Stone Memorial vs Marshall

HSsportfan

Great season Lady Panthers.

Work hard and get back to the boro next year!

Who knows what will happen after that. You just don't know where TSSAA will put you at in AAA. Could be playing Oak Ridge several times in 2009. Stone can be competitive there as well. Just keep working.

Lady Jets just need to work hard and build the program. They will bring it back up in the next couple of years. They have two coaches with a competitive spirit and good work ethic, it will come around.

There are plenty of athletes in Cumberland County to help both schools be competitive.

Everybody just needs to shut up and play! That is the only way!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jetfan2 @ Mar 8 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826405728[/snapback]Great season Lady Panthers.

Work hard and get back to the boro next year!

Who knows what will happen after that. You just don't know where TSSAA will put you at in AAA. Could be playing Oak Ridge several times in 2009. Stone can be competitive there as well. Just keep working.

Lady Jets just need to work hard and build the program. They will bring it back up in the next couple of years. They have two coaches with a competitive spirit and good work ethic, it will come around.

There are plenty of athletes in Cumberland County to help both schools be competitive.

Everybody just needs to shut up and play! That is the only way!

Well put Jetfan2.

QUOTE(SMHS PANTHERS 12 @ Mar 7 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826404368[/snapback]Stone had a great season, yet they have a hard time winning the big game. Over rated, maybe, yet a very solid team in AA basketball. AAA basketball is a different story. The CCHS Lady Jets had a good run also. They never got the credit they deserved. Stone is loaded with great players. Ask them what jersey they wore last year.All five starters for Stone,wore a CCHS Lady Jet Jersey last season! This season, the Lady Jets, and the Jets for that matter, were a brand new team. No returning starters, two brand new coaches, and one of the toughest schedules in the state. All the hype from the coaches & Stone fans on this thread has been amazing. Do not forget where you came from! CUMBERLAND COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL JETTS! Everyone of these Lady Panthers & Panthers (except freshman) have been former CCHS JETS. Every coach at Stone learned their trade at CCHS. Can Cumberland County compete for state championships? Not really, until we get great coaches.

What defines greatness? Coaches that really care. Coaches that care about players more than championships! Coaches that wiil not leave, no matter what, and prove that you really stand behind a team and a school. Go Jets & Lady Jets next season.

If SMHS had only won 10 games this year, would you be complaining about classifications? It wouldn't have even been discussed. The Lady Panthers win district, region, and go to state and then you start whining about classifications. Let's focus on next season.

QUOTE(stonecold07 @ Mar 9 2007 - 10:32 AM) 826406026[/snapback]If SMHS had only won 10 games this year, would you be complaining about classifications? It wouldn't have even been discussed. The Lady Panthers win district, region, and go to state and then you start whining about classifications. Let's focus on next season.

Ok lets see how i can put this. Is this even a topic to be discussing stone or cchs? No im a 17 year old male that goes to stone memorial high school and i have a mature idea that we can all try and that is growing up. Both seasons are over so y are we still arguing about this its is getting very old. Whats the big deal ne ways sports are an important to most high school students but i think most people are forgetting the most important thing. Is getting an education not more important than sports well last time i checked it was. Sports are fun and all but thats not what high school is all about. But is we are gonna argue stone and cchs see which school are better grades and student attendance there something that is actually worth arguing about.

QUOTE(meg25 @ Mar 7 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826404123[/snapback]Marshall wins. Will play on Friday. Congrats to the LADY TIGERETTES

This was the worst officiated game that I have seen in a lot of years. I mean terrible at both ends of the court. Because it got out of hand, the game was more than likeley in Marshall Co's favor. I'm not familiar with either teams style of play. That's just what I saw. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

TSSAA's Rule on Classification

In 2004, Classification was set for four years 2205-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, and 2008-2009. At the end of the first two year period new schools can be added and schools whose enrollment had an increase or decrease by 20% will be moved.

Can someone answer these questions?

1. Why was Stone added earlier than the rule states?

They were classified AA on an estimated enrollment which turned out to be low. How low? Who knows?

2. If they should be added next year, will they have to give another estimation?

If they have to give another estimation, they will be well into AAA numbers(997 and above).

If not will they move up on the 20% rule? From what I hear they will increase by more than 20%. Especially from their original estimation of 920.

If nobody complains to TSSAA, they will be allowed to stay in AA for two more years. The rule is clear. They should be AAA.

QUOTE(mazy @ Mar 15 2007 - 09:19 PM) 826413504[/snapback]TSSAA's Rule on Classification

In 2004, Classification was set for four years 2205-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, and 2008-2009. At the end of the first two year period new schools can be added and schools whose enrollment had an increase or decrease by 20% will be moved.

Can someone answer these questions?

1. Why was Stone added earlier than the rule states?

They were classified AA on an estimated enrollment which turned out to be low. How low? Who knows?

2. If they should be added next year, will they have to give another estimation?

If they have to give another estimation, they will be well into AAA numbers(997 and above).

If not will they move up on the 20% rule? From what I hear they will increase by more than 20%. Especially from their original estimation of 920.

If nobody complains to TSSAA, they will be allowed to stay in AA for two more years. The rule is clear. They should be AAA.

When the time comes to reclassify the districts they will move up, as the enrollment is growing rapidly (it would require an enrollment of 1102 for immediate reclassification) . Now as a 18year old CCHS athlete, I say WAY TO GO LADY PANTHERS. They did nothing wrong, as most of their players are zoned for SMHS feeder schools anyways and also many of their parents work for the school system at schools zoned for SMHS feeders. CCHS has the oppertunity to drop down classifications in football but not any other sports but will not. Eventually the schools will both be 5A and AAA. Right now they arent the same so tough grapes. The coaches at SMHS are no better than at CCHS, we just know them more. After all coach Smith only took cchs to the substate twice (and lost) and coach buck had the same outcome as usual this year in basketball(middle of the pack but very competitive) coach miller briefly helped cchs 2 springs ago. Coach Hershenhahn is a runnerup in girls AAA basketball in Mississippi and coach Eggleston was very successful in Florida as well. As for the boys you have to remember coach buck had the boys playing in summer camps and a fall league and they had over 40 games as a team before fall practice started, cchs got their coach in mid july and their first time playing as a team(they had 0 Scrimages with other teams) was the hall of fame game vs dekalb, so i think the coaching situation is about even all of them have their strengths and weaknesses. The baseball teams cchs has a 2-1 record smhs 0-3. and for argument sake SMHS has a tougher baseball district to play in and theyre AA.

What im trying to say is it will all even itself out if you just give it time, Rome wasnt built in a day. I have a brother that will be a frosh at cchs next year and expect them to be much improved and have a shot to win a few games as the top 3 schools in football and top 2 in basketball are all CCHS feeder schools. Will we hear complaining if chs dominates stone in 3 years in football, probably and it will always be like that until we add a third school (15 years or so) then theyll be the horse everyone beats on. If their is anything to complain about it is the situation of order and discipline SMHS has been having at school, I saw where 8 people had been arrested in the same day for fighting.....thats not good

With that said

Go CCHS, Go SMHS and go all those other teams in Cumberland Co.

This is from someone who has no connection or isn't a fan of either school, but if they have AAA enrollment they should be in that classification, starting this coming school year. That's not suggesting in any way they purposely gave a low estimate, have students from across the zone, or anything like that, there's no way I'd know those things anyway if they were true. And it also doesn't mean Stone wasn't a really good team this past season. I do know there are two schools opening in Chattanooga in the next two years, I understand both will start in AA but will likely grow quickly, I just don't want to see them with 1100 or 1200 students and still be in a class with 500 (and even 100 or 200 in volleyball, track and cross country).