A Mr. Basketball updates

IOWNYOU149

Actually do me a favor and check the previous winners of Mr. Basketball compared to the finalists...especially in single a almost always the guy who averaged more points wins....the other stuff gets you up there, but big numbers gets you a bigger trophy- that's just the way it works...

if you know any other numbers for the finalists post 'em- they are obviously all good players and well rounded- I just gave the points cause that is what I could find- please put everything else....I don't care-- I just gave an opinion and think it is well backed because of the history of the award... i'll see what I can dig up...you do the same...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Vandy1082 @ Mar 10 2007 - 04:08 PM) 826407362[/snapback]Actually do me a favor and check the previous winners of Mr. Basketball compared to the finalists...especially in single a almost always the guy who averaged more points wins....the other stuff gets you up there, but big numbers gets you a bigger trophy- that's just the way it works...

if you know any other numbers for the finalists post 'em- they are obviously all good players and well rounded- I just gave the points cause that is what I could find- please put everything else....I don't care-- I just gave an opinion and think it is well backed because of the history of the award... i'll see what I can dig up...you do the same...

haha nice post. and i agree. You never answered my question from another post...Are you Jason Holwerda(sp?)

QUOTE(PBG030 @ Mar 10 2007 - 11:45 PM) 826407724[/snapback]haha nice post. and i agree. You never answered my question from another post...Are you Jason Holwerda(sp?)

Based on what I saw at the opening games, Williams out played Skogen. I saw Skogen just standing around behind a screen waiting for a pass. He seemed to be off shooting. But he does shoot a lot. Williams is a complete player involving all of his team and played great defense also. I did not see Brown as they were not there. If it does go to the highest scorer Williams probably won't win. But if it goes to the best all around player he has a good shot based on what I saw Weds.

QUOTE(Mr knowitall @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826413517[/snapback]Based on what I saw at the opening games, Williams out played Skogen. I saw Skogen just standing around behind a screen waiting for a pass. He seemed to be off shooting. But he does shoot a lot. Williams is a complete player involving all of his team and played great defense also. I did not see Brown as they were not there. If it does go to the highest scorer Williams probably won't win. But if it goes to the best all around player he has a good shot based on what I saw Weds.

I would agree.

demario deserves this award in my opinion. his stats stay the same game in and game out. he is consistant and a team player.

that being said, the temple guy doesn't cut it in my book. a four foot nothing heavy set kid could score 52 points in a game if he shot the ball everytime his hands touch it. i haven't been convinced that he realizes there are other players out there. if it wouldn't be for number 10 on the team, they'd be watching the games with union city and all the fans that can't get over the fact that lake and union aren't in murfreesboro!

Seth Skogen deserves to be Mr. Basketball.

He averages 21 points, 9 rebounds, 2.8 assists, and 2.5 steals a game.

He holds career records at Temple for most points (2,465) and most rebounds (951).

He's been an all-state selection for the last 3 years and has been finalist for Mr. Basketball the last 2 years.

This should be his year to win the award.

I hope Demario is a little more greedy tomorrow too. He hates to take shots all the time because he hates for people to think he's selfish and a ballhog. But tomorrow..we're gonna need his shots! If you look in the program...where it gives the Mr. Basketball stats on each guy........Demario averaged 8-9 assists a game... the Skogen guy averaged 2. And WE get all the flack about Demario not being a team player? Hmm...

QUOTE(phx1best @ Mar 16 2007 - 12:02 AM) 826413700[/snapback] I hope Demario is a little more greedy tomorrow too. He hates to take shots all the time because he hates for people to think he's selfish and a ballhog. But tomorrow..we're gonna need his shots! If you look in the program...where it gives the Mr. Basketball stats on each guy........Demario averaged 8-9 assists a game... the Skogen guy averaged 2. And WE get all the flack about Demario not being a team player? Hmm...

Skogen is a post, not a point guard!!