Giles County vs. Austin East

norespect

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jody Wright with A-E players would just be unfair.

The coaching advantage definitley goes to Giles. This looks to be the most exciting game of Thursday i hope to make it down there in the mourning. If Giles wants to run with A-E then it will be dunks every 5 trips down the floor. If thats the type of game it is then A-E will when by 8+.

If Giles settles it down and runs good sets and make A-E play D for 30 sec at a time then Giles may pull it out.

Fulton has AE talent and the coaching is the same at AE as it is at Fulton. Answer this questions what's the head to head record between Jody and Charles? In my opinion, I think Charles is up by at least 15. Don't compare the two coaches. Now we're now here to fuss about Fulton and AE because at this point, we're cheering for one another! Let's GO EAST TENNESSEE.

Like Roadrunner89 said, "No one is giving AE a chance just like the AE girls." Well as the saying goes, HOW BOUT THEM ROADRUNNERS!!! They'll be just fine without the haters...

QUOTE(treeball @ Mar 8 2007 - 12:22 PM) 826404714[/snapback]AE's biggest problem will be the coaching. Mitchell has great atheletes every year but lately have been lucky just to get to the State. I would love to see Fulton's coach with AEs talent!!

Once again everyone else has superior coaching. AE girls win it and the first thing you hear is they recruit through magnet program. Coach Mitchell is a great high school coach. How many coaches have done in Tennessee. Can you deal with what coach Mitchell has to deal with everyday and be as successful as he has been. It is not easy to win a state championship. You need talent, consistency and LUCK!. Tell me this ... (before I say this I must clarify 1 point.. I think Fulton's coach is a great high school coach. He has been coaching for years and recently has made it to the state playoffs. Also Fulton high school has recently gotten a lot of talent over there) how can Fulton high school feeder school (Whittle Spring) barely win a game but the high school team are one of the state's best. Two things great coaching and getting other players to come to that school. The same with Austin East, there middle school program has not won the county in a while but they repeatedly get to the playoffs. Since moving I haven't got to see them a lot. I did however go to North Carolina and see them play against NC defending state champions. AE won the tournament. Coach Mitchell is a great coach. If he had his success anywhere else people would commend him on his coaching. Tubby Smith won with Petino Talent, John Thompson just had superior athletes, Dungy .....Oh yeah he had Peyton Manning! Good luck to Fulton and AE. Fulton you guys just play ball. There is no doubt your school knows how to be champions (football). I can remember Science Hill beating the Crap out of Ron Mercer and Oak Hill Academy in the early 90's. It can be done.

QUOTE(Turtle @ Mar 12 2007 - 07:07 AM) 826408653[/snapback]Fulton has AE talent and the coaching is the same at AE as it is at Fulton. Answer this questions what's the head to head record between Jody and Charles? In my opinion, I think Charles is up by at least 15. Don't compare the two coaches. Now we're now here to fuss about Fulton and AE because at this point, we're cheering for one another! Let's GO EAST TENNESSEE.

Like Roadrunner89 said, "No one is giving AE a chance just like the AE girls." Well as the saying goes, HOW BOUT THEM ROADRUNNERS!!! They'll be just fine without the haters...

Thanks Turtle. Back to Giles game. I do know Giles county looks very similiar to AE. I seen them play once. Quick and athletic. I did notice they pressure the ball well. They are streaky shooting but #32 and 24 were players. Ae could be dominate inside but that just doesn't seem to be their game. I hope and wish they were a little more patient on the offensive side of the ball. But then again they like playing up tempo game and maybe slowing it down will get them out of that comfort. That is why Mitchell is the coach only he would know.

It really wouldn't surprise me if AE is the most athletic team in the tournament. Notice I didn't say basketball talented. They do have some skilled players but the thing that impresses about AE is their athletic ability. I know West Tennessee teams would like to get on here and say that AE plays pretty weak in teams in East Tennessee and your right they do. I think alot of times this really hurts AE when they get to the Boro because they go through the motions alot during the year. If AE played hard and together all the time they would compete with any of the Memphis programs on an every other year basis. AE has had some really special athletes over the years and I'm sure the AE fans would love to see the 80's type run again were AE was probably one of the most dominate schools in AA in basketball and especially football and track.

I really don't think AE can play with Liberty and could easily lose to Giles but this is one athletic group of Road Runners. They just need to play better team basketball and play hard for 32 minutes. I go to the state every year and understand the difference in athletes between east and west tennessee. i do believe ae is athletic in AA as anyone. unfortunate for ae this isn't an athletic contest but a basketball game.

QUOTE(boorelly @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:26 AM) 826408780[/snapback]Once again everyone else has superior coaching. AE girls win it and the first thing you hear is they recruit through magnet program. Coach Mitchell is a great high school coach. How many coaches have done in Tennessee. Can you deal with what coach Mitchell has to deal with everyday and be as successful as he has been. It is not easy to win a state championship. You need talent, consistency and LUCK!. Tell me this ... (before I say this I must clarify 1 point.. I think Fulton's coach is a great high school coach. He has been coaching for years and recently has made it to the state playoffs. Also Fulton high school has recently gotten a lot of talent over there) how can Fulton high school feeder school (Whittle Spring) barely win a game but the high school team are one of the state's best. Two things great coaching and getting other players to come to that school. The same with Austin East, there middle school program has not won the county in a while but they repeatedly get to the playoffs. Since moving I haven't got to see them a lot. I did however go to North Carolina and see them play against NC defending state champions. AE won the tournament. Coach Mitchell is a great coach. If he had his success anywhere else people would commend him on his coaching. Tubby Smith won with Petino Talent, John Thompson just had superior athletes, Dungy .....Oh yeah he had Peyton Manning! Good luck to Fulton and AE. Fulton you guys just play ball. There is no doubt your school knows how to be champions (football). I can remember Science Hill beating the Crap out of Ron Mercer and Oak Hill Academy in the early 90's. It can be done.

For your information Boorelly, Fulton not only gets students from Whittle Springs but they also get kids (not many) from four other middle School (Vine, Holston, Bearden, North-West). That being true you can not predict how either A.E. or Fulton will do based on the sports performance of their primary feeder schools Vine and Whittle Springs. I'm sure A.E. gets some students from a few other middle schools other than Vine such as Holston and maybe one more.

Falcon for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(FLMS @ Mar 12 2007 - 09:10 PM) 826409589[/snapback]It really wouldn't surprise me if AE is the most athletic team in the tournament. Notice I didn't say basketball talented. They do have some skilled players but the thing that impresses about AE is their athletic ability. I know West Tennessee teams would like to get on here and say that AE plays pretty weak in teams in East Tennessee and your right they do. I think alot of times this really hurts AE when they get to the Boro because they go through the motions alot during the year. If AE played hard and together all the time they would compete with any of the Memphis programs on an every other year basis. AE has had some really special athletes over the years and I'm sure the AE fans would love to see the 80's type run again were AE was probably one of the most dominate schools in AA in basketball and especially football and track.

I really don't think AE can play with Liberty and could easily lose to Giles but this is one athletic group of Road Runners. They just need to play better team basketball and play hard for 32 minutes. I go to the state every year and understand the difference in athletes between east and west tennessee. i do believe ae is athletic in AA as anyone. unfortunate for ae this isn't an athletic contest but a basketball game.

Great reply. I agree 100%. Giles County and Ae are very similiar from what I seen.

Good luck Fulton and AE. Can't wait to see Liberty.