS should be in another region. It's a no win situation.

Grunt, as a post of mine suggested at the time this blowout occurred (link), I do acknowledge, to an extent, that this is a gray area as to how to handle a blowout and mismatch. The fact of the matter is, TCHS chose to take the "low road" in this situation, and while we can't assign total blame to the school for what transpired, those decisions do open the school up to debate.

Possibly the reason for the attempt to score again.....obviously the current score wasn't enough. This, of course, if memory serves correctly.

While I don't remember the precise details of the situation, the current score (TCHS advantage) and down/distance at the time appeared to be enough to ice the game with a kneel-down. The score at the time was indeed enough under that memory. This post would seem to corroborate this opinion (link).

Certainly, you are entitled to your opinion of the TC program, coach, etc. It is not a widely held opinion statewide. There is an obvious bit of a problem you have with TC for whatever reason. Just try to keep it within the lines, without the rumors and hearsay.

As I mentioned in the original post, I do give credit to TCHS and its on-field accomplishments. Frankly, I'm fairly indifferent towards Trousdale County - but certainly don't have a biased axe to grind with TCHS - but those routs that I have mentioned in previous posts, vs. private and public alike, and yet inexplicable occasional major non-aid private avoidance (as deftly described by public torchbearer MPHS), does somewhat taint TCHS's perception in this state. With all due respect, I don't choose to hear what I hear, and while I do hear of major respect for TCHS's ability to make the most out of little, the school is certainly not globally lauded for its decisions on the field and within the confines of the TSSAA.

QUOTE(rollredroll @ Apr 6 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826431768[/snapback]Grunt, as a post of mine suggested at the time this blowout occurred (link), I do acknowledge, to an extent, that this is a gray area as to how to handle a blowout and mismatch. The fact of the matter is, TCHS chose to take the "low road" in this situation, and while we can't assign total blame to the school for what transpired, those decisions do open the school up to debate.

Well, no doubt, the debate will continue, for whatever reason. Problem I have with

it is, as i stated, the problem should lie between TC & RBS. I have only seen one

post on here from RBS, mentioning the subject.

While I don't remember the precise details of the situation, the current score (TCHS advantage) and down/distance at the time appeared to be enough to ice the game with a kneel-down. The score at the time was indeed enough under that memory. This post would seem to corroborate this opinion (link).

As I mentioned in the original post, I do give credit to TCHS and its on-field accomplishments. Frankly, I'm fairly indifferent towards Trousdale County - but certainly don't have a biased axe to grind with TCHS - but those routs that I have mentioned in previous posts, vs. private and public alike, and yet inexplicable occasional major non-aid private avoidance (as deftly described by public torchbearer MPHS), does somewhat taint TCHS's perception in this state. With all due respect, I don't choose to hear what I hear, and while I do hear of major respect for TCHS's ability to make the most out of little, the school is certainly not globally lauded for its decisions on the field and within the confines of the TSSAA.

Routs happen.....we have been on the downside of a few. Portland beat us 52-12

the first yr. in 3A.....embarrassing.....but instead of whining about it , we came back

in the quarterfinals & won 17-14. Both games @ Portland. I have already explained

the "major private avoidance" issue. No point in trying to do it again. I will agree TC

is not globally lauded in any aspect.

My personal belief, ( not TCs'), is that it is the defenses' job to stop the offense from

scoring.

With all due respect to MPHS, I certainly sympathize with their situation, although

I don't agree with all he says. He is very bitter regarding the situation there, and

has trouble dealing with it. TC has played privates for years....won some, lost some.

Won more than lost. No reason to run & hide or complain. We have scheduled them

during the regular season, had good rivalries. MP possibly needs to crank it up a notch to compete, as Big G, I think, said.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, which is ok....the games will go on.

QUOTE(viking_fan @ Apr 5 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826430879[/snapback]Thanks, SS. Another thing I might point out to MtP---there are actually two private schools in our region, and Pc beat both of them: CA and Zion Christian. I think Zion only won one game all season(if they won any at all, can't really remember, but I think they won one), so I don't think being a private school has helped them any. And of course, MtP beat both of those teams; they just happened to lose to a private school in the play-offs. But like I said before, I still do think they do have some advantages, I just don't think it's that big an issue. Of course, I might think differently if PC went to the play-offs and a private school knocked us out of going to the Blue Cross Bowl! LOL

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 5 2007 - 05:26 PM) 826430887[/snapback]Based on MtP's posts it defies credulity that he could find his way to the beach. Please! No one tell him I posted this. He might go postal.

QUOTE(supersteve17 @ Apr 6 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826431329[/snapback]Oh, I have no doubt he can get to the beach. I just wonder if he can find the ocean! Just kidding. It sure is easy to pick on somebody when he's not around, huh? LOL.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ Apr 6 2007 - 05:35 PM) 826431526[/snapback]Not really. It's easier and more fun when he's here, metaphysically speaking of course. He's coacht's version of Alan Colmes, except he's not paid a lot of money to take nonsensical positions on any issue. Gee, I hope he doesn't read this. It'll make him mad.

Hello all my people, it is so nice to be back on coacht, I looked all over the place to find a pc place to post but wife said she would leave me if I got near one. LOL. I see you all had fun in my absence. I even has a public poster come at me. Just wait viking when you can taste a state championships and a school with kids all over the place except from the area their school is in takes it away from ya. As far as finding the beach, I had a GPS system, it helped me find the beach. I borrowed it from a friend who teaches at a local private school. It had a setting on how many miles into several different counties its school could "advertise" too. LOL. As far as Alan Colmes, I'm a republican. And I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure I make more money than him. LOL.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 9 2007 - 08:44 AM) 826432905[/snapback]Hello all my people, it is so nice to be back on coacht, I looked all over the place to find a pc place to post but wife said she would leave me if I got near one. LOL. I see you all had fun in my absence. I even has a public poster come at me. Just wait viking when you can taste a state championships and a school with kids all over the place except from the area their school is in takes it away from ya. As far as finding the beach, I had a GPS system, it helped me find the beach. I borrowed it from a friend who teaches at a local private school. It had a setting on how many miles into several different counties its school could "advertise" too. LOL. As far as Alan Colmes, I'm a republican. And I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure I make more money than him. LOL.

Welcome back! Suddenly all is right with the world again...

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826432905[/snapback]Hello all my people, it is so nice to be back on coacht, I looked all over the place to find a pc place to post but wife said she would leave me if I got near one. LOL. I see you all had fun in my absence. I even has a public poster come at me. Just wait viking when you can taste a state championships and a school with kids all over the place except from the area their school is in takes it away from ya. As far as finding the beach, I had a GPS system, it helped me find the beach. I borrowed it from a friend who teaches at a local private school. It had a setting on how many miles into several different counties its school could "advertise" too. LOL. As far as Alan Colmes, I'm a republican. And I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure I make more money than him. LOL.

I saw on CNN this weekend that a shark bit someone and then spit him back onto the beach. When the lifeguard on duty arrived on the scene, he said that the victim smelled like rotten apples and that's why he thought the shark spit him out. I thought that maybe it was you. Just kidding ... glad to have you back. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826432905[/snapback]Hello all my people, it is so nice to be back on coacht, I looked all over the place to find a pc place to post but wife said she would leave me if I got near one. LOL. I see you all had fun in my absence. I even has a public poster come at me. Just wait viking when you can taste a state championships and a school with kids all over the place except from the area their school is in takes it away from ya. As far as finding the beach, I had a GPS system, it helped me find the beach. I borrowed it from a friend who teaches at a local private school. It had a setting on how many miles into several different counties its school could "advertise" too. LOL. As far as Alan Colmes, I'm a republican. And I'm just guessing, but I'm pretty sure I make more money than him. LOL.

I needed a good chuckle tonight. Hope it was warmer at the beach than it was here.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ Apr 10 2007 - 05:35 AM) 826433704[/snapback]Thank you all I had a great trip. I do see the post were kinda slim. Good thing is that basketball is over and we have only one more sport to get through before football. Sorry BigG. LOL.

Like a previous poster said, I hope it was warmer there than it was here! It actually had snow flurries over the weekend! Welcome back...