Farragut vs. Catholic

The Zon

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 9 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826406008[/snapback]Any chance of you revealing what number you are?

BigG your going out on a limb there because no one at Farragut really knows for sure who Lion101 is we have our ideas but dont really know. Id love it if you could find out /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AstonVillian @ Mar 9 2007 - 10:24 AM) 826406016[/snapback]BigG your going out on a limb there because no one at Farragut really knows for sure who Lion101 is we have our ideas but dont really know. Id love it if you could find out /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

#6 /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Lion101 @ Mar 9 2007 - 09:37 AM) 826405962[/snapback]To those of you who feel we aren't for real, you will just have to see!

Hey Lion,

Most of the established coaches use scrimmages to build a team, not a resume. I think that's the method of all of the coaches in West Knoxville.

Farragut's going to be very good this year. I assume, since you are a regular on this Board, you know that the boys at Catholic have a high regard for the Admirals. Along with Bearden, CAK and Webb, many of you are teammates during club season. I've been involved in alot of games between these two sides over the years and I don't remember many easy matches either way--- win, lose or draw.

Good luck to you and Coach C. during the coming season. Just as I'd like to see a CAK v. Knox Catholic A/AA final, I would love to see the Admirals and the Bulldogs face off for a 4th match this spring in AAA.

QUOTE(KCHSCoach @ Mar 9 2007 - 08:21 AM) 826405881[/snapback]Guess Catholic deserved to be on the field after all.

I agree Guess everyone deserves to be on the field. I see parity for the last couple of years everywhere. The middle has their powers , so does the east and west. The east is just stronger overall in their parity.

Scrimmages, This is why I never go to them, who knows what anyone is doing and to call any scrimmage a win is crazy, although I do see some teams on here saying we were in total control so we put in our Subs or JV. Get real, if you are a smart team, that is when you play the SUBS orJV, LOTS!

I will be giving strength updates as I get them across the state, when the season starts.

Good Luck to all~!

I was a little disappointed in the game. Catholic really looked comfortable on the ball; especially around the box. Farragut, even playing a different formation in the first half, didn't work the ball like they could've. The second half got better, with farragut controlling the ball for the majority of the 40 minutes. they were able to work the ball a lot better and came together. It was good to see what they have the potential to do again. Catholic looked good...Farragut had their moments....they should both be fine this season and have a good showing at state.

QUOTE(Mental16 @ Mar 10 2007 - 04:03 AM) 826407057[/snapback]I was a little disappointed in the game. Catholic really looked comfortable on the ball; especially around the box. Farragut, even playing a different formation in the first half, didn't work the ball like they could've. The second half got better, with farragut controlling the ball for the majority of the 40 minutes. they were able to work the ball a lot better and came together. It was good to see what they have the potential to do again. Catholic looked good...Farragut had their moments....they should both be fine this season and have a good showing at state.

They both will be fine and have a goos showing in state. Remember, this is just a scrimmage.....as Big G said "Lose the ones you can...win the one's you have to!" This was one that Farragut could lose. Catholic had their lapse with Lenior City...it opened their eyes. This was Farragut's lapse. Make no mistake- Catholic is a very good team. Now everyone knows it. Farragut will not panic, and I would say they just woke up.

I would hate to be the team that they play next!!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 10 2007 - 07:52 AM) 826407092[/snapback]They both will be fine and have a goos showing in state. Remember, this is just a scrimmage.....as Big G said "Lose the ones you can...win the one's you have to!" This was one that Farragut could lose. Catholic had their lapse with Lenior City...it opened their eyes. This was Farragut's lapse. Make no mistake- Catholic is a very good team. Now everyone knows it. Farragut will not panic, and I would say they just woke up.

I would hate to be the team that they play next!!

PPPYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

QUOTE(Parke865 @ Mar 8 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826404916[/snapback]any team that loses to Lenior City's "Soccer Team" shouldnt be on the same field as farragut

Nice sportsmanship. What "soccer team" do you play for? Actually we have a really good, talented team this year, last year we lacked a good offense, but now we have that. We have had to play with 5 or 6 players with injuries (including 2 starting seniors, a forward and our sweeper) and one who is no longer eligible to play (a starting senior who played forward). As for the Jamboree, the wind was affecting everyone's play because it was so strong, so don't say that the wind at our back, which actually blew across the field in the Catholic game had any effect on our win, because it was causing our passes and shots to go different directions too. We had one goal against us that was caused by the wind in one of our other Jamboree games after our keeper would have knocked the ball out for a corner kick under normal conditions, it just blew the ball right back in the goal past our keeper. Also like other teams, we too are trying some new stuff and putting our JV in for some experience before the season starts. We finally have a coach now too after our other new coach for this season quit. I think just about every team underestimates the Lenoir City "soccer team" every year and Parke865 proves that.

QUOTE(lcdefence @ Mar 10 2007 - 07:01 PM) 826407465[/snapback]Nice sportsmanship. What "soccer team" do you play for? Actually we have a really good, talented team this year, last year we lacked a good offense, but now we have that. We have had to play with 5 or 6 players with injuries (including 2 starting seniors, a forward and our sweeper) and one who is no longer eligible to play (a starting senior who played forward). As for the Jamboree, the wind was affecting everyone's play because it was so strong, so don't say that the wind at our back, which actually blew across the field in the Catholic game had any effect on our win, because it was causing our passes and shots to go different directions too. We had one goal against us that was caused by the wind in one of our other Jamboree games after our keeper would have knocked the ball out for a corner kick under normal conditions, it just blew the ball right back in the goal past our keeper. Also like other teams, we too are trying some new stuff and putting our JV in for some experience before the season starts. We finally have a coach now too after our other new coach for this season quit. I think just about every team underestimates the Lenoir City "soccer team" every year and Parke865 proves that.