AAA

CHS 2007

AAA  

110 members have voted

1. 1. AAA

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 7 2007 - 06:52 PM) 826403978[/snapback]He would stab it , then chop it up with the spear he stole from Riverdale.

I am sort of stunned at how many votes Oakland has.

How many posters on this board do you see from East Tennessee or West Tennessee as compared to the number of posters you see from Murfreesboro and vicinity? The Pats are probably the most represented team on this board insofar as AAA ball is concerned. Not that many Clarksvillians or Whites Creeksters on this board insofar as I have seen either. I suspect the vast majority are just homers for their hometown team. The Pats have a good local following and, hence, the most homers.

Ha, some kid from Powell might be one of a handful of Powell supporters on this board. The kid goes to school tomorrow (Powell) and enlists dozens of friends to support the team by signing up to CoachT and voting for Powell. Next thing you know, Powell surges ahead in the poll.

I bet if Raleigh Egypt had gone undefeated this year and destroyed every team they faced in the District, Region and sub-State entering the State tournament recognized as one of the top 10 high school teams in in the nation that Oakland would still be ahead in this poll.

Oakland has an outstanding team and could very well win the State. This poll though is more about fan support than anything else.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:29 PM) 826404026[/snapback]I had no clue we had that kind os respect among the other great programs that are also going to state.

yeah it's great to see those who aren't particularly fans of Oakland cheering for them, whether their just cheering for the district side of things or whatever it's just cool.

QUOTE(cobrafan90 @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826404041[/snapback]Cobras strike with deadly accuracy....................The Patriot won't know what hit him.........................Or should i say bit him. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Patriots only win superbowls not State Titles.

didn't the colts win the superbowl?

the cobras need to watch out...Oaklands got the mafia on their side /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826404042[/snapback]How many posters on this board do you see from East Tennessee or West Tennessee as compared to the number of posters you see from Murfreesboro and vicinity? The Pats are probably the most represented team on this board insofar as AAA ball is concerned. Not that many Clarksvillians or Whites Creeksters on this board insofar as I have seen either. I suspect the vast majority are just homers for their hometown team. The Pats have a good local following and, hence, the most homers.

Ha, some kid from Powell might be one of a handful of Powell supporters on this board. The kid goes to school tomorrow (Powell) and enlists dozens of friends to support the team by signing up to CoachT and voting for Powell. Next thing you know, Powell surges ahead in the poll.

I bet if Raleigh Egypt had gone undefeated this year and destroyed every team they faced in the District, Region and sub-State entering the State tournament recognized as one of the top 10 high school teams in in the nation that Oakland would still be ahead in this poll.

Oakland has an outstanding team and could very well win the State. This poll though is more about fan support than anything else.

Well it turns out Oakland has lost only 3 games and have destroyed teams in region and district and substate.

QUOTE(OakIand @ Mar 7 2007 - 07:58 PM) 826404073[/snapback]Well it turns out Oakland has lost only 3 games and have destroyed teams in region and district and substate.

Yes, and your post also has a signature which says, "Let's Bring It Home Oakland."

I don't wish to be overly contentious about this but the poll is what it is and that is moreso a measure of fan support on this board rather than a poll of objective selecting. I certainly do not mind if Oakland has more votes in a poll but there is no reason from an objective standpoint for there to be such a disparity in the votes other than that there are that many more Pat supporters on this board.

Oakland is a good pick. So are some of the others.

Yes, Oakland has lost 3 games. Clarksville has lost 2 and is ranked #1 in the CoachT strenth ranking as well as the Tennessean high school rankings and Clarksville recently defeated one of the teams which handed Oakland one of its 3 losses. Clarksville has thumped a few very good opponents along the way as well.

Again, Oakland would be a good pick. Oakland has a great team. Objectively speaking, though, they should not have the lions share of the votes and such a disparity between Oakland and Whites Creek/Clarksville and the others should not be that large. The reason, I surmise, that Oakland has a current 15 vote lead is simply in recognition of the fact that Oakland High School and its District/Region have more supporters on this board than the others.

I'm not bashing being a homer. I'm a homer. But this is a homer poll and has little do with objective picking. Hence, the querist need not be too surprised given the number of Pat fans on this site.

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826404133[/snapback]Yes, and your post also has a signature which says, "Let's Bring It Home Oakland."

I don't wish to be overly contentious about this but the poll is what it is and that is moreso a measure of fan support on this board rather than a poll of objective selecting. I certainly do not mind if Oakland has more votes in a poll but there is no reason from an objective standpoint for there to be such a disparity in the votes other than that there are that many more Pat supporters on this board.

Oakland is a good pick. So are some of the others.

Yes, Oakland has lost 3 games. Clarksville has lost 2 and is ranked #1 in the CoachT strenth ranking as well as the Tennessean high school rankings and Clarksville recently defeated one of the teams which handed Oakland one of its 3 losses. Clarksville has thumped a few very good opponents along the way as well.

Again, Oakland would be a good pick. Oakland has a great team. Objectively speaking, though, they should not have the lions share of the votes and such a disparity between Oakland and Whites Creek/Clarksville and the others should not be that large. The reason, I surmise, that Oakland has a current 15 vote lead is simply in recognition of the fact that Oakland High School and its District/Region have more supporters on this board than the others.

I'm not bashing being a homer. I'm a homer. But this is a homer poll and has little do with objective picking. Hence, the querist need not be too surprised given the number of Pat fans on this site.

Dont bring up lavergne spell check that. Oakland beat them and should have beat them the 2nd time. Yes oakland has alot of home guys as they should. Last yr it was siegel, they had alot of people cheering for them including me.

QUOTE(TeRrAnCe_JaY21 @ Mar 7 2007 - 09:29 PM) 826404232[/snapback]Dont bring up lavergne spell check that. Oakland beat them and should have beat them the 2nd time. Yes oakland has alot of home guys as they should. Last yr it was siegel, they had alot of people cheering for them including me.

Yes, that is my point about the poll. The votes are homer votes and Oakland has the most homers on this board. At least you recognize it for what it is. Objectively speaking, there should not be such a wide disparity in the votes.

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826404295[/snapback]Yes, that is my point about the poll. The votes are homer votes and Oakland has the most homers on this board. At least you recognize it for what it is. Objectively speaking, there should not be such a wide disparity in the votes.

what we all think out coacht means nothing. The team with the least amoutn of votes could iwn state. who knos

QUOTE(DunkerDon @ Mar 7 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826404295[/snapback]Yes, that is my point about the poll. The votes are homer votes and Oakland has the most homers on this board. At least you recognize it for what it is. Objectively speaking, there should not be such a wide disparity in the votes.

Didnt always used to be this way, 2 years ago I could count the number of Oakland posters on one hand and the years before then, I was pretty much the only one I think until I convinced 2p to come on over. Its nice to have such a wide range of support, but with Raleigh Egypt being knocked out in the sectionals, I feel like this is truly anyone's tournament to win

Didnt always used to be this way, 2 years ago I could count the number of Oakland posters on one hand and the years before then, I was pretty much the only one I think until I convinced 2p to come on over. Its nice to have such a wide range of support, but with Raleigh Egypt being knocked out in the sectionals, I feel like this is truly anyone's tournament to win

Maryville will have their own T-Town, football and basketball. Go Rebels. Also, we can own anyteam in this AAA bracket hands down in football, No need for a poll. We are solid in basketball too. We won at Science Hill, at the Topper whatever it is they call their gym. They even had a Georgetown commited player. Maryville has the best fans in the state too. Go Rebels.

QUOTE(Rebelsfan @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826405709[/snapback]Maryville will have their own T-Town, football and basketball. Go Rebels. Also, we can own anyteam in this AAA bracket hands down in football, No need for a poll. We are solid in basketball too. We won at Science Hill, at the Topper whatever it is they call their gym. They even had a Georgetown commited player. Maryville has the best fans in the state too. Go Rebels.

well this isnt football pal, oakland wins, maryville cant hang with em, or anyone else int he tourney